Clonefest

Discussion in 'DAY II' started by Ben Thumbs, Nov 19, 2013.

1. Ben Thumbs

Ben Thumbs Clone Master Moderator

[​IMG]

CLONEFEST

Missions

[​IMG]

Clones Saved

Add your own Clone Counts into the Clone Saving Spreadsheet >>HERE<<

Playthrough

Note: This is just a simple "Survive with one try" playthrough to show off this level here in the Badlands Forum.

2. Ben Thumbs

BADLANDS DAY II: NIGHT - CLONEFEST gets my vote for the most frustrating BADLAND level currently available.

I just want to smash that frickin laser at the end against a break wall, set fire to it and then send the ashes off into orbit.

ARRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH

3. Ben Thumbs

Why?
    Why?
    Why?
    Why?
    Why?

[​IMG]

:crazy: :wtf: :thumbdown:

4. Ben Thumbs

FINALLY that damn last laser didn't drop on me and I could complete a half decent run through :!:

BADLAND DAY - II: NIGHT - CLONEFEST
    77 Clones Saved. :D

5. grandmort

grandmort Elite Member Moderator

That lazer ruined so many 80+ runs for me... :oops: :oops: :oops:

6. Wheat1328

Wheat1328 Ultimate Survivor Moderator

Wow! :shock: Nice job ogster!!! :clap:

7. ogster

ogster Elite Member

thanks, zach. didn't take matt33 very long to match it.

8. Wheat1328

Wheat1328 Ultimate Survivor Moderator

From the Spreadsheet

9. ShiV

ShiV True Gamer

Actually just found a little different way from chic0 to improve this to maybe even 100+, only thing that's blocking me from up until now 97-99 scores is the rest of the level after I took the speed powerup. How flawless chic0 played that one is extremely hard to do. Also just ruined some 92 scores by playing dumb with the laser just after the portals :(

10. ShiV

ShiV True Gamer

Grmbl, last few days ruined a few darn good runs, were a few with 94 clones up until the last 2 lasers... Ruined al shots. Well, at least I upped my score from 88 to 90, and I get a better and better handling at getting as many clones as I can (including the superclone at the bottom) past the last saws before the portals, looking good at chic0's golden 93-run. Anyway, I've recorded that little difference I spoke of one post higher already, will upload that later today so everyone might has some advantage from it. First I turn myself around again, lazy Sunday-morning deserves another good sleep ;)

/Edit: A bit later then I promised:

Even though this isn't nearly as good as this can be, it shows how possibly even 100+ clones can be achieved. At first, collect your 'flock' of clones at the bottom. About when a saw-wheel right besides you appears, take off to the ceiling. You need to get some feeling for this, but if you bounce into the ceiling, and then start moving towards the right, you should be able to separate your flock into 2 (by having a bunch sawed into pieces), best is to have just 1 or 2 at the top part and a lot at the bottom. Then try to let the 1 or few clones on top slingshot the superclone that's waiting for you past the next saws, meaning this one will be taken later. This way you won't lose any clone you normally most likely would from this superclone. The bottom part of your flock then goes to the remaining superclone up top, and finally you'll have to get past the second range of saws.

Like this I already managed to get - I believe - 14 clones being the bottom part. That plus the superclone on top gives 24, and then there's 30 waiting after those saws. That gave 54 clones already, 50 left in the rest of the level to collect would theoretically let 104 clones be possible. In this run I showed you I had 43 clones after the saws, what would give a maximum of 93 to finish.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2015
    phil likes this.
  11. ShiV

ShiV True Gamer

Soooo, it seems that the different approach I just posted a video of a few days back one post before works :) Too bad that damn laser at the end still had to take 1 clone, otherwise would've even been 95. Still, there's room for improvement, in my eyes above 100 should be possible!

12. Straitorden

Straitorden Well-Known Member

More realistic I think is the number of clones close to 100: 97-99. 100+ is theoretically possible, but it’s extremely hard not to lose any clones after taking the speed powerup..