Orbiting

Discussion in 'DAY II' started by Ben Thumbs, Nov 19, 2013.

1. Ben Thumbs

Ben Thumbs Clone Master Moderator

[​IMG]

ORBITING

Missions

[​IMG]

Clones Saved

Add your own Clone Counts into the Clone Saving Spreadsheet >>HERE<<

Playthrough

Note: This is just a simple "Survive with one try" playthrough to show off this level here in the Badlands Forum.

2. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Whaaaat! Can't believe I landed a 52.

3. Ben Thumbs

:wtf: Oh man.... I just had 3 decent cracks at ORBITING and the best I could manage was a 24. :wtf:
    :clap:

4. Ben Thumbs

Any tips for surviving through this storm of hell spawn, besides arriving a lot smaller?

[​IMG]

5. grandmort

grandmort Elite Member Moderator

I hate this part!

6. grandmort

Okay, my new nightmare level, I have 239 out of 240 missions (passed one-try OBLIVION tonight on iPhone 5) but this one I can even do two-tries!
    The hellspawn-space fish-whatever they are are driving me crazy!
    And then there is that teleporter with the lazer going in it, either you don't touch the teleporter and you might make it, or you rotate it gently, wait a bit and enter... And you might make it, depending how the game feels about you on that particular run. :oops: :oops: :oops:
    I love this level but I hate it! How you guys did this in one-try is, at the moment, beyond me.

7. grandmort

Also very annoying that when you restart at the last checkpoint one 10er is missing and so you have to replay the whole level to aim at 51 clones saved.

Somebody tries that level again please, and tell me if you feel the sensitivity of things have been changed in the last update. I'm thinking right at the beginning after the first saw, the "necklace" shaped object has now a liquified feel to it if you touch it, I did not notice that before. Then further up, the 2 lazer V platforms are super sensitive and will spin much faster than before (I think) and so they rotate and more than often one comes back and burns you (and some of your power-ups) before the sea of saws ahead. Finally, the platform with the 2 sticky power-ups that you man right and down like a shield to protect you seems a bit more sensitive too.

Is it just my imagination?

8. Wheat1328

Wheat1328 Ultimate Survivor Moderator

I've found flying right down the middle and only paying attention to the "fast" ones works well. At the end, stay low as the "fast" one is up high.

I always bump it, wait until it's "flat" and then go through. Never had a problem.

Yep!

I noticed that on the "necklace" thing too. The other stuff seems the same to me. I always had a problem with the V lazers spinning fast and zapping all the powerups (and me sometimes).

9. grandmort

Yes, works a bit better indeed in the middle, I figured that last night, but it's still dangerous ground.

Lazers hate me! Truly!

See, it's weird, I never, EVER had a problem with those V platforms before. Now they burn at least one of my power-up almost each and every time, this is going to be a very difficult "Survive with one try" for me.

10. grandmort

Well, got my 240 missions completed :D :D :D only I did ORBITING in 2 tries.
    So I still have to pass it in one if I want my 80 missions survived in one try in my stats (I have 76 out of 80 - 2 missing in DAY II NIGHT and 2 somewhere else :lol: )

11. Wheat1328

Wheat1328 Ultimate Survivor Moderator

So close! You got to go for it!!

12. Hj326

Hj326 Hypercloner

At size -2 or -3 (or whatever the smallest possible is at that part) where there's the 3 beams with loose sections and a blower on the third, the blower has actually no-clipped me right through the third block. Unfortunately, no replay. You get that by skipping two of the four size +1s at the beginning.

13. Straitorden

Straitorden Well-Known Member

14. ShiV

ShiV True Gamer

Never really liked this level, to slow or something like that in my eyes. Once you get to the end and screw up it's all over again from the beginning, I know better levels to play in between. But you made me curious Straitorden, so I played it a few times and increased to 52 clones. But most important is that you're right, 53 is definitely possible, perhaps even 54. My 52 run might give you a good impression:

Extremely lucky ending btw :lol: But shows that with a bit more tact you can get 3 or 4 clones through up until the last part.