Spreadsheet

Discussion in 'GENERAL DISCUSSION' started by twiki, Jan 10, 2014.

1. twiki

twiki Active Member

Is it OK to just add my partial figures as I go along and complete things - or will this mess things up unless I've at least completed everything.
    I'm just about to finish Day I with all missions - so thought it would be a good time to take stock and see how my clone count compares before starting Day II!

2. Wheat1328

Wheat1328 Ultimate Survivor Moderator

For sure!!! Add just the ones you've done, just the ones your proud of, whatever! It's completely up to you, it won't mess up the sheet at all. The sheet is solely to help you compare your counts.

For example, Matt33 has only given 20 of his for us to see (he's #1 on iOS with 2603 and pretty secretive but we'll convince him to post them all eventually ;) )

3. Wheat1328

WTF happened to the spreadsheet. Someone deleted almost everything??? :x :x :x

I'm going to reload my saved copy from March 10. If you've made edits since then you'll have to re-enter them. Sorry.

This is the first time this has happened. Honestly, I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner.

4. Wheat1328

Re: Spreadsheet WTF

This isn't going well. A bunch of you need to re-enter you Day 2 counts.

All the grey highlighted cells were all effed up.

All the hyperlinks were lost.

Back to bare-bones. I don't think I'm going to go back and fix everything just so some dumbass can ruin it again.

5. Ben Thumbs

Ben Thumbs Clone Master Moderator

That sucks! I'd lock it back up again and make it invite only from now on.

6. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

GREAT NEWS!!! :D :D :D

Original spreadsheet restored! It just takes a bit of a tech genius to restore it. ;) I had to do a bit of research to find out how to restore an online spreadsheet though. I was pretty confident that Google would definitely have revision histories for documents. I used a shared document last time for my project as well. I mean, Google probably knows that there are always some idiots who will eff up all our hard work, hence this excellent feature to revert back to older revisions!

EDIT: Oh, someone make my cells for Day I for both Unstable and Mines! black, because I achieved the max possible clones a few days ago. I can't do that on mobile, and I don't use a computer to view this.

7. Wheat1328

AWESOME! THANK YOU!!!

I don't know what you did, but I'm glad it's back!!!

EDIT: I just Googled it too. I see what you did. Awesome feature. Glad I know about it!! Thanks again!!

8. Ben Thumbs

That's great, thanks!
    Can you find any information on who the douchebag was and block them from the sheet?

9. FBI Light Rock

It shows up as anonymous on the revision history at the time in which the spreadsheet was destroyed, but with enough effort I MAY be able to track the IP address of that douchebag. What I can do now is limited, since I'm on a tablet now and things do get a little laggy and inconvenient.

I'll report what I find once I get time on my computer and crack things down. However, in the process of doing so, sometimes the spreadsheet may screw up (A result of me looking at the past revision histories at that time), but no worries, I'll restore it once I've completed my investigation. That is, if thing even screw up, because it may not always do so given enough caution.

10. Ben Thumbs

Yeah an IP address would be great if you can identify it. I can do a few things here backstage if you get it. ;)

11. FBI Light Rock

Ok, it appears that:

1. I can't find ANY revision history which indicates that someone has wiped out all the cells in our spreadsheet. I checked back to the time and date of the creation of this topic, and went back to search within that time frame, but nothing.

2. I searched it up, and unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a way to block an IP address. The only feasible thing to do is to make it only group-shared, which does make edits to the spreadsheet very troublesome due to the need to log in each time. Also, there doesn't seem to be a way to find out the IP address of the editor of a certain revision history.

Doesn't seem like we can do anything except to revert to a previous revision history if this ever crops up again. :(

12. Ben Thumbs

Ah bummer! I was hoping to cross reference the IP with stats backstage here to see if we could get some more information and at the very least IP ban them from the forums. Oh well, at least we have a way of quickly restoring any damage that shows up.
    Thanks for all your efforts!

13. FBI Light Rock

Hi guys, there's quite a lot of changes going on in the spreadsheet today. I've been hard at work automating a lot of things (Especially automating the maximum possible clone counts for the applicable rows), but I've also made a bit of descriptive changes. For the fun of it, I've also added a (albeit, non-automated) fun feature which identifies the currently active Badland players. :)

I hope you guys enjoy the changes! :D

14. Wheat1328

Honestly, I'm confused about what you've done other than bold and italicize "active" players. But what constitutes "active" and how do you plan to keep track of that? And why would you want to? And how are new users (or users that don't see this thread) going to know what the bold players are?

15. FBI Light Rock

Active players are based on purely opinion, so if within a certain period (which is unfortunately, very subjective to an individual) a player in our list does not update his clone count, we take the player off the active player list. Anyone can change the status of any player but of course it must be of a reasonable time period. Of course, this also means that anyone who disputes this can change it back. And again, I emphasize that this feature is just for fun. If you disagree with this feature, feel free to remove it, and I will not dispute that. You are THE Global moderator of the whole forum after all. Like the Maximum cell, I've added the note to GameCenter ID cell to tell new players what are the bold names about.

Other than that, the changes are non-observable on the surface, as I merely made the spreadsheet more automated in automatically indicating the maximum possible clones saved for every player. The automated rows of cells are only those levels that have indicated a fixed value of maximum clone count. However, if you actually analyze some of the rows of cells for certain levels, for example, Eclipse with a current maximum clone count of 24, they allow for a higher value than the current max input into the spreadsheet, just in case some player exceeds that max. Long story cut short, new players no longer need to blacken their cells (And change the font to white) when they achieve the maximum possible clone count as I've automated the process.

16. Ben Thumbs

Oh cool, thanks for all your effort man!
    Truth be told I had no idea all that stuff wasn't already set up to automatically fill etc! :lol:
    I guess someone must have being filling in my cells for me?!

17. FBI Light Rock

Because it seems that we have an increasing amount of players from the Android side (which includes myself), it no longer makes sense to put GameCenter ID so I've changed it to....

BADLAND Clone Warrior! :lol: :lol: :lol: For fun! Go ahead and think of other better names and change it at will!

18. Wheat1328

Yeah. I was trying to stay on top of it but over the last couple months I've been slacking. Nice to have some help!

19. FBI Light Rock

I have nothing to do in my life now until mid May this year haha. :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm glad that I did a bit help to improve stuff around here. Perhaps it's a good way to kill a bit of time. :)

I'm investing some time to pursue my (somewhat) interest too. I'm trying to improvise on a popular piano piece but I'm no musician; I haven't even took music lessons before. I simply listen to other people's improvisation and take a bit here and there. I might even think of learning an entirely new (pretty easy) piece, but I'm still focused on improvising for now. Heck, I might even find a temporal/part-time job to fill up perhaps the last 2-4 weeks. :)

About the spreadsheet, yeah some levels were automated but it's only some and also the ones that were automated may have been outdated due to new breakthroughs in clone counts. So I did a one-time sweep in updating all the automation process.

20. Ben Thumbs

Cheers to both of you then for your past and present efforts!

FBI you should download GAME MAKER STUDIO and start making your own games! I'm having heaps of fun with it ATM and just upgraded from the free version to standard so I could add extra stuff to my current game: