Random Badland Chit Chat.

Discussion in 'GENERAL DISCUSSION' started by Ben Thumbs, Nov 17, 2013.

1. n0phun

n0phun Master of Disaster Moderator

Seems that Kullua started duplicating too, there's now a "Caroline Merrit 70" on the board with exactly his scores.

2. ogster

ogster Elite Member

happy to see a lot of activity in the forum. i had been reading them but was having a hard time posting comments. was stuck in a place with limited and very slow internet connection. that's also why i haven't been playing. but now i'm back and not too happy finding it real hard to improve on my scores.

i see kullua's scores too and am quite impressed. nophun and vicvic are no slouch either. and wheat, you stll in the game? i do want to keep up but i think i'll wait until i get a new device.

cheers, all!

3. Wheat1328

Wheat1328 Ultimate Survivor Moderator

Yeah, still playing. I've definitely slowed but I've been trying to keep up with n0phun on Day 1 Dawn to no avail.

4. n0phun

That's good. Not that you had no luck so far, but to have someone there who is still trying. Hoped to lure ogster in by telling him that D1 Dawn is a good place to get some extra clones. Thought of a "Let's blacken D1 Dawn" week(end) or so. If we top Matt he would be in too, I hope.

I can't upload videos, but I took screenshots from the replays of the 6 Jungle run and of course the 5 in Badlander. Will have to get an account somewhere where I can upload them to folders.

I very much hope someone is able to upload a video of Cloneblower with at least 16. I can't redo even that, best was 13 so far. One of the two levels why it might not be achievable to blacken all cells. The other is Jungle, besides noone got 8 so far I think that it has no fixed limit. In my 6 run I had 7 to the left of the last rock, but I remember faintly that I had once more there. So it's 8+ perhaps.
    Best place to start might be D1 Dawn. ;-) And I really need input to improve there.

5. Wheat1328

n0phun: grandmort has got a video of 16 on cloneblower uploaded to Everyplay

6. n0phun

Which isn't found by their search when you type in "cloneblower". Thanks! Already linked it on the sheet. Looks very promising, a 16 and two avoidable losses at the start. And one sequence where I almost surely played it wrong in my last tries. Thanks, again.

7. ogster

ogster Elite Member

true, true. d1 dawn does look like good hunting grounds. would really like to get at least 100 there. but it's just not working for me. cloneblower has got be my least favorite level but i'll keep trying. and it's scary thinking of playing another million hours just to improve by one clone on a few levels.

i'm looking instead at d2 dawn. i'm not very excited but the possibilities seem brighter over there.

8. Wheat1328

There's a new #1!!!

Congrats on the top spot ogster! :clap:

Matt33, you're going to have to start playing again. Does this mean you'll post your clone counts now? ;) :lol:

9. Ben Thumbs

Ben Thumbs Clone Master Moderator

WOW!

[​IMG]

Yeah, nice work Ogster and not just by the skin of your teeth either. Congratulation. :D

10. Wheat1328

Thanks for cutting me off Lunartic. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think Kullua's other account is occupying the #4 spot anyway. Wonder if that will ever be fixed.... :think:

11. ogster

ogster Elite Member

i got real lucky with a couple of levels. i gave cloneblower few more attempts and came up with an 18. i surprised myself also with a 42 in haste.

matt33 will be back and take top spot yet again. that's a no-brainer right there.

but thanks for the good vibes, guys. cheers!

12. ogster

ogster Elite Member

i'm not sure but i think if kullua isn't playing badland on the older device, he can choose to delete the game from that device. he will be asked if he wishes to remove its corresponding account in gamecenter. if he hasn't yet, then that would be a good way to go about it. if he has deleted the game but didn't remove the gamecenter account, the record will stay on the leaderboard. if so, and he wishes to remove it, he has to download the app on that device again, and then delete it again and remove the gamecenter account this time. if for some reason, the old device is no longer available, chances aren't very good.

that's what i think anyway.

13. Ben Thumbs

Well I tried something like that recently and ended up with a worse mess.

I've got Badland on 5 devices, I play it on my iPhone5 and iPad2, my wife plays it on her iPhone5 and my kids play it on both our old iPhone4s. To try and clean up my multiple account mess I recently deleted the game from my wife's iPhone5 and then reinstalled it. All that did was delete ALL of her game progress, but her Game Center stats were reinstalled (自分 means ME) and I'm sure I pressed delete Game Center data when I deleted the game. Now my wife is pissed that she has to start the game from scratch again. :o

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'd send Frogmind a request to delete the extra synced accounts but having no idea how they all got so mixed up in the first place, chances are it'd just happen again anyway...

14. n0phun

Time to find out what to do in these cases, as Kullua seems to have an army too. In addition to Caroline Merritt 70 there are two "new" players in the top ten, Kaalai 70 and Qavavau, both with the same clone count as Caroline in Total and both Days. Both came up in the last hours. This sends Wheat back to #7, grandmort is out of first ten and my hopes ever to get there even in Day 1 dwindle.

15. Wheat1328

Agh! Lunartic, work your magic with Frogmind. :D

16. Ben Thumbs

I only swapped a couple of emails with them, it's not like I can pick up the bat phone. :lol:

17. Wheat1328

:lol: :lol: :lol:

18. ogster

ogster Elite Member

well, kaalai70 and qavavau have upped their game and tied with kullua. could kullua's account just might have been hacked? or gamecenter? i'm willing to believe kullua might not be behind it. he did, after all, post his scores. that suggests to me some form of sincere gamesmanship. but what do i know? would be nice to hear from kullua him/herself though.

whatever the case, and silly as it is, it's still a let down.

19. n0phun

It sure is. But why hacking and not YAUWALOD (yet another user with a lot of devices)? In the meantime Caroline... was synced too, and now Kullua leads again, the other three left behind having the same score.

20. Wheat1328

Looks like Frogmind cleaned up the leaderboards a bit. :D

grandmort's wife's account is still in there (Qu3en) as well as all of Lunartic's accounts. Apparently you just have to get into the top 5 then sync all your accounts and then Frogmind will take them off. :lol:

It's really nice to have a developer that cares and take the time to stay on top of the leaderboard for their game though! Great job Frogmind!!