Clonetron

Discussion in 'DOOMSDAY' started by Wheat1328, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Ben Thumbs

Ben Thumbs Clone Master Moderator

I guess that's a good lesson for us. i.e. don't assume they'll know about bugs, or that other people will find them and notify them. It would have been great for this to have been fixed in this latest update for you mission masters and no doubt it would have been patched if we informed them about it as soon as it was identified here. Should we have a designated bug reporter?

2. Wheat1328

Wheat1328 Ultimate Survivor Moderator

Might not be a bad idea but they got back to me pretty fast on FB. Next time I'll just notify them sooner. Lesson learned.

3. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

I think this should left in the hands of everyone here. While multiple bug reports talking about different things each time can prove overloading for Frogmind to read, one whole bug report on several different bugs make it overwhelming to read for one little message. Imagine the wall of text! There is certain truth that reporting individually can result in duplicate bug reports, so for that reason I feel that we simply need a thread to set up to inform others here the bug is acknowledged and reported to Frogmind.

I reported my crash on iTouch 4G, but of course couldn't had reported the bug on Blockworks.

4. Wheat1328

You've got some work to do Chico! :D :D

(Video linked in first post :D )

5. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

Wow, well done, awesome!!! Keep it up, let's put this max to 500!

6. AndroidUser

AndroidUser Active Member

It seems to me that when bonuses fall on lasers - this is considered a touch. That is supposed to go through so that bonuses also did not hit anything. Where this is not possible, you just need to take bonuses.
    Otherwise it's too easy task, does not look like Doomsday.

7. Wheat1328

I tried. There's no way it possible to make it through that level without letting a powerup get zapped. And if you try to get the powerups that would get zapped you'll end up with multiple clones, which will lead to getting large powerups, which will kill you. It's not possible. It has to be glitched.

Maybe it's similar to Clonespikes, where all the powerups are suppose to be stuck in place but are currently being attracted to the clones. If that's the case, save your clones now! :lol:

8. AndroidUser

Clear. I also tried some time, but suggested that maybe I just do not have enough skill.

It is unlikely. Here drawing of the level itself implies that they attract.

9. AndroidUser

What we have:
    1. At the start inevitably taken two Fast Powerup.
    2. Passage without touching the lasers performing missions are not counted. Thus some bonus disengaged and fall on the floor or lasers.
    3. Complete so that bonuses are not falling (those who have fallen, to take) is not possible.

Conclusions can be drawn:
    - Take a bonus touch is not considered;
    - Touch the laser likely to is not considered touch (the clone and bonus);
    - Touch the walls considered touch (clone and bonus).

Need to try to fly so that bonuses are not busted walls, and you can burn extra clones and bonuses.
    I checked that it really is doable. But I have not had time to verify the correctness or incorrectness, so I decided to share my thoughts.

10. Wheat1328

PROBLEM RESOLVED!!!

Kinda. Here's the message I just got from Frogmind:

11. AndroidUser

Excellent!
    Today I received the same answer.

12. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

Oh, great, do you know if it is both Clonetron and Blockworks?

13. Wheat1328

I don't. But I did tell them about Blockworks. I said "if the hidden achievement is hit nothing I think it may be glitched as well" but they never responded to that comment. So if that's it I assume it will be fixed as well. Probably just didn't want to confirm to me that that is the hidden achievement.

14. Hj326

Hj326 Hypercloner

So will we need to re-achieve those or will it remember?

15. Wheat1328

Since it's a bug it never recognized the achievement so you'll have to re-achieve it

16. phil

phil Well-Known Member

I used to suck in Clonetron, but now I play it a "little bit" easier ;)

n0phun and Bulldog like this.
  17. n0phun

n0phun Master of Disaster Moderator

You bastard! A night with nearly no sleep again! ;-)
    Still under 40, but rising. Thanks!

Last edited: May 6, 2015
    phil likes this.
  18. phil

phil Well-Known Member

I couldn't resist, sorry :smile:

welcome to the 50s!

Bulldog and <|-|!<0 like this.
  19. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

Amazing Phil.

just tried and improved to 45.

The timing of the lasers appears to change tho, doesn't seem to be always the same on all runs.

20. ShiV

ShiV True Gamer

Thought this was discussed somewhere on the forums already but can't seem to find it, at least I remember that I wanted to go and try this since it was changed, but completely forgot about it. Nice find @phil! Actually didn't take me that long after you posted the 47 run to make that as well, but at that time you almost achieved your 50 run already :D

Getting past 50 took me a while longer. After getting 47 I was trying to (just like I saw chic0 tried to manipulate on Everyplay/Youtube) manipulate the timing in this level. The timing itself is as steady as it can be. The thing is when you bump into something, that slows you down, the lasers act just the same all the time. So when you're slowed down and arrive at the lasers a bit later than in phil's videos, they have moved along in that time. Chico I saw tried to wait a bit, aiming that the lasers hopefully would be in his advantage like that. I myself thought that phil always should've been ahead a liiitle bit, since those lasers at the end appear to be closing down just a minor moment too early. So I tried on shooting my clones forward, and finally it worked as I hoped:

Playing like this is frustrating though, 1 little mistake and poof 20 clones are gone. Still, with an almost flawless try I think (what chic0/n0phun already discussed on youtube I believe) mid 60's, perhaps even towards 70 clones should be possible. I counted the number of clones I could've had at the most if I wouldn't have lost any and that would've been 60. Add that superclone that burned in my try with it makes 70. Not likely to be made all that quick but might even be possible. That superclone is a bitch to get indeed, best way is (saw chic0 did the same in 1 of his recordings) when you have 2 (or more) clones alive when you take the first slower powerup, and those 2+ have a small distance in between. That way you can try to let the left side take the size-down, and the right side the superclone.

Oh @Chic0, the lasers after the speed powerup somewhere in the middle aren't random, they adjust towards your position. In one of your videos the first laser at the ceiling was longer and the one at the bottom short, that's because your flock of clones was in a little bit lower oriented part of your screen. If you would've flown just a few milimeters higher it would've been like the next few lasers. Took me a while to realise this as well, still messes up some of my runs :(

/Edit: @FBI Light Rock; Can't enter my 53-score in the spreadsheet. Could you alter the values for this one? Not sure what others think but my guess is the score might even hit 70. Perhaps change it to 65 as a max for now?

Last edited: May 7, 2015
    n0phun likes this.