What Else Are You Playing?

Discussion in 'GENERAL DISCUSSION' started by Wheat1328, Nov 24, 2013.

1. Wheat1328

Wheat1328 Ultimate Survivor Moderator

I'm always on the lookout for good games and I thought since we all like Badlands here I'd see what else you guys are playing.

Currently I'm playing:
    Badland
    Pathogen - New strategy game similar to reversi but with many more layers and more strategy. One of the best strategy games I've played.
    Kingdom Rush 1 and 2 - I've got about 5 stars left on the original and a really long ways to go in Frontiers.
    Plague Inc. - Still on the fence about this one
    Bastion - Amazing game. I'm waiting for a bigger iPhone (hopefully) to finish it. 4" screen isn't quite big enough IMO. I'll probably just start over once I start up again. Hopefully Resistor will eventually come to iOS too!!

2. Ben Thumbs

Ben Thumbs Clone Master Moderator

Games that I've spent hundreds of hours on are:
    - Lunar Racer
    - Super Stickman Golf
    - Super Stickman Golf 2
    - Pivvot
    - Zombie Road Trip
    - Zombie Tsunami
    - Punch Quest
    - Letris & Friends

Other games I play periodically (= haven't deleted yet) are:
    - Foozle
    - Flow Free
    - Krashlander
    - Hill Climb Racing
    - Bad Piggies

Games I'm currently playing are:
    - Badland
    - Random Heroes (and a little bit of Random Heroes 2)
    - Zombie Road Trip Trials (Beta Testing)

3. Ben Thumbs

For anyone who plays both Super Stickman Golf 2 and Badland, >>THIS<< might be of interest to you. :mrgreen:

4. Wheat1328

Anybody try out Smash Hit? Really good game IMO. It's basically free. If you want to use the checkpoints then you have to pay $2 which is still a good deal for a game like this. Otherwise it's like playing NES Mario or something. You run out of lives it's game over and back to the beginning.

5. Ben Thumbs

Yep, I've been playing for a couple of days. Have made it to the door of the eighth room for my current high score, without using checkpoints. The smashing glass cracks and crunches are SO satisfying!

I've also picked up Mutant Mudds and Quizup for free this week and also paid for Devious Dunes.

6. Wheat1328

Nice! I agree the sound effects are great, as is the music. I made it to 11,413 without checkpoints. Then I bought the game and am going back through with them. Only at CP 2 so far with 215

7. Ben Thumbs

Argh fell just short of equalling your best without checkpoints! :D

[​IMG]

8. Ben Thumbs

STOKED! Achieved WIZARD status in Smash Hit without using checkpoints. I think I'll aim for 12,000 points & retire. :mrgreen:

[​IMG]

9. Wheat1328

I think you reach Mediocre around 13,000. That's the highest rank you can get.

10. Ben Thumbs

OK great, thanks for the heads up! I guess that's the goal then.
    I just got close to 12,000 again but it was a horrible run where I lost 60 balls in one bad stretch. I'm sure I'll nail a full and complete run soon.

11. Ben Thumbs

Have you got the 300 balls achievement yet? I've been so close a bunch of times but it's tough to do without checkpoints.

12. Wheat1328

Yeah. I got all the achievements. Pretty sure I got the 300 with checkpoints, but I think I could do it without now. I'm up to 355 at checkpoint 3 and I'm thinking I can get over 800 by endless without too much trouble. Trying to climb the leaderboards. Ha

13. Ben Thumbs

Looks like the leaderboards max out at 20,000. The purple spaghetti monster alone knows how many of those would be hackers / cheaters.... Wow that's an awesome ball count to be working towards! I'm all but done with this game but feel guilty that I haven't sent any cash the developers way yet, so am considering if I should shell out for the checkpoints. No doubt as you've suggested it would make a huge difference to a players ability to do well in the game. Guess I'll decide one way or the other after I make it to +13,000 points.

14. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

Hey, you guys left me out! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've just started playing this game too! I've got the premium version and I think I've got amazing records I can boast lol.

