Accelerator

Discussion in 'DOOMSDAY' started by Wheat1328, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Ben Thumbs

Ben Thumbs Clone Master Moderator

Yes, use IMGUR and paste the BBcode link.

2. Hj326

Hj326 Hypercloner

Forgive my naïveté but how do I get the link?

3. Ben Thumbs

4. Hj326

Hj326 Hypercloner

Thanks!
    [​IMG]

Also, I posted a replay of a similar manifestation of the same issue. I THINK it might be a result of Frogmind's "improving" the level?

5. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

I Tried to increase my clones in this level, but only got 18 again, so i thought i would upload the replay anyway, but there was this glitch where the replay was actually the previous run instead of the last one, weird, just reporting.

6. Ben Thumbs

This is a very common and well known issues with Everyplay and can be extremely frustrating. It almost drove me to giving up on trying to upload all of the SSG2 shots because sometimes I'd spend hours trying to nail a certain super difficult shot, only to get it and find out Everyplay had the wrong replay recorded. I raised hell about it months ago but their depressing response was to "play the game slower"... Apparently you need to wait several seconds between 'plays' so that the Everyplay cache (or whatever) can clear out and be prepared to record again. They said they were going to work on it but I haven't heard anything since about it. :?

n0phun likes this.
  7. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

Probably because we start the level again too fast. It was a lot of tries, so it's understandable... but yeah can be very frustrating.

8. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

Omg, it happened again, this time on Bodyparts, i got this gold run where i passed 10 CLONES throught that saw, and could wrap 6 of them until that rocks and bombs part, but that was confusing and i've lost 3 so only saved 103. But the replay would be awesome cause it shows the level potential to save 110 clones... but when i recorded the replay it was the previous one, that never happened before and now it happened 2 times in a row. :evil:

Edit: The weirdest part is that the replay actually had parts of the last run mixed with the previous one (Yes, it was a remix of two runs together) lol, i would upload it anyway cause it would show at least the wrapping of 6 clones, but when this glitch happens you can't even upload the wrong video.

9. Ben Thumbs

Wow that's really weird and yeah as I said incredibly frustrating. :(
    You should a couple of test runs of SPIRAL or something quick and easy and see what happens with the replays.

10. :?: :?: :?: In the vids,the level seems so easy,but once you try doing it yourself,it's REALLY REALLY REALLY hard to pass.Keep trying the level and you will get the idea of how to pass it. :idea:

11. phil

phil Well-Known Member

Collecting all power ups seems to be nearly impossible for me here. Well, I try to figure it out anyway.
    Either the slide before the three switching lasers takes the clone too far to reach that cloning power up or the next slide suddenly stops in the middle.
    Can anyone help me out? It's my 300th out of 300 missions.
    Also I managed to play in one try twice, collected all power ups because the screen switched back to a left clone, so I was able to try again.
    The second time I failt right at the very last laser :D so I tried again from the last check point..
    The mission did not count in any of these cases o_O

I know these are lots of questions for one level..but it's truely kicking my ass on Moto G (Android).

12. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

Nice!

You can do it, this level is tricky but keep trying because it's also very short.

It is the perfect mission to be the last, one of the hardest if not the hardest.

watch some videos (especially wheat's), play some other levels, scream, stop playing, then try again at night with headphones, do a couple runs where you try to save more clones, then try the mission again, get warm on the level by playing at least 15 times in a row or more and adapt because in this level each run is different. :thumbup:

13. phil

phil Well-Known Member

Thanks for your encouraging words :)

14. phil

phil Well-Known Member

Wow, I finally got it! Thanks again, you made me play a little less nervous.

15. Straitorden

Straitorden Well-Known Member

Chico, what size of clones is it possible with? I tried with the smallest, with 1 and 2 more than the smallest, but result is the same - maximum 6 clones at the end. The most irritating level in the entire game; the second is Momentum.

16. ShiV

ShiV True Gamer

Hehe my thoughts exactly ;P Tried so many times, starting to believe it's all in good luck perhaps... Though I never really tried to become as small as possible and then skip the speed-up at the ending, just before you get the superclones part. Always wanted to get as many clones as possible so if I got through at the smallest size, I would take the extra clone so I could both go through the upper and down path to get the superclones/size-downs. This was always done by also taking the speed-up just before. Perhaps I should try to not duplicate myself, skip the speed-up and just go through one pathway. Will not give me as many clones as I like but makes me slower, which I believe will be in my advantage. When I just restarted the checkpoint at the ending and skipped the speed-up (but thus being normal size to start with), it somehow gave me the impression It was easier to get more clones. Haven't tried that at the smallest size yet though.

17. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

It is a very irritating and unstable level. And yes, bad news for you guys, it is like 70% LUCK.

If you are at the same size as my video, it is a good size.
    You have to NOT touch the screen at all at the part after you put the clones inside the thing that drops and go through the lasers, if you don't touch the screen almost all of them will go through the lasers ( just don't touch the screen at this part)...
    And then there is the rotating thing at the finale, which is mostly luck, but you need to pay attention and not let one clone get hit and go too much forward because your clones will die from the screen, try to keep them together.
    Anyway, you have to be very insistent, if it didn't work out, just try again. I'm sure both of you will get at least a 10+.

18. ShiV

ShiV True Gamer

Last post didn't really motivate me, thought there would be a super high-end chic0-style trick in order to do it. Only tried once or twice after and left it for what it was. Half hour ago thought let's try it again, first time I ended up with just 2 or 3 clones, the few tries after I didn't make it in 1 try so practiced a bit at the final part like that, also from checkpoint. Last time when I did 1-try it (though not getting to take the size-down behind the laser, so leaving me at your size) I got 12 :) Had 16 left after the turning whack-a-clone things, unfortunately lost 3 while bumping to the floor/ceiling and 1 in the lasers. But indeed, not touching the screen helps, even though you have to convince your mind about this since you'll automatically want to keep pressing the clones in that spinning cabin. After that is for a big part a matter of luck indeed, the bottom whacker took the first few clones but fortunately they were smashed into the floor, not all the way forward. So, potential.

/Edit: Very next try; Did take that size-down this time, but unfortunately being that small made me miss the slower powerup at the last accelerator. Left me being pretty fast. Got 17 clones after those spinning whack-things but only 6 remained at the end, my own speed made me lose a lot of them.

/Edit 2: Another few hours later I tried again last night, got 17 :) Recorded this with my previous phone, but will wait a bit before uploading this to youtube as I feel 20+ should be pretty doable soon. If I won't get that before tonight I''ll put it on anyway.

19. Straitorden

Straitorden Well-Known Member

You guys are the fantastic guys. 17 and 18 clones after about 40 or 50 attempts passing through the whack-a-clone thing in the final part seem to be an unattainable dream. Not touching the screen helps, but not enough to pass through the rotating things immediately thereafter. Still have a maximum of 9 clones

20. ShiV

ShiV True Gamer

Sorry for the late upload, have been trying to up my clonecount here a bit but didn't work out, though the most times I got there I got around 10, 11, 13, 16, 16, 17 (all have been there). Besides that I suddenly really played a lot of coop, just after I repeatedly said I have no interest there ;P . Anyway, you have to try for yourself to get a grip on it, but as you will see in the video I believe it's best to start pressing the screen at the moment that rotating cage with the clones is all the way down (or just even before).