Eclipse

Discussion in 'DAY II' started by Ben Thumbs, Nov 19, 2013.

1. Ben Thumbs

Ben Thumbs Clone Master Moderator

[​IMG]

ECLIPSE

Missions

[​IMG]

Clones Saved

Add your own Clone Counts into the Clone Saving Spreadsheet >>HERE<<

Playthrough

Note: This is just a simple "Survive with one try" playthrough to show off this level here in the Badlands Forum.

2. Wheat1328

Wheat1328 Ultimate Survivor Moderator

I just beat this in 1 try and didn't get the mission egg or get it counted in my stats. :x

Anyone else experience this?

EDIT: Just got it, so nevermind. Must have just glitched?

3. Wheat1328

AAAGGGHHH!!! :x

I can't freaking save 10 clones! No matter how many I get to the end I loose all but 9 of them... :x

EDIT: WooHoo! Got 16 of those buggers on the robot and only saved 10 of them. That final part where time is stopped kills me.

4. JohnnyHydro

JohnnyHydro Member

Looks like it's finally going to happen. :(. I don't think I'm gonna be able to get all challenges in one try on this one. This level is absolutely insane. Makes me sad too. I've been able to one try/all challenge every level in the game so far. I just don't see it happening with this one. I can't even get close to saving two clones for crying out loud let alone ten, plus there's a few mines that are insanely hard to explode without dying. Oblivion I think I can get without too much hassle but this one...:(

5. Wheat1328

If you can get Final Frontier and Oblivion, you can get this. Just stay small and don't bypass any speed-ups or slow downs. Too fast is just annoying and too slow will cause the robot to "leave without you". I've landed 16 on the robot (lost a few thereafter). You can do it! ;)

6. grandmort

grandmort Elite Member Moderator

Yeah, but, hint, hint, while you don't want to go too slow, "slow-mo" works wonder.

7. Wheat1328

Right! Only the ones that speed/slow your clone. Not time. ;)

8. grandmort

:cool_02: Right, actually in slow-mo you have to at least bypass one slower or you won't make it. I believe I landed 17 as well but lost 2 (burnt or rolling of to the right). Ogster's 18 is amazing!

9. JohnnyHydro

JohnnyHydro Member

Anyone maybe have a video they can post on everyplay that shows them saving ten or more clones? Maybe a visual might help.

10. Wheat1328

Have you survived in 1 try yet? That might help. At least survive from the giant springs on. Zap everything but the spinner and small power-up. If you zap the small power-up or die somewhere you'll have to start over. And at the end when the screen shakes, that means the robot is leaving. Don't jack around straightening clones after that. You have to go. So get your group together before that - shouldn't be hard because you'll be very small. Does that help?

11. grandmort

Yes, but Wheat1328, you agree that you are not mentioning a crucial part, or am I missing something and you were able to achieve your impressive 16 like that?

12. Wheat1328

I've landed 16 on the robot like that. Saved 10. But yes, there is one more thing you can do that we made reference to above.

13. Twitch_Cattz

Twitch_Cattz Member

AHHH! I managed to save 10, exactly 10. luckily 10... lol
    Was attempting the mines as well, but one mine i hit went terribly wrong XD.
    Here's the everyplay :3
    - https://everyplay.com/videos/1699026

14. Ben Thumbs

Ben Thumbs Clone Master Moderator

Welcome aboard to the forums TC! :D
    Yeah I managed to get exactly 10 clones here for ECLIPSE also and I'm happy enough with that for the time being.

15. Wheat1328

Posted a video saving 19 - should have been 20 but one got out if line at the end and there was no saving him.

So the "secrets" out on this one. ;)

16. Twitch_Cattz

Twitch_Cattz Member

oooOo00ooO

I diddn't notice those time up things were fastened to that wall! Nicely done.

17. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

From the Spreadsheet:

18. ogster

ogster Elite Member

i saved 26 clones and i'm pretty sure more can be saved. i think even 30+ is possible here. sounds insane i know, but i think kullua knows what i'm talking about. i believe my approach is similar, if not the same as kullua's. i wouldn't have gone looking if he hadn't found it in the first place.

i changed max possible to 28+. my score stays black bowever.

cheers.

19. Kullua

Kullua Active Member

Tip on eclipse. Restart the first section where there are 2 gravity pieces after the rotating half circles. Re-run from that point until you can quickly raise your clone over the first one of them and get through with only one and your clone will float more. Carry the floating clone through, when you reach the point when there are the 2 sets of up and down spikes (elongated rectangles)get through the first set as normal. The second set is key to the big score. having missed the 1 gravity pieces earlier, carry your more floating clone with the 10 clones , after the first set of up and spikes, into the next up and down spikes. Try to bring as many of the 11 clones forward as possible. Lift up and down up and down and you will be amazed to see that 1 or both of the enlargers will roll away and you can get through will a smaller or significantly smaller clone through to the final section. That's where you can get 26 with 1 size smaller of possibly 30 with 2 sizes smaller.

20. Probably,but never had that experienced. :mrgreen: