Oblivion

Discussion in 'DAY II' started by Ben Thumbs, Nov 19, 2013.

1. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

I've had that flying dislodged laser happen to me twice, but never the horizontal laser, that sucks!

My biggest issue with this level is getting a decent amount of clones past the cannons, the most I've managed is 4 but screwed up that run in the saws. I've currently got a 3 but want 4 or 5.

UPDATE: cool photo!
    [​IMG]

I'm happy with that for now, but I can't help wanting 5 or 6 before I'm done with this level :lol:

2. Ben Thumbs

Ben Thumbs Clone Master Moderator

Awesome shot and well done Matt33!
    Grandmort, you should ask Matt33 to email you a high res shot and update the banner. :D

It's so frustrating to know what to do here in OBLIVION, to do it flawlessly up until the point that randomness, or carelessness takes it all away in the last 20 seconds of a ~6.5minute level run.

As for me and my quest to at least nail a pathetic 2, well lets just say that I'm getting desperate! :lol:

BADLAND DAY II: NIGHT - OBLIVION

This level HATES ME! Part 3: DESPERATION!

FAILED......................

3. Wheat1328

Wheat1328 Ultimate Survivor Moderator

Wow. Nice job Matt33!!! I got my 2 here and I'm out. That was bad enough!

4. grandmort

grandmort Elite Member Moderator

Sometimes you make me feel depressed... :cry: :cry: :cry: :lol: :lol: :lol:

5. grandmort

BTW, I think we can all agree now that this was indeed easier than FINAL FRONTIER.
    I mean, I (we) got the DOUBLE TROUBLE achievement really quickly and I personally put 2 night sessions of work toward surviving OBLIVION in one try and got it last night. It took me probably at least a month, playing a bit EVERY NIGHT, to pass FINAL FRONTIER in one try - I'm not kidding!

6. Wheat1328

I'd say for the 1-try: Final Frontier > Oblivion
    There was a point I didn't think I would get it on Final Frontier. Haha

For the achievements: Oblivion > Final Frontier
    I got Twins in less than 10 tries. Double Trouble (mainly due to the random events occurring and having to replay the whole level if something went wrong) was much more difficult and time consuming for me. Neither were as bad as the 1-tries though.

7. JohnnyHydro

JohnnyHydro Member

Finally nailed oblivion all challenges/one try. Boy that was definitely a challenge. For me, I can't just get all missions done separate I have to get all challenges done in one try. That's where the challenege is for me. I'm not quite sure how to link the replay here but it's on everyplay. User name is johnnyhydro. The video name is "badland - day 2 - night - oblivion (all challenges/one try)" give it a look if you have time. :). Now it's on to eclipse....god help me.

8. grandmort

You know, I have to say it is very impressive you are able to do that JohnnyHydro and I bow to you sir.
    I can totally agree it is a "real challenge" indeed and I know I just couldn't have enough concentration to do it all in one run, my reflexes are not what they used to be :lol:

9. JohnnyHydro

JohnnyHydro Member

Haha. It is a very frustrating task and many times made me want to throw my iPhone 5 in disgust but it's totally worth it in the end when I finally nail it. :).

For me factory was definitely the hardest one. To save ten clones and explode all mines in one try was darn near impossible but when I finally got it it was seriously a huge feeling of accomplishment.

10. Wheat1328

Wow. :shock: I didn't really understand the "mission master" thing but I get it now! That's really impressive!! I would never have the patience to do that just because. Kudos!!!

11. JohnnyHydro

JohnnyHydro Member

Lol. Right on. All of my replays are of me getting all challenges done in one try (except for the missions that have save x number of clones and survive without cloning in the same level as those are impossible to do in one try and must be separate.) so if you want you can follow me on everyplay and check some of them out :). I'll be sure to follow back. Every level is up (except eclipse) including final frontier. (I saw you guys talking about that one. It was a toughie.) That one was actually pretty simple to do compared to eclipse. That level is giving me a lot of probs but I'll get it. I won't stop until I do. I'll be damned if I can one try/all challenge every level except for one. ;)

12. Twitch_Cattz

Twitch_Cattz Member

The last 3 missions I need, but really only two isn't it.. survive with one try, and collect all powerups. Hopefully this doesn't take me as long as Final Frontier did.

13. Twitch_Cattz

Twitch_Cattz Member

I Continuously die on the part where the air blows you in a zigzag past some sawblades... it just blows me right into the blades
    Also I beat it with 2 tries...and the place I died was the dumbest possible place XD.

14. Ben Thumbs

Trying going up slightly just after you enter the portal, then release and let the blowers do all the work. That works for me 90% of the time.

15. Wheat1328

I think most people struggled with that portion. It seems very inconsistent. I found going through with the bombs worked better for me. I have a play through on everyplay if you want to see what I mean.

Edit: I see Lunartic chimed in the same time I did. His way sounds better than mine. Ha.

16. Ben Thumbs

I found that grandmort's way of waiting for the bombs to run out helps also.

17. Twitch_Cattz

Twitch_Cattz Member

OK now I am getting thru there by waiting for the bombs to run out semi OK, but so far every time I have gottain to those two lasers that you fly between I am flying to slowly, should I be skipping one of the slow down powerups? >.<
    Ima watch a vid, lol...

OK, I looked at the vid on the forum here, and yeah, looks like you have to miss one slow down, this level is evil with its tricks.

18. Ben Thumbs

19. Twitch_Cattz

Twitch_Cattz Member

20. Wheat1328

Nice job!!! :thumbup:

Now the real fun can begin! ;)