Spreadsheet

Discussion in 'GENERAL DISCUSSION' started by twiki, Jan 10, 2014.

1. Ben Thumbs

Ben Thumbs Clone Master Moderator

Just PM me the link when you're ready to go and I'll patch it in ASAP. ;)

2. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

V3.0 still isn't ready, unfortunately. :( Not all the bugs have been ironed out yet. Downloading as an excel spreadsheet (.xls) is still causing corruption problems. The spreadsheet shows up extremely screwy on mobile browsers.

Until these 2 problems are fixed (I suspect they are linked to each other, though), I really doubt we can push out V3.0 to the public. It's still now under Beta testing within our community. The new features I've yet to implement (Those in green in my previous post) can wait, but it's the bug fixing that cannot be ignored. We cannot allow bugs in the spreadsheet when a final release is out.

3. Wheat1328

Wheat1328 Ultimate Survivor Moderator

Seems to be working fine on my phone. You should have seen the POS grandmort and I started with. Ha. It's up to you when you want to start using it, but I see no reason to wait.

4. FBI Light Rock

Just made several tweaks to the spreadsheets these few days, because I'm free (The truth is, I took MC from work for 2 days, starting yesterday :lol: , had a slight sore throat). Not so obvious ones though. I simply made the spreadsheet more consistent within itself and each other (Like, made the height and width of the cells more consistent).

Please note some of the changes and to-dos above! The vertical borders is now under testing in the COOP sheet so please take a look and tell me what you think of it! Protection doesn't seem to be working because I apparently don't even get the Checkbox that is tagged with 'Protect' even as I select the appropriate cells. It keeps telling me the items selected are not available. Wtf?!?! :evil: I also have no clue how to make the Edit column appear on the spreadsheet on mobile browsers like its v2.0 predecessor. Need help on all 3 aspects mentioned in this paragraph.

Other than that, I've checked the aesthetics of the spreadsheet on mobile. No problems there, so anytime, Lunartic, you wanna swap the link over to the new one, please go ahead! :D However, please don't wipe out the old spreadsheet yet, since I want to resolve the problems mentioned above first before going ahead. I think the v2.0 predecessor may provide insight on how to solve these problems. ;)

5. Wheat1328

I'm going to make the link on V2.0

I'll keep the data on TAB 2 but TAB 1 will now direct to V3.0. Your few additional kinks you want to make can be V3.1 ;) I see no reason to wait.

Lunartic, please update the link on the front page.

6. Ben Thumbs

What's the link?

7. Wheat1328

8. Ben Thumbs

So you want that to replace the current link and not as an addition right?

9. FBI Light Rock

Great idea, I support that Wheat! Smart decision! :D
    No probs, keeps me busy and distracts me from my demoralising working environment (Hopefully it will change soon, I'm pushing to change dept). :D
    Yeap yeap, Lunartic. :D

V3.0 is fully functional now. Appearance wise, it's ready for viewing on both PC and mobile. However, editing wise, so far it's only on PC...(If you open the link on a mobile web browser it will not allow you to edit, unlike v2.0. However, not sure about Google Drive since I never tried that)

10. Ben Thumbs

Done. ;)

11. FBI Light Rock

Seems to be a "static" version. On PC I can't even edit the spreadsheet. Lunartic, can you try this link instead?

12. Ben Thumbs

OK updated. I'm just about to turn everything off and go to bed so if there are any more dramas I'll get onto it ASAP in the morning. Cheers. :thumbup:

13. Wheat1328

I've got the Google Drive app and Google Sheets app on my iPhone. Works perfectly on those.

Safari takes for freaking ever to open my Drive so I never access it directly from the phone's browser. I was going to test it with Chrome on my phone but it just redirects me to the app every time. Even if I request desktop site.

EDIT: I see what you mean about the link. Just opened it on my phone via the link you listed a few post above and I got to it but unable to edit.

14. Wheat1328

15. Ben Thumbs

OK done, third time lucky?

16. FBI Light Rock

Wheat, sorry to say but your link leads to a spreadsheet that is also "static". Can't edit here from PC. Perhaps it's all ok with Google Drive?

Lunartic, so sorry for the inconvenience :? , but can I re-trouble you to replace back with this link?

To Wheat, can you please try if the the same link above works well with Google Drive?

P.S. It's time to update the link to the Official BADLAND Clone Saving Spreadsheet in your signatures, guys. :D I've just updated mine not so long ago.

17. Ben Thumbs

Damn, this is getting ridiculous! :mrgreen:

OK done and I just checked and I can edit stuff on Chrome at least.

18. Wheat1328

I've disabled all editing on v2.0 - users can now only view v2.0. We are officially only operating on v3.0 now.

19. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

Great job on the new spreadsheet Wheat and Lunartic, althought i'm not sure how to edit now.

It would be cool to see Kullua's, B16DAZ and Matt33 results on the spreadsheet also. :thumbup:

20. Ben Thumbs

I can't take any credit for it whatsoever! All I did was patch in the new link (about 10 times :lol: ).