Random Badland Chit Chat.

Discussion in 'GENERAL DISCUSSION' started by Ben Thumbs, Nov 17, 2013.

1. ogster

ogster Elite Member

now where's the fun in that? but really, you're leaving with a good sized lead. and the next few points don't look easy. so it might take longer than i would want. and when you return, i doubt there'll be a lot of catching up to do.

sorry about your thumb.

2. ogster

ogster Elite Member

b16daz is breaking records like it's child-play! a 93 on react and a whopping 57 on falling! i was really hoping to not have to play those levels again! i'm half relieved though to know there are big gains still to be made. i hope to get to 2700 soon so i can give this awesome game a good send-off. i have a funny feeling b16daz might get there first.

cheers, all.

3. n0phun

n0phun Master of Disaster Moderator

No, you have only 9 to go, and from your gameplay since you got the new device I'd say that you'll make it to the end of next week, at least. You, Kullua and the abolutely unknown B16DAZ scored quicker than I the last weeks, even though it should be far easier 300 clones behind the top players.

I'm kind of happy that you have to play falling again ;-), as I'd like very much to see a decent video of it. I had 20+ through the wildly swinging stickies once or twice, but got them killed afterwards. So I knew 50+ was possible, hoped to be the first. But I can't get more than a few through this point often and want to compare how others do that.

You really want to stop when you reached 2700? There's work to do in Day 1, still. ;-)

Cheers!

4. ogster

ogster Elite Member

these last few clones to reach 2700 i find really difficult to save. thanks for the vote of confidence though. it might take longer than i would want but i will give it a hard go. and with news of new levels coming soon, i'm hoping to get to 2700 before they arrive. so i guess there's no quitting the game yet. which is both great news and somewhat a scary development.

i gave falling a few tries and am finding it hard to beat my record, let alone come close to b16daz's. and yeah sure, i'll post a video if i get lucky on a run.

5. n0phun

5 to go... And Kullua is back (hi!, don't hurt your thumb again) and was quick to reach you. Next week will be interesting, hope to see some of the other players back, too. Grandmort, Matt, Vicvic etc.
    Yes, new levels are somewhat scary for me. Hoped faintly to reach 2500 before, no chance for that now. Why new levels when the old ones aren't properly squeezed yet? ;-)
    Anyway, two missions finally done and a one try today, some of the top ten reached, a good day.

6. n0phun

Seems you've done it just in time. Last time I looked you had 2699 and Kullua 2698. Now you're no longer visible in Total clones saved, had to add D1 and D2.

Congrats! Really a great job, incredible.

7. Wheat1328

Wheat1328 Ultimate Survivor Moderator

Congrats ogster on 2700!!!! :clap: :shock: :clap: :wtf: :clap: :crazy: :clap:
    That's crazy!!!! Nice job!!

8. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

What happened to the leaderboards?

Where is Ogster and who the heck is Caroline Merritt 70? How she suddenly appeared on top like this?

9. ogster

ogster Elite Member

thanks, peeps. wasn't easy but i managed. slowly crept to 2699 with falling, one extra clone at a time. will post a video if i break 50 there. still at 49. was really getting frustrated so i tried eclipse instead. didn't think i'd find it there either but i got lucky and stumbled upon a strategy. got 4 extra clones! so i would thank b16daz and kullua for their new finds. it would have taken forever without those.

i suspect caroline merritt may be a beta tester. i've seen her name before but i don't remember where and why.

cheers, all.

10. n0phun

It's one of Kullua's accounts, he had it once removed by frogmind and posted that here. And yeah, I had to search for the name, at least I knew where. Damn aging. OTOH I'ver never been good in remembering names.

Eclipse sounds interesting. And if you increased Falling clone by clone you must have brought enough through the swinging stickies very often. Every video of that would be welcome, 50+ or 40+. ;-)

11. ogster

ogster Elite Member

i suddenly have 7 skipped levels when i used to have none. hmmm. what gives?

12. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

Inside the game or ir game center? Cause if it's on game center don't worry, it's all a mess, but if it's inside the game that's weird. :|

13. Kullua

Kullua Active Member

Was hoping to join you folks on the update, however the update crashed my iPad 1 and I may lose my 2699 score. If that happens, it was fun playing! Otherwise i will wait until the next update to see if they fix the iPad 1 problem?

14. Ben Thumbs

Ben Thumbs Clone Master Moderator

Sorry to hear that but I doubt you'll lose your progress, as if you've ever used iCloud it's almost impossible to start a game again from scratch. ;)

15. Kullua

Kullua Active Member

I will try to remember to give tips on how to get higher than 32 on Lazers and more than 2 on Oblivion. Posts to come. iPad 1 does not have video share, I will have to explain the hard way.

16. Ben Thumbs

Ben Thumbs Clone Master Moderator

I added in images for all the new DOOMSDAY levels and I think that will be the extent to my contribution for the thread set up. :lol:

A couple of them were impossible to get a screenshot of without having sucked up a powerup which was a little annoying.

I'm looking forward to seeing some 1 attempt replays. :shock:

17. Wheat1328

Thanks Lunartic! I'll get the missions up soon. Trying to complete them right now. :|

18. Wheat1328

I was thinking about updating the spreadsheet by moving all the active players to the left and and all inactive players to the right. This might make it easier for the guys on the end, not having to scroll all the way over every time. It'll also group all the best numbers together making it easier to look at.

Let me know what you guys think. I don't want to change anything if you like where you're at now. ;)

19. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

I think that is a good idea, but it's up to you guys, who made this awesome forum and are very well organized!

20. Wheat1328

Well I just went ahead and did it. Pretty much organized by clone counts, except for some inactive players.

I'll tentatively plan on updating like this at the end of each month (since today's the end of April) if there's a big change. I think we need to give it a month or 2 and let Doomsday sort itself out.

P.S. It's kinda weird not being in the first column. :? :lol:

EDIT: I went through and updated the "grey" cells as well. Everything should be current now.