Oblivion

Discussion in 'DAY II' started by Ben Thumbs, Nov 19, 2013.

1. grandmort

grandmort Elite Member Moderator

I passed my 2 clones and one died in the saws... :lol:

Never noticed this, there is a reflection of the hanging rabbit in the upper center part of the giant RED EYE, really tiny.

Also, when you pass small, you regain you default size right after the saws.

2. Ben Thumbs

Ben Thumbs Clone Master Moderator

I just got through with 3 clones in a SAVE WITH ONE TRY attempt and lost all 3 of them in the saws at the end. :cry:
    I take back what I said about OBLIVION being easier than FINAL FRONTIER :!:
    Those saws at the end are diabolical and have broken my heart countless times already...

3. Ben Thumbs

You know I wouldn't be at all surprised if Matt33 or ogster end up with 5 or 6 clones saved here for OBLIVION.

I'm sure by now they've both found the tricks to getting through both twin lasers (the horizontal moving twins and the spinning twins) to the end cannons slower and smaller than the level is designed for. ;)

After that they'd just need a little luck to get through the cannons, a bit more luck to get a nice set up for the last time stop section and then with a tight group of clones, nerves of steel and a deft touch to get through the last saws - BINGO!

4. Wheat1328

Wheat1328 Ultimate Survivor Moderator

That's exactly why I asked. I couldn't remember how/who/where it was determined that 2 clones on Oblivion was the hidden achievement. I'll work on 2 on Final Frontier for now.

5. Ben Thumbs

I've gotten to the saws with between 2-4 clones over a dozen times now, but still can't get more than 1 through the saws.

The good news is that I can now arrive at the saws super small and super slow almost every time, so it's only a matter of persistence and I'll get the 2+ clones here for OBLIVION.

[​IMG]

6. Wheat1328

Nice! I've figured that out as well. I've pushed the button maybe 5 times with 2 clones and always lose 1 (a couple times both). I've even pushed the button on two different occasions with 2 normal sized clones (talk about a challenge getting those through the frozen time section!) and that ends much worse. It's a guarantee that one will die if they are regular sized.

7. grandmort

Okay, 2 on OBLIVION done!!!

There is NO ACHIEVEMENT for it guys, I repeat, NO ACHIEVEMENT! :cry: (The rabbit hanging thing with the rope might be true then.)

Link for replay of an almost perfect run below. This could have been my "survive with one try," it would have been nice to bag these two things together but it wasn't meant to be. (Speaking of, that part where I die, I can't really be consistent here and I'm not sure why. It's driving me crazy because I have everything else under control, any hints?).

https://everyplay.com/videos/1595519

8. grandmort

Oops, my bad, IT IS AN ACHIEVEMENT!
    DOUBLE TROUBLE, but it's buggy, like TWINS it doesn't have a full completed pie in the achievements list.

9. Wheat1328

Thanks grandmort!!!! Though I'm kinda dreading this... ;)

10. grandmort

Fly high and let them drop to the flow between the saws, it's easier this way than trying to control them leveled from the starting point.

11. Wheat1328

That part was always 50/50 for me. I don't have any advice. I didn't even realize you could wait and the cannon would stop - I always just went through with the bombs. :lol:

Thanks!

Wow, I just watched it. That's probably the best way but that's going to take some balls to get the front clone up and back down before that first saw. You cut it pretty close there.

EDIT: Try #1:Fail...

12. grandmort

Maybe going with the bombs is the way :lol: (no actually, they always jinx me!)

Well, you really don't have much time to think about it, you just go a notch up as you grab the power-ups and usually that takes care of it, of course dropping down immediately right after that too. :lol:
    I pass unharmed with one clone 9 times out of 10 here, I find it pretty easy (but I'm NOT saying passing with 3 will be :lol: )

13. Wheat1328

Yeah. I'm the same way. At least 9 out of 10 with one clone. The worst thing about the whole achievement is having to replay the WHOLE level if you fail. Which is all I can seem to do right now... The last two times the cannons at the end have done me in. Talk about frustrating. Play the whole level and I don't even get a chance to save two because of those cannons! :x

14. ogster

ogster Elite Member

matt33, definitely. i wouldn't bet on me just yet. i have yet to save 2. but yes, i can see how it can be done. i've managed to bring 7 or so little ones just about to where you freeze time the last time, but the mini bombs just blow them out of the screen. i thought i'd carry at least 2 to the saws, which i've done only once.

15. grandmort

I've managed 5, but indeed the bombs just blew them away to the left :oops:
    3 should be fairly doable, 4 and above, very difficult. We'll see who can manage.

16. Ben Thumbs

BADLAND DAY II: NIGHT - OBLIVION

This level HATES ME!

Here's proof!.....

17. Wheat1328

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    That is funny!! But that really really sucks! I hope that wasn't your 1-try run! :shock:

18. Ben Thumbs

Nah I did the 1 try early yesterday.
    That's not the first time that's happened to me either...
    This level is sending me crazy.
    - I've killed 4 clones in the saws twice.
    - I've killed 3 clones in the saws about 6 times.
    - I've gotten to the freeze time part a few time with 3 clones and there's been NO available path!
    - I almost always get to the triple cannons with between 6-8 clones, only for all but 1 to get blown up.

Saving 3 clones here is definately doable, 4 clones is possible and with some luck surviving the cannons and navigating through the time freeze +4 could be done.

After spending hours here chasing a 3 clone finish, I've resigned myself to settling for a very unsatisfying and paltry 2.
    But since doing so I can't even get to the saws with 2 thanks to crap like in that replay (and my own frustrations).

Time for a break I think!

19. Ben Thumbs

BADLAND DAY II: NIGHT - OBLIVION

This level HATES ME! Part 2...

[​IMG]

This happens every now and then also where I get to the cannons and am faced with a massive horizontal laser that just sits there and gobbles up my clones and seems programmed to stop when there's only 1 clone remaining.

20. Wheat1328

Wow, neither of those things have ever happened to me. And I made ALOT of passes! I think you're right, this level is out to get you! :lol: