Random Badland Chit Chat.

Discussion in 'GENERAL DISCUSSION' started by Ben Thumbs, Nov 17, 2013.

1. ogster

ogster Elite Member

have been playing on the ipad mini for a few days now. i'm happy to make some progress.

i'm quite impressed how far ahead kullua has gotten. and i'm eager to give things a good go. the past few days though, make it obvious that there'll be plenty of frustrating times ahead. i'll be really happy to come within 15 points. i have conceded that matching his score is perhaps out of my reach. read: clonespikes.

playing on the mini has proven to be a joy. I find it easier to play on the mini and therefore have better chances to improve clonecounts for one reason alone... i can simply see things better. and by that, it offers less stress. so i use more energy trying to save more clones and less trying not to make mistakes. if that makes any sense

cheers, all.

ps.

okay, two reasons... a better processor. game reacts better to touch control and doesn't stall. i'm surely going to miss my ipod touch.

2. ogster

ogster Elite Member

oops. sorry about beecab. that's my ipod. switched to the mini and deleted the game on the ipod with no gamecenter problem. idiot me, wanted to make sure, downloaded the game again on the ipod, then boom! didn't think it would keep the scores. i didn't restore from backup so i'm surprised that it got the old scores when i downloaded the game. hmmm. what to do, what to do?

3. Wheat1328

Wheat1328 Ultimate Survivor Moderator

You can send Frogmind a message telling them what happened and they'll remove it.

4. n0phun

n0phun Master of Disaster Moderator

Full name of the account is "beecap1968" and you want this account to be removed permanently from the leaderboards?

I suggest starting a new topic "Leaderboard corrections" and list all accounts to be removed there, then pointing frogmind to it. Easier for them to find the topic there, instead of reading through all of the chit chat here or emails everytime anyone of us gets access to another device >:). For now removal of known duplicate accounts would let someone behind #34 at least jump four numbers up.

We'll have to ask Grandmort and Lunartic if the accounts can be blocked permanently.

Apart from ogster's new account there are those from grandmort and lunartic. In all known cases from board members. Let's see how I mess up if I ever get a less laggy device.

5. ogster

ogster Elite Member

yes, i want beecab1968 blocked permanently. i'm not sure though if frogmind can block it permanently from gamecenter. if a device has the game on it, won't it just keep registering its account name along with its default score on gamecenter? better remove the game from the device first and pinky promise to never download it again on the device.

go get a less laggy device, n0phun!

6. Ben Thumbs

Ben Thumbs Clone Master Moderator

Yeah, that's the concern that I raised previously. i.e. I'd hate for FROGMIND to go to the trouble of removing my extra account, only for it to immediately show up again. And my kids, wife and I enjoy playing on our multiple devices at various times, so deleting the game is not an option...

7. Wheat1328

Got passed again on the leaderboards. :cry:

Maybe it's time to start back up on clone saving...

8. Wheat1328

Woah, Look out! Kullua and Ogster are going nuts!

Looks like that new mini is really helping ogster! To bad you didn't get in on the Clonespikes glitch otherwise you guys would be tied.

9. n0phun

n0phun Master of Disaster Moderator

So let's just ask them what exactly they can do and what not. I understood Kullua's mail exchange with Frogmind so that they were able just to block the 3 accounts from access to the leaderboards. Permanently.

"beecab1968" is already gone (how?), now it's just "< Qu3en >" (from grandmort) and your accounts. I thought it were 3 more than "Lunartic.", but can only find two:
    "Lunartic Gamer", 2.175 clones; "Noodlecake' Forums", 2.112 clones. "Lunartic Gamer" is 18 clones ahead of "Lunartic." at Day I, so there might be some loss, provided it is not possible to sync them first. But I think it is. Let us just ask.

10. ogster

ogster Elite Member

i couldn't help myself. had to look at glow again. came up with a 45. got an extra clone in clonespikes too couple days ago for a 77.

yeah, the new mini is great! starting to see more possibilities with the bigger screen. i notice things more and thus find more ideas. but i'm not sure if i can keep it up much longer.

11. ogster

ogster Elite Member

i emailed frogmind about it. i also reported the account to gamecenter. i don't know who took the name down from the leaderboard. whoever it was, i thank them. deleted the game too from the old device permanently.

12. Ben Thumbs

Some bastard ripped a heap of my SSG2 walkthrough content from my Noodlecake site and packaged it up with some other stuff into a for profit app. :evil:

I've just sent a DMCA claim through to Apple about it. Hopefully the same thing doesn't happen here!

13. Wheat1328

Wow, that really sucks. Hopefully Apple will do something. Question: If the app maker would have asked to use some of your content, how would you have proceeded?

I doubt there's enough content to make a paid app out of mine though. :? And PG Guide already did one - which actually makes up a portion of mine. Ha. But we got permission to do that....

14. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

Ouch! I hope the same won't be happening to me as well. I have made 2 free, complete and comprehensive guides which are now on 2 well-known game help websites (GameFAQs and Neoseeker). The effort I put in to make them was immerse, and I'm sure that's why you are also agonized too when that douchebag copied it.

I really hope that that douchebag who did it will pay the full price. And that offending app removed too.

15. Ben Thumbs

I'd never agree to any of the stuff I've done being used to chase a profit, unless it was the developers themselves who wanted to use some stuff. The worst part is that the app is complete rubbish (besides my walkthroughs of course) and basically just contains badly translated English of useless nonsense and a few stupid replays.

One example from the TIPS button:
    "To win in Multiplayer mode, you should be fastest person to finish a hole"

Oh really?! Wow that's incredibly helpful...

Basically the app is just a big scam which makes me even angrier. If it was a free app that had ripped my stuff but it was set out intelligently and wasn't a splash of gold in a pile of turds, maybe just maybe I'd forgive them not asking permission. As it is now I've done everything I can think of to get the app removed and have asked the devs to look into from their end also, as it's only a matter of time before a few people start paying for it and the end up furious and complaining to the devs about it.

Sorry for the ugly blurb I jacked into the main page, but this had me really fired up today. If you can think of a better way to display something similar that's clearly visible to any site visitors, I'd appreciate your suggestions.

Hopefully Apple steps up to the plate and gets onto it appropriately ASAP.

16. Ben Thumbs

Oh and it's just as well that I had all of my Walkthrough screenshots watermarked with the site link,otherwise they'd of probably ended up being patched in also. Amazes me that people have the nerve to try that sort of stuff on.

17. Wheat1328

Wow, you guys are nut-so!! (Kullua & ogster) :shock: Someone's going to end up with 2700. I tried for a while last night and got nowhere fast. I think I'll just try and hold on to the #5 spot. Pretty sure I'll never get back to #4, let alone #3!!

18. ogster

ogster Elite Member

yeah, things are crazy. i'm happy and actually quite surprised with my recent progress. i was just trying to keep up with kullua, and now 2700 doesn't look as distant a possibility as two weeks ago. the guy just won't stop! and with new level records here and there, it gets really hard to put the game down.

don't give up, wheat. you'll get out of that scoring rut soon enough.

19. Kullua

Kullua Active Member

Og, it's all yours for a while. Hurt my playing thumb. Need to break for a month or 2. You should be able to pass me now. I catch up to you all later. It was a good run!!!

20. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

Put your device on your table and play using your index finger, Kullua! :lol: