Two Thumbs or 2+ Players?

Discussion in 'COOP' started by Flamingjazz, May 22, 2014.

1. Flamingjazz

Flamingjazz Hardcore Gamer Moderator

With the release of Coop, it has been debated.

So, which do you prefer and why?
    And what are the advantages and disadvantages to your playing style?

I prefer two thumbs.
    Why: It is more inconvenient to find other people to play with you. It's not as if Ogster and Kullua get together often to play Coop (do they? I wouldn't know) so trying to get a lot of clones or complete missions can be frustrating.
    It also is more fun to try two different thumbs. It really messes with your brain to try to control two different clone types at the same time.
    It's quite fun to play it this way.
    In my opinion, the disadvantage to doing it is it takes time to get used to and the missions "No one dies" become really frustrating. It becomes a little easier when you have others helping you with that.
    However, it would really be an interesting experience to do either Coop or multiplayer online with other skilled players :)

2. Hj326

Hj326 Hypercloner

2 thumbs is boring. What's REALLY fun is resting your device on your last three digits and using thumb/pointer on each hand. BTW just broke 2000 :)

3. Flamingjazz

Flamingjazz Hardcore Gamer Moderator

That works. How effective are the missions being accomplished?
    2000? I'll be getting there. Haven't been on that much.

Just for clarification, The overall question is, for the sake of missions and fun, would Coop be better done with multiple people or multiple fingers?

4. Ben Thumbs

Ben Thumbs Clone Master Moderator

I'm also an index fingers coop player and not thumbs. :lol:

I find the challenge of just completing levels myself fun because it's quite a brain warp, but playing with other people is also fun but in a different way. I haven't tried to complete missions etc. but I think that would have to be easier if you were playing with another skilled player. (I usually just play COOP BADLAND with students for a bit of fun).

5. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

I actually find both quite enjoyable. I prefer 2+ players though. It's a lot of fun working with others. Even though we don't give a hoot about missions, it's still fun nevertheless.

But 2 thumbs is a nice challenge. I did ever say I played multiplayer alone before, and find that pretty enjoyable! It is quite hard on my Laggy iTouch, so I haven't been able to complete some of the missions especially those that include No One Dies. Once I get a better device though, it should be a fun challenge!

But I do agree it's not easy to grab good enough partners to play coop nicely. So that does make some missions hard to complete, since doing them solo can be hard as hell. Never mind that, it's enjoying the game that matters. :)

6. Hj326

Hj326 Hypercloner

Either way, squared: hit nothing will be impossible. It didn't work for me when I left one guy on the start pad without leaving It in the first place but it failed. I may have messed it up though.

7. Dan

Dan Member

It is possible... I did it last night with two thumbs. I tried leaving one at the start with several different color combos but finally I decided to actually attempt it. Surprisingly I got it after 30 minutes or so of play time. Now I just got three more missions to go!!

8. dubz131

dubz131 Bot Lover

i personally HATE coop because it's impossible to get certain missions/clones by yourself (i was able to beat all levels by myself, though) and also achievements (though i was able to get a few)...but it screws with my overall score and percentage, imo - and yes, that stuff does matter to me...every time i go to game center and click on badland i always have to see how i'm missing 11 when i should REALLY only be missing 1 (3 kilos in single player which i am currently still striving for)...but instead, i'll always have some achievements missing because of coop; and the hidden coop achievements? please, another impossible to do by yourself as i have tried and tried (there's 3 i still need where you have to like beat the level without either original clone dying - haha, yea RIGHT!)

so there ya go, my personal hatred of coop......i am sooooo happy badland 2 does not contain coop and will never contain coop because of how much bigger the worlds are (thank you!)...the online competition is much more pleasing and satisfying that coop.

but i will say this, IF coop in badland 1 was able to play with another player over the internet then ok, that would make sense....but for someone like me who plays on an itouch 6, how the hell would 2 people in the same area be able to play regardless? my screen is already small enough.

good thought on paper, bad execution.