General Forum Stuff

Discussion in 'GENERAL DISCUSSION' started by Ben Thumbs, Apr 20, 2014.

1. Ben Thumbs

Ben Thumbs Clone Master Moderator

This thread is for anything related to forum setup / maintenance etc.

2. Ben Thumbs

Oh yeah sorry about that. I'll install a few more tomorrow when I'm on my PC.
    It's easy to put the correct banner up for the different skins, I just never bothered because I didn't realise people were using anything other than the main default skin. Once I've installed a few and you've picked the one you want to use, let me know and I'll patch the banner in for that skin.

Yep, I came to the same conclusion in regards to the YouTube stuff. Annoying.

3. Ben Thumbs

Done!
    Now you've now got 6 skins to choose from, although if you don't like the white on black I guess you'll pick either of:
    - Artodia: Deluxe
    - Artodia: Ultra Blue

Both of those are great and I use them for two of my other forum sites.

4. Ben Thumbs

I'm not sure if the 10 new levels are going to be DAY III - Dawn or not, but I've set it up like that ready to go.

I'll edit and unlock the new forum appropriately once we get more details. ;)

5. Ben Thumbs

I enquired about this on Twitter and got the following reply:

I've made the appropriate changes. :thumbup:

6. n0phun

n0phun Master of Disaster Moderator

Thank you! Had a short look at all six, decided to try them all. Currently I use Artodia: Deluxe. What is nice is that it has different views for PC and mobile, automagically. Very good readibility in mobile view. Big limitation: there's no direct link to the last post of a topic this view. So you have to go to the last page if there are more than on, and the scroll down all postings to the last. To much effort on mobile phones. No big deal for topics you're watching if you come in via link in the notification mail.

So I might switch back to Omega. I'd recommend to keep them anyway, as I noted that in Omega and Artodia: Deluxe there were no timeout problems with the youtube links, while that continued under CA Black. Didn't compare that under the other 4 styles, will do that later.

Cheers!

7. Ben Thumbs

I've switched the OMEGA banner but annoyingly there's no (easy) way to remove the underlying default banner which sucks!

It looks ok on my PC but let me know if it looks bollocks on your mobile device and I'll get rid of it, or try to fix it up.

8. Wheat1328

Wheat1328 Ultimate Survivor Moderator

Seems undersized to me. On my iPhone right now. Maybe it's just the default one behind being wider making it seem that way?

9. Ben Thumbs

Finally got around to tidying up the main page and moving my "NO CONTENT WITHIN THIS FAN SITE CAN BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE PERMISSION OF THE FORUM ADMINISTRATOR." blurb to be the default forum rules for all forums.

Just a heads up also that my NOODLECAKE GAMERS site has been down for a couple of weeks and I was finally able to get an answer as to why. It was shut down due to a TOS violation due to me having links to other forum hosts and so I went through and removed all of the links to external stuff just to make sure it doesn't happen again. I can't imagine that linking to a Google spreadsheet like we do here would be a problem, but you never no! If this site goes offline for an extended period, rest assured I'll be working to get it back OL ASAP. If that blows out into a few days you can always hit me up on Twitter (@Lunartic8) to ask / find out what's going on.

10. Ben Thumbs

Our first Boring Spammer Fuckface!
    I love a good IP banning in the morning.

11. n0phun

Yeah, and you were quick to remove the suckers crap. ;-) Thanks!

12. Ben Thumbs

It's literally just two clicks to delete all their posts and IP ban them, don't know why they ever bother. :lol:

13. Wheat1328

Ahh man, I missed it. :(

You're on top of things Lunartic!

14. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

What...what just happened? I saw nothing of it! :lol:

Whatever...it's great someone else still maintains the forums pretty well! Great and efficient job, Lunartic! :D

15. Ben Thumbs

I get notifications to my phone anytime a post is posted so it's easy to keep track of. Like now I got notified of your post and I'm replying next to my wife who's in labour. Bab number 3 is on the way. :D

16. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

Congrats on your third child, Lunartic! :D Although it does warrant a pretty hard journey ahead for your newest addition, I'm sure your 2 kids will definitely be happy and your whole family will definitely liven up. I do presume it's not a significantly bigger problem to take care of the additional child in your country, unlike down here in my own small nation where every child brings a lot more burden to the family, especially financial wise. Here's to wishing all the best for your kids and family! :D

17. Wheat1328

Congrats Lunartic!!! :thumbup: I thought that was happening sometime soon.

Your a braver man than I. Two is plenty for me. Don't want to be outnumbered. :lol:

18. Ben Thumbs

Thanks, it ended up being really quick compared to our two boys! (48hrs and 22hrs).

Kiera was born at 11pm on the 30th June just 3 hours after we finished dinner and went to the hospital.

[​IMG]

Kiera is powering, wife's up and about and the boys are keeping me busy at home. :mrgreen:

19. ogster

ogster Elite Member

happy new baby girl, lunartic!

20. n0phun

Greetings to the new earthling! Assume it's the smaller one on the picture and the other one isn't your wife, right? Congratulations to her, too!