2500???

Discussion in 'ACHIEVEMENTS' started by Wheat1328, Nov 28, 2013.

1. Wheat1328

Wheat1328 Ultimate Survivor Moderator

Haven't had time to start playing night yet with all the holiday stuff. Not sure when I will. Just wondering how hard it will be to reach 2500 clones?

2. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Surprisingly, really hard. I haven't played the new levels quite enough yet, but my impression is that saving 2600 total wouldn't even be feasible enough to attempt.

3. Wheat1328

Is it a mistake? Did they mean 2250? That would make more sense with the current pattern.

4. Ben Thumbs

Ben Thumbs Clone Master Moderator

Well apparently you've already done it according to your TA post! Congratulations.
    I think it's cool that Frogmind has put in really tough Achievements like that, to really test the hardcore Badland fiends skills. There's no way I'll ever get it (not even close) and I'm totally OK with that. :lol:

5. grandmort

grandmort Elite Member Moderator

Yep, congrats Matt33, that's quite... Well... An "Achievement"!

6. Wheat1328

I disagree. Achievements that only 1-5 people can achieve are unreasonable and don't have a place. (I say that not knowing what's completely possible yet as I haven't played day 2 night yet - but from the sounds of it Matt33 and ogster are the only ones with a chance).

7. grandmort

grandmort Elite Member Moderator

Yep, pretty much... I'm at 2,335 and it's going to be real hard to get to 2,400 :oops:
    Actually Wheat1328, if we could match ogster's DAY I, that would push us by a 100 clones, 2,435 for me. Maybe it's then possible to collect another 65 clones on DAY II, I don't know, it's definitely going to be very difficult... I also thought there would be an achievement for 2,250 considering the pattern we have seen before... 2,400 would be more reasonable, yet still difficult for many.

8. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Okay, maybe 2600 isn't so outlandish lol. This game never ceases to surprise me.

9. ogster

ogster Elite Member

the pattern for clone count achievements seems to increase exponentially. it started with 100s, then to 250s.

i do agree that 2500 is a little stiff. but i don't think it's unrealistic for you guys. you guys have impressive scores on a lot of levels so it's just a matter of time. you'll get there soon enough. yes, i managed it, though it wasn't very easy. i have so far saved 332 clones for day 2 night to bring my total to 2527.

10. Ben Thumbs

Welcome officially to the forums ogster!

I'm sure it was mentioned in the TA Badland thread but I obviously missed it when I skimmed through it, but why don't your or Matt33's clone counts show up in the Game Center Leaderboard?

[​IMG]

11. Wheat1328

Achievements should be attainable by more than 10 people IMO. I'll definitely go for it. I doubt I'll get it.

12. ogster

ogster Elite Member

yep, it was hardly talked about. everyone might have different opinions why some of the scores don't show. also, i don't think anybody asked the developers, so your guess is as good as mine. but notice that it isn't just mine and matt33's anymore. after reaching a certain total clones saved or missions completed, people's score are removed from the leaderboard(s). maybe a good soul will volunteer to ask the guys at frogmind?

13. ogster

ogster Elite Member

in those terms, then yes, i have to agree with you. attainable even by just 1% of total players might have been a better consideration.

14. Wheat1328

New theory on this since it's becoming increasingly clear that Matt33 and ogster are the only two that will get this as the game currently stands:

Frogmind has said there is more content to come (both in their game description on iOS and Android, and on Twitter), so I'm thinking that 2500 may end up being the limit and we'll see a few more levels. Maybe another 10 to finish off Badland and lead into a Badland 2? Just a thought/hope.

15. Wheat1328

Ok....

So I'm starting to think I can get to 2500 and I'm sure some others can as well. It's probably the main think keeping playing at this point. It's not like I'm going to catch ogster so holding to #3 is all that's left for me. That said, I still think it's a poor achievement when <10 of 5 million people can achieve it but I'm enjoying trying to get there so far.

16. Flamingjazz

Flamingjazz Hardcore Gamer Moderator

Gonna reopen this for a second, but I'm really struggling to get to 2500 clones...
    I've got nearly all the missions done, excepting doomsday since I just got it...
    I'm not desperately behind the leaders in every level, and I've spent A LOT of time (defined as nearly 100 hrs) on this game.
    But I'm stuck at 2200.
    I'm not done with doomsday yet, so I can get a few more, perhaps 100 or so, but that leaves me short.
    I'll update my clone counts tomorrow (I'm on EST), anyone willing to help me out a little? Tips or something?

17. n0phun

n0phun Master of Disaster Moderator

100 hours is NOT A LOT of time. ;-) That is 1 hour per level, I've spent a multiple in most of them. Look at the playtimes at the end of the sheet and consider that they are not updated regularly. I think 2200 is really good for having played that seldom. Really.
    So that's the hint already. And add some time for watching vids, some of them more than once.

18. Ben Thumbs

This prompted me to go and check my clone count after playing the latest update through a couple of times and I'm now at 2510 saved. WOOOO
    I updated my stats in the spreadsheet also but couldn't find the hours played stats anymore?

19. Flamingjazz

Flamingjazz Hardcore Gamer Moderator

All right sorry. 100 hrs certainly seems like a lot for someone who has a low attention span... :)
    Ben Thumbs?
    And 2500 seems like a lot of clones at the moment but I'll keep plugging away on it.
    Damn sometimes I hate being addicted to this game.
    ;) :)

20. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

Yeah idk why but it doesn't show anymore.

You definetely put some effort on it, but it's not a lot of time to the point where you have to feel guilty about it, lol, the last time i checked i was at 305 hours played, i'm probably at 400 hours by now, so don't worry.

Lol, me too, it's a lovely horrible addiction.
    And I checked your numbers and you have a lot of levels where you can improve, you will get there you will see.