iPhone 6

Discussion in 'GENERAL DISCUSSION' started by Wheat1328, Sep 12, 2014.

1. Wheat1328

Wheat1328 Ultimate Survivor Moderator

Anyone upgrading to the iPhone 6 or 6+?

My wife and I are both going with the 6 Plus. Going to have to wait a while though - already 4-6 weeks on estimated shipping only 5hrs after the websites started working and taking pre-orders! :shock:

Looking forward to playing the next update on a bigger screen!!! :D

Maybe I'll go back any try a few levels - seems like having a larger screen is helpful... Watch out Chico :lol: :lol:

2. Ben Thumbs

Ben Thumbs Clone Master Moderator

I hate the idea of a bigger phone myself (think some of the huge Android phones look bloody ridiculous) but will no doubt get an iPhone 6 when I move back to Australia next year. :eh:

And it's also thrown plans for a couple of games I'm working on back into head scratching mode, due to playing games on these iBricks with one hand/thumb in portrait maybe being an issue. :wtf:

3. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

I'm a fan of ipads, but i saw on facebook that badland will have a especific version for iphone 6, does that mean it will be different for other devices?

Because i remember when i still had ipad 1 and there was some details missing if compared to the other version ( like those bubbles making weird noises along with the poison plants - example on level clonedrops)

And yeah wheat, come get me... i would probably be a lot of clones behind if it wasn't for some of your discoveries... so you are never that far away. I'm kind of done tho even if saving more clones is always a really good feeling.

I'm trying to go further on ALONE, this game is for crazy bastards... freaking hard man.

4. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

And yeah, a larger screen is very helpful, if i was you i would stick with the iphone you have and buy an ipad, i agree with Lunartic, bigger phones looks weird...

5. Wheat1328

Yeah I kinda agree. But I rarely ever use the phone as a phone. It's all email and text and web and twitter and games, etc. so it's kinda like a mini mini iPad. Especially now that some of the apps will operate the same as an iPad. I think in 2-3 yrs there won't be iPad and iPhone apps. They'll all be iOS apps that work on everything. It's moving that way.

Plus the higher res screen, better camera, better battery... It's a no brainer for me and what I want it for.

6. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

Thoughts on the new look? ( you can see it here - https://everyplay.com/videos/9473075 )

I personally think it looks really beautiful, but i'm not sure if i would like those lights getting in the way of the gameplay, so i'm part glad that this doesn't happen on my ipad 4, but also mad cause they are updating graphics for new devices only and making old ones ( which i bought recently) get behind and creating a need to be replaced.

7. Wheat1328

Wait.....what???.....

This is what they've been doing??? What was wrong with it before???

I don't get what's going on. :? :? :?

8. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

I think it's only for helping apple sell iphones, like, " hey, Badland will look much better on the new iphone 6 only, throw your older device in the trash" but i don't want lights blinding me while i play, thank you.

And something totally out of subject... B16DAZ is pulling some insane scores... 44 on fly, 35 on lifeless, 35 on districts, WHATTTT? Amazing :wtf:

9. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

The new effects definitely look pretty, but will agree this will get in the way of saving copious clones, and even doing missions. Took a look at the new graphics through that little everyplay video showcasing Orbiting. Apple was advertising iPhone 6 to have console-like graphics but honestly this little upgrade didn't made me feel like it was very console-like...perhaps it was because the blinding light obscured the enhanced graphics?

Just hope that this crazy glaring effect can be switched off at will. If not, it's nothing more than an advertising avenue for Badland and iPhone 6, as well as a hindrance to gameplay.

Sometimes I don't get the rationale of large and bulky smartphones these days. Phones are meant to be portable and easy to take out and use to stay in contact. Have anyone thought of how strange is desperately taking out a bulky ringing phone of their bags and answering it? But anyway, some people resort to using headsets instead to serve the phone function for their phablets. For me, I think it just wastes battery. For other functions such as serving the net, i think it's fine. (Perhaps for WhatsApp and Telegram, it's gonna be quite a trouble typing quickly on a soft keyboard) No thanks...

Haven't been playing Badland. My Android phone is damaged and I'm going to get a new one to replace it. Well, what ya know, B16DAZ is the king of impossible things. ;) 35 on Lifeless was a little unbelievable; that means getting 3 clones through the saw arena being square! Wow! :D The other 2 records are a little more believable, Imo.

10. Ben Thumbs

Ben Thumbs Clone Master Moderator

And now all iPhone6 and 6+ owners are walking around holding their giant phones all day because they're terrified of putting them in their pockets or bag because the phones bend out of shape so easily!!! What a focking joke! :crazy: Well played Apple :clap:

11. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

Coming from B16DAZ they are all believable, but the 35 on lifeless sounds more doable to me than the 35 on districts.

And i saw this thing that the iphone 6 bend. I actually think that with me it wouldn't since i'm very careful, but apparently it doesn't need that much force to bend it, weird.

And yes, i hope the LIGHT effect can be turned on and off if enabled in next updates, it will always be off for me, except if i was going to show to someone how pretty it is, :angel:

I strongely think this is an advertisement play between badland and iphone, a mutual one, badland helps apple and apple helps badland.

12. Wheat1328

Finally got my 6 Plus. Freaking awesome! The larger screen is so great - you guys saying it's too big are nutso and need to hold one. ;) :lol:

It was weird playing Badland on a bigger screen though. Even a regular sized clone seems like a got a couple large powerups. But I like the added effects. After a couple hundred hours it's nice to have a change. I don't feel like it will effect clone saving but I only played a few levels (I'm pretty rusty :? ) so I guess that's still TBD.

Hopefully Frogmind will release some more levels soon!