Downtime

Discussion in 'DOOMSDAY' started by Wheat1328, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Wheat1328

Wheat1328 Ultimate Survivor Moderator

[​IMG]

DOWNTIME

Missions

[​IMG]

Clones Saved

Add your own Clone Counts into the Clone Saving Spreadsheet >>HERE<<

Playthrough

Note: This is just a simple "Survive with one try" playthrough to show off this level here in the Badlands Forum.

2. stone3416

stone3416 Active Member

This may be my least favorite level in doomsday. I hate the crazy physics of super sensitive near the top and slow mo towards the bottom. I have no idea of the best way to get through the spiked bomlets near the end either. Sometimes you can breeze right through and other times it takes 10 tries to get past! And if I make it through the spiked bombs, then the lasers in the next section zap me everytime. Once I get the missions completed and the 1-try achievement, I'm saying goodbye to this level for good! 23 saved clones is good enough.

3. Wheat1328

I just figured out the bottom half is slow and the top half is fast. Hahaha. Only took me a few dozen playthroughs! :lol:

4. Wheat1328

Put the max at 32. That seems very unlikely but if you get 12 through the portals (which isn't too hard) and then all 12 through the saws (which is the hard part) then you'd easily get the 32. Feel free to object - I'm interested in what everyone else thinks!

5. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

I feel lucky passing 6 clones through the saws already, idk about 32, but yeah more is definetely possible.

6. Wheat1328

Yeah, I got 5 through. I think 7 or 8 might be possible, but it'll be tough to get anymore than that I think.

EDIT: Just got 6 through so I matched your number Chico of 26! 7+ is going to require some luck. I had 12 sitting there and only got 6 through.

EDIT 2: Potential break-through! Had 8 at the final saws, lost 1. My phone's about to die so may be awhile before I can try and improve. Up to 27 though!! :D

7. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

Cool!!

I think if you really align them, you may be able to pass some more, i'm investing on getting more on shields, i will be happy with 45, or at least the 42 i already got into the end but lost 2 on the lasers which is not very hard.

8. Wheat1328

Got 29!! I think 30 may be the max, but I'm sure Chico or ogster will manage to get beyond 30

9. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

Wow, actually 32 its really possible, you can dodge one or even two big powerups at those lasers part.

10. Wheat1328

:D :D :D Yepers!

It's still really hard to get all 12 to the saws, then through the saws. On my 29 run I got 11 to the saws and lost 2. Its a tricky balancing act to get them all through.

11. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

On this run do you remeber if you dodged the two bigger powerups or only one?

12. Wheat1328

You dodge the two big powerups right before the portals. The one on the ground in the lasers and the one right above the super clone powerup

13. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

Yeah, i was having trouble dodging the second powerup, but now i got 29.

Are you saying you reached the end with 31, but lost on those up and down time section? You're a ninja

14. Wheat1328

No. I was saying I had 11 at the saws. Lost 2 so had 9. Then got the powerups for 29

15. Wheat1328

I see you just got 30 here as well! Nice work!

Do you think more than 30 is possible? It's really hard to line up 11 or 12 in a straight line to get them through the saw. I got 10 through 3 times but could never get 11+

I posted a video on Everyplay and YouTube as well. ;)

16. ogster

ogster Elite Member

i managed 32! i used some early magic. here's where being small really helps. i came to the lasers already small so i didn't have to avoid the last enlarger. sorry folks, i was trying to upload the video but internet connection is messed up. the philippines has very poor internet service and makes for troublesome video posting.

watching the replay, i realize i should have gone for 33. i will try to get that extra clone someday.

17. Wheat1328

Nice! I knew one of you guys would get it

18. On the first time you try this level,you would die a lot because of the height you are in the level.Yet time goes faster if you go up,and time goes slower if you go down.This trick will help you and you will probably get straight one-tries in this level. :idea:

19. What? You can already find that in other replays that people ha be done already! :shock: :shock: :shock:

20. Wheat1328

Not sure if trolling....????
    You realize that post was made months ago, and only after playing it a handful of times right after DOOMSDAY was released. At that time there were a grand total of 0 videos.