Here are my impressive scores! Let's compare heheh!
    Level 1: 5-ball, 99
    Level 2: 5-ball, 160
    Level 3: 5-ball, 247
    Level 4: 5-ball, 270
    Level 5: 5-ball, 301
    Level 6: 5-ball, 343
    Level 7: 5-ball, 358
    Level 8: 5-ball, 345
    Longest streak: 330
    Peak ball count: 410
    Longest distance: 11,226

I'm working on sustaining the 5-ball combo for all levels, so that I get a big advantage in Level Infinity and next time, any level when I return to play them. Ball count isn't particularly important for me now. I hate level 8 for now! Hopefully I can pass it unscathed and hitting every crystal to sustain the 5-ball to level 9. (Level 9 is easy for me, only the last arena is slightly harder) Currently I only have single ball and 92 balls to spare for Level Infinity.

15. Ben Thumbs

Nice! I'm still only playing the free version though, so I've got no idea what my room records for ball counts are at the checkpoints.

16. Wheat1328

I'm down Light Rock! Here's what I've got so far (working my way though). I'll update this post as I get more.

Checkpoint 1: 5-ball, 118
    Checkpoint 2: 5-ball, 215
    Checkpoint 3: 5-ball, 355
    Checkpoint 4: TBD
    Checkpoint 5: TBD
    Checkpoint 6: TBD
    Checkpoint 7: TBD
    Checkpoint 8: TBD
    Checkpoint 9: TBD
    Endless Checkpoint: TBD

Longest streak: 188 is current at CP 3
    Peak ball count: 577 after first playthrough
    Longest distance: 13,452

***EDIT: Check Sheet 2 of the Badland Spreadsheet :D***

17. FBI Light Rock

Haha Lunartic, you can find out the ball count and ball combo even without premium. Just tap on the checkpoint number. Of course the only thing is if you didn't buy premium, the game automatically brings you back to the start.

OMG Wheat, how did you get over 110 for checkpoint 1?!?! I had 102 before. Was it just sheer luck that tons of crystals appeared? My 102 was achieved by conserving balls (Hit 2 crystals with twin ball upgrade). Did you start from 30 balls? :lol: :lol: :lol:

What's your strategies to this game guys, just wondering? Down to the specific obstacles, of course.

18. Wheat1328

So I've been trying to figure it out. It seems the game has a certain amount of possible sets for each "room" of the level. And they have nothing to do with one another and are selected at random. So part of it is you need to get lucky by getting the best "sets" strung together.

For example, level one has something like 7 sets for room 1, 6 sets for room 2, and 5 sets for room 3 (just guessing based on my memory so I might be off by 1 or 2).

I figured out that 67 is the most for room 1 which I only got once. 63 comes up more.

Room 2 the max I ever got was 27, again, only 1 time.

Room 3 the max I ever got was 33 (you can get 34 by using the powerup to hit one of the last crystals by the door).

So that means the max possible for level 1 is 128. But remember, there's 7, 6, 5 possible sets for each room. In other words, 210 level combinations. I also think that there are percentages to how often a certain set will come up. Like the 67 I got in room 1 only happen once. And I played that room alot.

The odds of stringing 67, 27, and 34 together are very very very small. If possible at all. This is all just my theory.

SO.... how's that for over analysis? :lol:

I can give you my take on levels 2 & 3 as well if you up for it. :D

As far as strategies go, I try to figure out the max for room 1 then go from there. If I get the max or close to it I keep going, if I get a crap set for the first room I restart. Also, one of the first things I do is figure out what you run into and what can be avoided. There's some obstacles that look like you'll hit but you actually miss them.

19. FBI Light Rock

Haha, for now I'm not too concerned with the max ball count now. I just wanna get 5-ball for all checkpoints first. Then I'll go back and deal with the ball counts.

For strategies, I'm just concerned with hitting all the crystals and avoiding hits from the glass. From my experience: Far range if possible for crystals. Slow constantly moving glass obstacles should definitely be point-blank. Glass obstacles that move in steps should be close range, hardly point-blank. These are really the hardest obstacles since we must estimate whether it will hit us. Some moving glass obstacles you know it will hit you, so far range if possible. Hanging glasses are definitely point-blank.

20. Wheat1328

They're one in the same. You may as well start from the get go an increase the levels as you go to the max you can. Doing that will get you to 5-balls because if you ever get hit or miss a ball you pretty much have to start over anyway.

It's not like Badland where you can just go back an improve. You have to start from the beginning. In other words, going back and improving on level 3 has absolutely no effect on your ball count on levels 4-10