Bad Music

Discussion in 'DAYDREAM' started by Wheat1328, Dec 18, 2014.

1. Wheat1328

Wheat1328 Ultimate Survivor Moderator

[​IMG]
    BAD MUSIC

Missions
    [​IMG]

Clones Saved
    Add your own Clone Counts into the Clone Saving Spreadsheet >>HERE<<

Playthrough

Note: This is just a simple "Survive with one try" playthrough to show off this level here in the Badlands Forum.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2015
  2. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

To everyone who got 11 clones for this level:

How did you guys achieve this? Did you guys avoid 1 or 2 Big power - ups? I know that the very last Big power - up after the spinner power - up is avoidable, but did you guys avoid one of the 2 Big power - ups in the tiny passageway just before the last section of spikes (playing one of the classic FFVII ringtones :P )?

3. n0phun

n0phun Master of Disaster Moderator

You're at 10 clones, why would 11 make such a big difference that one needs to avoid one more big powerup to achieve it? I don't think it's possible to avoid one of the two, passageway is to small. But you never know how Chico, B16DAZ and Straitorden may act. ;-)

You avoided the second fast forward powerup right at the beginning? I think you must have to get 10. I only noticed it had to be possible to avoid it from the results, seemed impossible to me to get 11 - or 10 - through at highest speed.

Another possibility might be to draw the superclone powerup a little before actually getting it.

Other questions: is it possible to avoid the third (single) fast forward powerup somehow? And why is the max set to 12 when you can bring at least 3 clones to the superclone?

4. FBI Light Rock

If 11 clones is achievable just by avoiding the last Big power-up, then 13 clones is achievable since you don't have to avoid any of the 2 big power-ups at the small passageway. But if the slightly bigger size does not permit 11 clones, then avoiding 2 Big power-ups will become a must to get 11, which will then be the max. However, I achieved 10 clones through avoiding a total of 2 Big power-ups. It IS possible to avoid one of the 2 Big power-ups in the small passageway. You just need to hold back a bit and then dash through the gap between them.

I think you misread it. The 2 Fast power-ups at the start are unavoidable. Tried dodging them but to no avail.

Dodging the 3rd one seems impossible. Even if it were possible, the spikes playing to the tune of the Christmas carol may block the path ahead.

It's better to just skip over the superclone power-up since you don't need so many clones. But it's not a neccesity. I've only managed a max of 2 clones across the final set of spikes so never thought 13 was possible, but now that you said it is possible, I'll change it. ;)

5. ShiV

ShiV True Gamer

Wrong, second one is pretty easy to avoid, tip; don't try to jump from the start. Attract it a liiiitle bit, and then try to jump over it ;)

6. n0phun

n0phun Master of Disaster Moderator

Interesting definition of easy, I had to do some tries before it worked out. Still lucking only in one of five to ten (or more) tries. The beast is following me when I jumped it. Your description how to do it is good, anyway. Might add that to my feeling it is best done just after taking in the first one, in what feels like one sweep.

@FBI Light Rock: and no, the spikes don't block the way if you are one powerup slower. Seems to me that they are going down as the first clone gets through. Three can get through if they are in a (nearly) vertical row.

7. FBI Light Rock

Yeah looks like I was wrong there. After some practice I was able to dodge consistently. It does take a bit of warming up though. After a while I was able to pull it off almost every other time.

Still doesn't seem to help in getting more than 11 clones though. Could consistently get a little higher with one speed down, but can't get past 10. Maybe I just don't have the luck anymore. (Sometimes you just have to be kind of lucky to have the clones nicely lined up)

True, seems like the speed doesn't matter. You'll most likely make it through even with 2 speed down. Regarding dodging the 3rd Speed Up power-up, it SEEMS possible but VERY difficult. I was able to dislodge it slightly once but still failed to dodge it nevertheless. It probably is really too hard to nail it even consistently.

I actually managed to bring 4 clones through the last set of spikes once. Seems to me that size matters over speed in saving the clones here though. I'll leave the max of 14 open, but I doubt anyone will get more than 11. Let's hope I'm proven wrong.

8. ShiV

ShiV True Gamer

Totally missed your comment, sorry for the late response :) Well, relatively easy I mean ;P If you play a level like react, where you might slow down time as much to be playing 15 minutes for one round and still screw up at the end, than this is pretty easy yeah;) Missed, retry, missed, retry, matter of seconds.