What Else Are You Playing?

Discussion in 'GENERAL DISCUSSION' started by Wheat1328, Nov 24, 2013.

1. Ben Thumbs

Ben Thumbs Clone Master Moderator

No definitely not as it will almost certainly not go straight down into the hole.
    If you have the AFFRO hat unlocked a Laser Ball works, or else grind away with AIR BRAKES balls. You can even get it with a well powered clean ball (no powerup).

2. Wheat1328

Wheat1328 Ultimate Survivor Moderator

Wtf? I just did this three times in a row with air brakes. This one must be super sensitive!

Edit; seriously! That's 4 now
    Edit: 5

3. Ben Thumbs

Oh man that sucks! Have you tried just clean balling it?

Like this:

4. Wheat1328

Thanks! That helped! Got it on my first try. Better to be lucky then good! :lol:

5. Ben Thumbs

If anybody would like to join the list of testers (WINDOWS builds only ATM) for the current game we're developing at Blue Thumbs Gaming "Destroy the Monkeys!", please send an email to bluethumbsgaming@gmail.com.

DESTROY THE MONKEYS!
    A new take on an old classic.

[​IMG]

6. Wheat1328

:( Let me know when/if you do a Mac version and I'm in!!

7. Ben Thumbs

Yeah I will for sure! I'm trying my hardest to get my hands on a second hand Mac ATM (that fits into my very limited budget), no luck so far though.

8. Ben Thumbs

Anybody else playing BILL KILLEM?

I'm really enjoying it, although I suck fairly badly at it ATM. :lol:

9. Wheat1328

Battleheart: Legacy is pretty freaking sweet!

If you like action-rpg then this is a MUST! Very deep, a ton of customization and loot. It took the devs 2 years to make and they delivered! The graphics are top notch and it must be running at 30fps because it's very smooth and responsive. There's 12 classes totaling 156 skills!! I'm 10hrs in and barely scratched the surface!

It's crazy to me that these games are only $5. A game like this on stream or PSN would be at least $15 if not more.

10. ogster

ogster Elite Member

heartstone: heroes of warcraft. i've been busy with this card battle game for the last couple of months. i'm completely of of my element here though. didn't like it the first time but i thought i'd give it a week. i have mediocre battle skills but am very eager to see how far i can progress. it's not looking good but i enjoy the online one on one slugfest.

cheers, all.

11. Kati

Kati Member Frogmind

My favorite games for PC are League of Legends and Saints Row 3! I play Super Mamc and Swing Copters too (Android) besides BADLAND of course :D Have you tried these games too?

12. Ben Thumbs

Since I started making my own games, I haven't been playing many other games aside from other small indie studio's games that I'm mates with at Twitter. If you want to check out some really great games and help support some small but very dedicated and talented indie devs, some of my favorites are:
    - Shurican
    - Iron Snout (available on gamejolt.com)
    - Explodey Bam!
    - Pixel Burger
    - Purrocket
    - Depri-Horst
    - Space Wonder: Bullet Shoot Hell
    - Star Saver

As for my own games, we've got several in developement at Blue Thumbs Gaming but ATM we're focusing on "BROOD STOP" and "Destroy the Monkeys!".

BROOD STOP is a brutal little twitch shooter that we hope to have published by the end of the year. Here's a short playthrough of an earlier WIP build (still contains lots of my developer placeholder (f)artwork:

We'll be sending out a Windows test build of BROOD STOP soon for some early feedback, if you'd like to join the testers list please email bluethumbsgaming[at]gmail[dot]com

Destroy the Monkeys! is a much larger space shooter game that we've been working on since March and hope to have released by March next year. It's a crazy ode to old school space shooter games like Space Invaders and Galaga and testers so far have been really loving it.

Here's a vid of the game's basic WAVES and BOSSES setup, again still lots of developer place holder (f)artwork here:

Here's a preview review by the YouTuber Kittehloaf in "Kittehloaf plays "Destroy the Monkeys!":

NSFW: Lots of swearing!

Note: As is often the case with YouTuber game reviewers, it seems she didn't get a couple of key points that were included in the notes for this build (about the audio bug with the replay level button), didn't see the story playing out on the main menu, or that you can move forwards and backwards as shown in 'Controls'. Other than that it was very funny to watch and I particularly loved the line something like "OMG how is it possible to poop so much?!" :lol:

If you'd like to see what other games we've got in development at Blue Thumbs Gaming you can check out our YouTube channel: >>HERE<< and if you'd like to play any test builds of our games in development and can take the time to offer some feedback, please email bluethumbsgaming[at]gmail[dot]com

Cheers! :thumbup:

13. Kati

Kati Member Frogmind

^ nice I have to check those out when I got the time! :--)

14. Ben Thumbs

15. Ben Thumbs

[​IMG]

IRON BJORN
    An online 2 Player Coop / High Score Breakout Clone for TagJam16

(It's possible and quite a fun challenge to play the game by yourself)

PLAY IRON BJORN ONLINE AT GAMEJOLT >>HERE<<

I've wanted to make a Breakout Clone for ages but wanted to add some extra twists that would make it stand out a bit. So I made a 2 player coop / High Score version, where the aim is to dislodge and collect as many of the iron bricks as you can to get the highest score possible.

Note: A perfect game would be a score of 4,200 points.

Player 1 controls the paddle to rebound the ball.
    Player 2 controls the collectors to grab the spinning iron bricks.

UI CONTROLS
    Esc - Toggle full screen. (Windows version)

Space Bar - Start game from Main Menu.

- Restart game from Game Over.

L - Reload the game back to the Main Menu.

GAME CONTROLS
    1 Player Mode - Uses WASD or Arrow Keys.
    2 Player Mode - Player 1 uses A and D, or Left and Right Arrows.
    - Player 2 uses W and S, or Up and Down Arrows.

Disclaimer: This is my first attempt at making a HTML5 game, so there will undoubtedly by a few glitches and bugs that I've missed. Hopefully they aren't too serious. Cheers, Ben.

16. Ben Thumbs

17. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

I am playing Destroy the Monkeys RN!!!

18. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

Nice work man!

It reminds me of one of my favorite games when i was a kid, SWOOP - ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6_aw8Punyo )

Also a little of Apeiron and Space Invader

I only reached wave 6 or 7 so i still need to play more, but it's quite hard and quite fun, well done.

19. Ben Thumbs

This makes me so happy!!!! :D

20. Ben Thumbs

Hey Chico, a couple of questions for you if that's OK?

- Did you download the PC or MAC version.
    - If it was the MAC version did you have to do the Terminal work around to open the App.
    - Did you look through the tutorial and if so, was it easy enough to understand and helpful?

Cheers!