Random Badland Chit Chat.

Discussion in 'GENERAL DISCUSSION' started by Ben Thumbs, Nov 17, 2013.

1. ogster

ogster Elite Member

thanks, zach. there are a few older levels that are still on my mind, lepuzz, react and falling. i might try a little more to save extra clones there. although react is not really that appealing. too much effort to just make a decent run. someday, maybe.

doomsday is chico's, and might stay so for a long time. i'm just looking to get a few more on evil before i give it a rest.

if frogmind comes up with another set, it's either they're too nice or too cruel. i'm not sure anymore.

2. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

Well, i'm not sure for how long cause you're really close. (And I hope you don't mind me changing your clones on time for you)

And whats up with Kullua? Now he is also Caroline Merrit 70, AND Kaalai 70, AND Qavavau.... he is taking over the leaderboards :lol:

3. Wheat1328

Wheat1328 Ultimate Survivor Moderator

I'm about 1 more shitty play session away from being done with this game. I don't think I'll get to 3000. Honestly, I don't even feel like trying anymore.

4. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

I remember you said something like this about the 2500, and then you got it. Just keep playing and you will get there in no time. 9 clones away? Well, you are pratically there already. ;)

5. Wheat1328

Yeah, yeah, yeah. I know. Sometimes I just need to freak out. ;)

6. Ben Thumbs

Ben Thumbs Clone Master Moderator

Sounds like you need to go and take out some frustration on the SSG2 courses! :lol:

7. Wheat1328

I'm still nervous to open that. :lol:

It's on my phone but I'm not sure I want to go down that rabbit hole quite yet. :lol:

8. Ben Thumbs

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I love that you guys are reluctant to check it out because it might be too good! :crazy:

:lol:

9. Wheat1328

Alright good point. I tried it out. Pretty awesome! I'll definitely be playing it more! Probably won't play it as hardcore as I have with BADLAND but time will tell I guess

10. ogster

ogster Elite Member

i have a strange feeling i shouldn't have downloaded ssg2.

11. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

Lol, yeah, it is very adicting, can't wait to play online multiplayer with you guys.

And do anyone knows why the leaderboards have 3 Kullua accounts? It's so frustating being 6th in the world when actually being 3th.

12. Wheat1328

It's happened before. I think Kullua let them know and they removed them - I don't remember exactly but they'll likely be removed at some point.

13. ogster

ogster Elite Member

but this time is different. they're showing different scores. others might be playing on those accounts. either they got a free ride to the top 10 or kullua is having an identity crisis again. oh well, hope it gets sorted out.

14. Hj326

Hj326 Hypercloner

I had a similar issue before doomsday where I showed up as both 167 and 168 on the missions board. The leaderboards have always tended to be glitchy for me.

15. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

New Update Avaible!!!

The Clonetron is fixed! And there's a new mode called COOP that i still didn't understand what it is... kind of scary to do everything again actually, lol.

But the Clonetron Hidden Achievement it's not hit nothing apparently, cause i did it and.... :(

16. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

Basically is going throught day 1 and 2 with a friend, i wish it could be online though, i don't exactly love multiplayer on the same screen... but i guess i will have to find a good partner now.

17. Ben Thumbs

OH COOL! That came out of the blue. :mrgreen:

You could always challenge yourself to fly both clones and complete all the levels yourself like I did with all the standard muliplayer levels. That's what I'll be doing here with all this new coop stuff. :lol:

18. Flamingjazz

Flamingjazz Hardcore Gamer Moderator

Ok, so I'm kinda new to saving insane amounts of clones, as I've said.
    I'm only at 1800 ish (I will get my clones into the spreadsheet...)
    I've got quite a bit to do to even come close to some of you "clone experts", but really?

This question is for any of the best:
    How much time out of your day-to-day schedule to do this and is there a point when you decide you're done or am I just not at the level of "addiction" you are?

Me, I play when I'm not at work or at home working around the house. I'm what you call a casual gamer, but a really, really dedicated one.
    I just sit and look at some of your insane scores and I've got to ask. :geek: ;) ;) ;)

19. Wheat1328

Haha. Well there's a big gap between me and the guys above me and I don't know how they manage the scores they've gotten. I'd call myself casual as well. I play on my down time. If I average it out it's less than a half hour per day since I started playing, but that's with some big breaks in there too. It mainly started because I wanted to get all the achievements and getting 2500 was very difficult before doomsday came out. I think only 5 people achieved that before doomsday.

Honestly it was fun and challenging and it killed some time so I kept going. I'm so close to 3000 but it's becoming insanely tough for me. Not sure if I'll get there. I've taken a break from it the last couple weeks and have been playing some SSG2.

As far as deciding when to quit... Once the challenge and fun started feeling like work. There's also times I just realize I'm not at ogster skill level no matter how long I play so I just move on to the next level. I've spent hours trying to match other scores on particular levels and I just flat out couldn't do it.

20. ogster

ogster Elite Member

it took me loads and loads of grinding to get those scores. the spreadsheet was a huge factor. as soon as i saw other peoples's scores too, i tried to figure out ways to match them. sometimes i discover new ways of saving more clones and get lucky. as far as the hours is concerned, i'm over a month now of playing time! 2 hours a day was a slow day for me as i have a lot of free time with my work and all. this forum helped a lot too. there's no shortage of friendly and skilled gamers here.

for tips... it's mostly in the power-ups. most of them can be avoided. some harder than others. you want to find out how collectively picking up and/or avoiding which ones make a difference in a level's end strategy. and how you approach these power-ups is a game in itself. they all add up. so there's plenty of possibilities. all crazy.