Accelerator

Discussion in 'DOOMSDAY' started by Wheat1328, Apr 24, 2014.

1. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

You can get through in any size, and without the slow time powerup.

The Lasers Will Kill You, But That Which Makes The Laser Won't

2. Wheat1328

Wheat1328 Ultimate Survivor Moderator

Trying to collect all the power ups is kicking my ass! I'm so over this level. Once I get this I can move on to Evil then I'll be done with Doomsday missions and 1-tries. Aaahhh

3. stone3416

stone3416 Active Member

Has anyone else had trouble getting credit for the "Explode no mines" mission? I have completed this mission a few times without exploding any mines, but not in a single try. Does this mission need to be completed with the 1-try achievement?

4. ogster

ogster Elite Member

here's another level with good potentials. although 4 clones is max saved now, i think 20+ is doable here. i didn't check but i must've had at least 15 at the very last stretch. i clipped the bomb just after the last laser and lost all but 2. i tried and tried again but can't set up any more than 6 clones in the final stretch. i'm almost convinced only luck determines how many you get through.

and oh, i want to add that i freakin hate this level!

5. Wheat1328

No, you shouldn't have to 1-try it. I got the mission using checkpoints

6. stone3416

stone3416 Active Member

AhhhHa! I finally found what I was doing wrong. I kept blowing up a mine with the last laser in the last section of the run.

The only way I can get through the sliding lasers is after getting by the first laser, I lean against the bottom laser in the next section and wait for the laser slider to come to the bottom and then I jump through and do the same in the next section. After that, I just aim for the middle of the last part and hope I get through. Is this what Chico meant by chillin after the first laser? It sure doesn't feel like a secret way to me, but at least I can get through. I'd like to know if I'm on the right track or is there still a better way to get through this part? Thanks.

7. Wheat1328

You got it. It's much easier if you get the slow down time power up with one clone and use the other to fly through. (as you have to sacrifice the one to get that power up).

8. stone3416

stone3416 Active Member

Thanks so much for the tip. I've tried many times to get the slow mo powerup to help with the laser section, but couldn't do it with a single clone. There is hope of 1-try run for me after all :lol:

9. stone3416

stone3416 Active Member

In my opinion, this is the hardest level yet created for Badlands. The 1-try achievement and the collect all powerups mission are crazy hard. Even if you know how to do it. I remember thinking "Final Frontier" was ridiculously hard, when I was trying to complete it with 1-try, but now it doesn't seem too bad. Hard, but not head-frying hard. I'd love to hear from the rest of you on which level you think is overall #1 for difficulty (1-try and all missions) Day1, Day2 and Doomsday included.

10. Wheat1328

Collect all power-ups on this one is very hard! It's definitely up there in the top. It's one of 5 missions I don't have (the other ones being all three on EVIL and the glitched "hit nothing" on CLONETRON)

As far as hardest 1-try, I'm thinking EVIL is going to get that title. It's the only 1-try I don't have. I haven't logged the time into it that I did into Final Frontier and Oblivion yet but so far it seems harder. Accelerator didn't give me much trouble, relatively speaking. It was no walk in the park though!

11. Wheat1328

FINALLY!!!!! Got all the power-ups! :D :D :D My heart was pounding there towards the end! I'm done with this level!! I'll post the playthrough on the first post of this thread.

On to EVIL... :? :shock: :(

12. Ben Thumbs

Ben Thumbs Clone Master Moderator

Can someone explain how to navigate this section correctly please? I literally have no idea what I have to do to trigger the gate to open. :?

[​IMG]

13. n0phun

n0phun Master of Disaster Moderator

The exit gate of the ring opens when the "laser lights" (upper left in your picture) reach the ring. You've gone in too early here, wait until they are near the ring. Playthrough is linked in the first posting now, there is another one by <|-|!<0 here. Have fun with the next part.

14. Ben Thumbs

Ben Thumbs Clone Master Moderator

Thanks, I had no idea and it was doing my head in (even after I watched a replay! :lol: :oops: ).

15. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

The max now is set to 31 clones. Is it honestly possible to fit 31 clones inside the final claw that propels your clones like crazy? I kind of find it hard to believe that...

16. ogster

ogster Elite Member

if you can get to that part small enough, yes, you most certainly can. i've put 40 or more in there a few times and with room to spare. and like you said, that thing has no problem sending them poor clones where you don't want them. a couple of times too, i got lucky to get a nice bunch through but got rattled and forget about the lasers up ahead and waste my chances.

17. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

If anyone is still dwelling on how to get through the laser maze, you actually don't have to "chill" between the lasers. I rushed through the maze without stopping. You just need to find the right time. I had a hell lot of trouble still, since my iTouch won't cooperate, and continually sends the lonely clone to its hollows. I had to retry it a lot of times just to get through and clear this level of its "Skipped" status. (The only one left now is Evil, and I don't think I'll ever clear that one since I can't navigate through the tiny passageways with such an uncooperative device. :evil: ) For me, since I had the luxury of restarting over and over again, I simply let the clone roll from its spawn point until it turns completely upside down the second time, and finally set off, bumping into the stand ahead briefly before heading through the maze. Quite easy once you nail the timing, now it's just whether your device wants to cooperate. :lol:

But for one try, chillin like the CHICO :P is still the best and easiest option.

18. n0phun

n0phun Master of Disaster Moderator

A glitch like this one? Just curious.

19. ogster

ogster Elite Member

exactly like that one. i'm pretty sure it happens when a clone is left behind. the clone doesn't die and instead stays in the play field. the frame scrolls back left to pick up clone, but if lead clones go ahead too far and die, tail clone is glitched to bottom fringe of play field where nothing kills it.

in that light, i try not to leave any clone behind to avoid glitch.

20. Hj326

Hj326 Hypercloner

I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry. Is there a way I can post screenshots from my phone? I need to do so if yes.