Oblivion

Discussion in 'DAY II' started by Ben Thumbs, Nov 19, 2013.

1. Ben Thumbs

Ben Thumbs Clone Master Moderator

[​IMG]

OBLIVION

Missions

[​IMG]

Clones Saved

Add your own Clone Counts into the Clone Saving Spreadsheet >>HERE<<

Playthrough

Note: This is just a simple "Survive with one try" playthrough to show off this level here in the Badlands Forum.

2. Ben Thumbs

Oh man, how cool is the ending of BADLAND DAY - II: NIGHT - OBLIVION.

[​IMG]

WOW!

3. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

That was awesome. And look at the rabbit's reflection. I also loved how earlier, a laser destroys a rope that's in your way, but also snaps the rope in the background which is holding up a rabbit (my avatar).

4. Gonnet

Gonnet New Member Beta tester

The ending is just awesome

5. Wheat1328

Wheat1328 Ultimate Survivor Moderator

Welcome to the site Gonnet! :D

I just played the ending for the first time about an hour ago. I agree, it was awesome!!

6. Gonnet

Gonnet New Member Beta tester

Thanks! Now im trying to upload an avatar image directly from my iPad that fíts the máximum pixels restrictions but i cant :cry:

7. Wheat1328

Surviving this in one try is going to be brutal.... It's the last 1-try and mission I need.

8. Wheat1328

Anyone else notice the rabbit get cut down??? Pretty awesome! Check the video above at the 4:25 mark.

9. Wheat1328

Someone said this was too open and not as hard as they had hoped (grandmort maybe?). Anyway, all I have to say to that is "you shut your mouth when you talking about Oblivion". Seriously, this is stupid hard. Surviving in 1 try AND saving 2 clones (not at once though, thank goodness)!!! Good luck... I just spent about 3 hrs and got absolutely nowhere. :x

10 Internet points to name the reference :D

10. Ben Thumbs

Yeah Matt33 made reference to this a few days back. It's very cool (in a horrifying sort of way :lol: ).

11. Ben Thumbs

I think the point was that surprisingly BADLAND DAY II: NIGHT - OBLIVION is a much easier ending than BADLAND DAY I: NIGHT - FINAL FRONTIER. I agree with that and was also surprised about it when I first played through it (although I'm yet to attempt to do it in one try).

12. grandmort

grandmort Elite Member Moderator

Yep, that was me, lol, I'll shut my mouth now :lol: (Wedding Crashers is it, I cheated, I googled it!)

Lunartic says it just perfectly, "surprisingly BADLAND DAY II: NIGHT - OBLIVION is a much easier ending than BADLAND DAY I: NIGHT - FINAL FRONTEIR"
    Note: Lunartic does not know how to spell FRONTIER, that's twice now! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyhow, I almost got my 2 clones through on first try, the level is really not that hard, I remember spending days on Final FRONTIER to get things right. I just don't care that much for OBLIVION, don't get me wrong, it's not bad or anything, just not "great" (save for the epic ending!)

13. Ben Thumbs

:lol: Classic, that's me and my sausage fingers on my iPad rushing to post stuff between teaching lessons. English Lessons! :o :oops: :lol:
    Not doing the keyword search much good is it!

14. Wheat1328

Almost only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades. I've almost gotten 2 many times. Actually doing it still eludes me. :lol:

I agree the "parts" aren't hard, but putting an entire 1-try run together is (for me) extremely frustrating.

15. grandmort

True, true, watch it, because I said almost I probably will never pass it with 2 clones now! :lol:

16. Wheat1328

I just figured out a couple "tricks" to make my 1-try run go less problematic. Hopefully by the end of the day I can finally get this one!

17. Wheat1328

YEEEESSSSSS!!!!!!
    :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

240 missions... check
    80 levels 1-try... check

FINALLY!!!

I literally had to pause the game for about 10 minutes and calm down before hitting the last button to go through the saws!

I'm uploading to Everplay now so you all can steal my hours of trial-and-error in a matter of 6 minutes :lol:
    Just kidding, I'm more than happy to help out!!! ;)

Good luck to everyone with this one!!

18. grandmort

Congrats!

You illuminated me on 2 things I didn't think about: pushing that early laser arm all the way down, and avoiding the button to the mine sending you back down and crossing a laser. I loved how you casually ignored it and went on.

So, see, not nearly as brutal as FINAL FRONTIER... I did try passing 2 clones last night and failed over and over again, just because I said it wouldn't be that hard :lol:

19. Wheat1328

Yeah. Those two things are what I was referring to up above.

Also, are we sure that saving 2 clones is the other hidden achievement?

20. grandmort

I'm confused now... And then this guy "4:26 hidden achievement: handle this passage without hurt the bunny :)"

That would be cool, but... :?: :?: :?:

Anyone?