Quadratic

Discussion in 'DAY II' started by Ben Thumbs, Nov 19, 2013.

1. Ben Thumbs

Ben Thumbs Clone Master Moderator

[​IMG]

QUADRATIC

Missions

[​IMG]

Clones Saved

Add your own Clone Counts into the Clone Saving Spreadsheet >>HERE<<

Playthrough

Note: This is just a simple "Survive with one try" playthrough to show off this level here in the Badlands Forum.

2. Wheat1328

Wheat1328 Ultimate Survivor Moderator

grandmort - I have no idea how you got 24 here... Wait... Yes I do... You iPad cheater. :lol:

Seriously though, that's impressive. No matter how many I get through at the end (I've had 8-9 go through the portal) I always end up with 21 or 22????

3. grandmort

grandmort Elite Member Moderator

I know!!! I can't replicate it, but I did get my 24 on the iPhone (!!!), I'm adressing such issues on a new Feedback thread in the main forum. ;)

4. Ben Thumbs

I like that feedback thread idea, but I think we should make the thread a general feedback thread and change it from a normal thread to a sticky thread. That way it's always up around the top of the thread lists and easy for Team Frogmind to find and peruse when they check in here.

5. grandmort

Sure, Feedback thread and sticky sounds great to me!

6. Wheat1328

The ending of this level is super unpredictable! I've found a way to "help" not get zapped - I've been able to only loose 2 clones - but it doesn't work every time. Sometimes I loose 2-3 and sometimes its 4-5 and I do the same thing?? Maybe it's totally based on how your clones are bunched up... I don't know? Frustrating that's for sure.

7. grandmort

Ooooh, you got 24 on QUADRATIC, good job!
    Yeah, I've tried a zillion approaches, you can "slow" the level, stay leveled, go up then down (for slight speed increased), nothing really works. My way to not get zapped so bad at the end also doesn't work all the times. Sometimes when I pick-up the 2 accelerators and stay low it works, sometimes I go immediately back up and leveled in the middle of the screen and it also works. Nothing really consistent. I seem to get higher scores if I don't try to "slow" the level (as with crashing in things, crash landing before picking up, etc.), if I try to go as fast and smooth as possible, it seems to give better end results. I think that's how I got my 24 on the day the levels where released because I was trying to do "good." :lol:

8. Wheat1328

Agreed! That's what I've determined as well.

9. n0phun

n0phun Master of Disaster Moderator

I've got my 25 on iPhone 4, but most times I end with 17-20. Second best was 22. Don't think there's much improvement possible, at least not on my phone. Cheers, n0phun

10. grandmort

I call 27 possible :shock:
    Nice to see you post n0phun, post more often, don't be so "clone shy" :lol:

11. Wheat1328

I'd be really interested to know what Matt33 pulled off here. 27 might be stretching it?

12. grandmort

He said he was at 26 I recall... He might have improved... He ALWAYS improves!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

13. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Still 26 here. Just want to make a 1 clone improvement on a different level before posting my scores. It's proving very difficult though.

14. grandmort

You ARE going to break 2,600, right?

15. Wheat1328

Yeah... Come on slacker! :lol:

16. Wheat1328

My 4yr old son survived Quadratic. :lol:

https://everyplay.com/videos/1653263

He's actually pretty good at Badland, but Day II night kicks his but just like it does the rest of us. :D

17. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Posted! There's a surprising score on there :)
    I'm really lacking on that damned Bits...

18. Wheat1328

Awesome! Thanks for posing that! Curious what your playtime is? Post at the bottom of the spreadsheet if you'd like! ;)

19. Wheat1328

This level requires zero skill. I just got 30 to the last set of lasers, got 22. Very next run I got 25 to the final lasers, got 22. Then 26,21. Then 28, 22. I'm done with this one. Not worth the hours for a LUCKY run. I freaking got 30 to the end and lost 8. And it was 30 as tight as you can get 30....should have taken a reply. Oh well.

20. Ben Thumbs

Yep, because the level is so short it's a real time sucker!

It seems you lose between 4 and 12 clones going through the final lasers and the difference between losing 4 or 12 seems to be completely random. As you said, I've been through with a tight pack and lost 10 and been through with a loose pack and only lost 4! :roll:

It's incredibly frustrating and whenever I spend a bit of time here I always end up walking away and feeling totally unsatisfied and more often than not really peeved off. :crazy: