Blockworks

Discussion in 'DOOMSDAY' started by Wheat1328, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Wheat1328

Wheat1328 Ultimate Survivor Moderator

[​IMG]

BLOCKWORKS

Missions

[​IMG]

Clones Saved

Add your own Clone Counts into the Clone Saving Spreadsheet >>HERE<<

Playthrough

Note: This is just a simple "Survive with one try" playthrough to show off this level here in the Badlands Forum.

2. Wheat1328

I actually quite like this level. The "explode all mines" was a bitch until I figured out the trick, but the clone saving is straight forward and 100% skill based. No luck required. The current 31 by "symbols" (can I call you that?? I'm on a phone and I'll never remember all those symbols, sorry) is really impressive! I think up to 35 is possible but extremely difficult. I'm stopping for now with my 29.

3. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

No problem, just say CHICO if you want, but symbols have a nice ring to it, lol

Agreed, i think 35+ is possible.

4. stone3416

stone3416 Active Member

The explode all mines mission is crazy hard. my hats off to those that have figured it out. I keep looking for any slow mo power ups to help, but at the speed I'm usually going, I can barely see the mines that need to be blown up!

5. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

LMAO :lol:

There is only one slow motion, so dodge the speed ones and voila, well, still pretty hard anyway, especially those last bombs, i'm glad i already did it cause i will never try it again.

6. stone3416

stone3416 Active Member

Ahhhhhh! I'm such an idiot! I finally made it through the "Explode all mines" mission only to discover that I forgot the mine along the bottom at the very beginning! :oops: There goes 2 hrs of my life I'll never get back. Crap.

7. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

Yeah, I say 34+ is possible. I entered that but someone deleted the + sign...I'll change it back...

8. Wheat1328

That was me. I don't think more than 34 is possible. Getting 34 might not even be possible. You can only bring one to the area where you get the 2 slow power ups and 2 slow time power ups all at once. If you bring 2 or more it will cause you to either get the large power up right after or hit the saw with one. Either of which will mess up your day.

So until someone can provide a way to get more than 1 though that section, 34 is the max.

9. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

I'll say 35 is possible, and might be the max, but you never know. In <|-|<0's video, he showed that 31 is possible. However, one clone has killed by the saws, while he only picked up 1 of the 3 single clone power ups. I believe it's possible to pick up all of them. That makes for the 34.

Now for 35, 2 clones must pass through the portal. There is a single clone power up just before the portal and that will would mean the 2 clones is possible through the portal. The only problem is after the portal, the clones must slow down to grab the Small power up but not the Time Speed Up power up. While it might be possible, this has yet to be tested. If 2 clones can make it, I trust that even more may even pass through cleanly.

10. stone3416

stone3416 Active Member

How many mines are there in this level? I count 9, but my eye sight isn't what it used to be. Are there any mines after the saw section that I might be missing. I've blown up the 9 mines that I see several times, but don't get credit for the mission, so I must be missing a mine somewhere. Thanks.

11. Wheat1328

There's 9. Not sure what's going on? Maybe upload a reply of exploding 9 and not getting the mission???

Gotta ask: You're exploding all 9 in one run, right?

12. stone3416

stone3416 Active Member

:lol: I don't blame you for asking! But yes, I have exploded all 9 in a single run. At least I thought I did. Sometimes during the last section (by the saws) the mine farthest to the left blows up off screen from the detonation of one of the mines in the middle. This may be the reason I'm not getting credit. I'll try and get this one first from now on and see what happens. I feel better knowing there are only 9 mines and I can quit looking for another one hidden somewhere else in the run.

13. Wheat1328

There's a trick to this part that makes the whole thing much easier. And If I had to guess I'd say there's probably some glitch causing you to not get credit for the off screen explosion.

14. stone3416

stone3416 Active Member

Almost forgot. Before I found this user forum and when I was running out of interest in playing Badlands anymore, I found some of your videos on youtube and discovered a whole new dimension to the game that I was not aware off. Those videos and this forum have made playng this game a blast. I never realized how much fun Badlands can be until I tried matching the clone totals you guys were reaching. Thanks again for the spark :D

15. Wheat1328

Awesome! Glad you like them! And the forum!!

16. ogster

ogster Elite Member

yep, these guys are a great bunch. this forum has kept my enthusiasm for the game on the steady. the spreadsheet too has been sending clonecounts to always increasing heights, which gets a lot of us taking another look.

glad to hear you're enjoying badland in new ways.

anyways, a huge thanks to wheat for his advice on how to blow all the mines up here in blockworks. spared me a few hundred attempts, for sure.

17. Hj326

Hj326 Hypercloner

I think I might know the secret to getting the last four mines, but I'm not sure. Do you need the supercloner after the last portal?

EDIT: On multiple occasions I've hit every mine except for #6. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong or post a replay? TIA.

18. Exactly. Because of how fast I was going,I could not see the mines I have to explode.And also,I realized that one of the mines were hidden in the 2x slow motion part,so I found that one and exploded it. :lol: :P :lol: :P :D

19. ShiV

ShiV True Gamer

@<|-|!<0, hehehe funny, I was just playing like you last night, saw your video after. Already saw this was a possibility a while back, tried a few times but thought I'd keep that for later, when I would've gotten 33 or 34. Last night I tried again anyway, and just after that saw your video ;P Btw, you don't have to take that superclone right there, you can also take off from the place you held down a bit earlier or wait a bit higher, and only attract that superclone. With some luck you take it right when entering the next area. Didn't happen to me just yet but I did enter with I believe 8 or 9 clones. Few got lost, but had 27 at the moment both superclones in the slow/mine-area were taken. So that gives possibilities for a 40/41-score.

For those that haven't seen the video:

20. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

Did that a couple of times... but the problem is managing to not get the big powerup after. AND manage to get them grouped for the finale.

I don't know if 40 is actually reachable, but between 35 and 37 seems doable.

Oy mate, do you ever feel controls a little loosy? i'm always wondering if its just my mind or if controls are delayed sometimes. Maybe my screen is getting a little

Oh, idk why i did this but it looks cool.