BADLAND Level Editor beta testing feedback

Discussion in 'LEVEL EDITOR' started by Jaakko, Aug 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaakko

Jaakko Administrator Staff Member Frogmind

Hello and welcome to test the BADLAND Level Editor!

This thread is used for reporting issues, and giving feedback for the beta version of BADLAND Level Editor.

Be creative and go crazy creating all kinds of stuff. We encourage you to test any and all features of the editor! Don't be too gentle with the editor. You can go and try to break it, by doing all kinds of wacky stuff which you're not supposed to normally do. That's the best way to find issues hidden under the hood.

Also use the editor in a normal way, just by building cool levels. Observe what's easy to do, what's difficult, what's missing etc.

We are interested in discovering all kinds of issues and problems with the editor, roughly in this order
    1. Bugs, when something doesn't work, or works differently as it is supposed to
    2. Usability issues, when something is difficult to use, or you thought it would work differently from how it does
    3. Feature suggestions, when you think some obvious or simply handy feature is missing
    When reporting issues, please write short, but long enough, description of the issue.
    Also include steps how to repeat the issue (if it's not completely obvious how it happens):

Example:
    1. Add any object to a level
    2. Go to that object's properties
    3. Toggle physics ON -> disable gravity -> toggle physics OFF
    4. Test level and observe the game crashing

Please notice

After you have installed the beta version of BADLAND, DO NOT return to using the App Store version on any of your devices. If you have multiple devices, please update to beta version on all of them. Playing the store version after playing the beta version on any of your devices, will result to unrecoverable progress loss.
    Save file formats are incompatible between beta and store versions. You can continue using the App Store version normally after the editor has been launched in the store.

2. Flamingjazz

Flamingjazz Hardcore Gamer Moderator

Sorry, I'm going to re-ask this question here, just for convenience sake.
    The ability to send signals to more than one node, could you create a node that does that?

3. Vicvic91

Vicvic91 Administrator Staff Member Frogmind

1. What is this parameter "Run logic in start" ?
    image.jpg

2. And thoses parameters: how use them and what they do ?
    image.jpg

3. Can you add this Doomsday background too ? I can see it on the last build... :/
    image.jpg

4. Vicvic91

Thanks for the build, Framed is now online :)

Here is a french bug :
    Ligne 3 : "Créés par les JOUEURS"
    image.jpg

5. Jaakko

1. Uhh... I'll try to find out :)

2. "UI scales" changes the UI elements size in the editor. Doesn't have effect on levels.
    "Object duplicate offset" changes how much new object is *moved* when you create it from the duplicate button.

3. Looks like Night's background template 3 with modified colors is pretty close to that?

6. Vicvic91

Thanks @Jaakko for your answer !

I just retry to play on my iPhone... And here my issues :

With this screen in french, the text is truncate.
    image.jpg

I can't reconnect to my Game Center account, so I can connect on Vicvic91 :/
    But I'm already connected !
    image.jpg image.jpg

7. Vicvic91

image.jpg image.jpg So, I just click on "Connect to Facebook" in my friend's folder.

Now I can see my published levels, but I can't access to my levels in the editor.

8. Jaakko

Hey! That game center issue sounds bad :/ Do you have the latest build 132 from TestFlight?
    And you're sure you've connected to the Game Center from device settings?

9. Vicvic91

The last build is 130 on TestFlight.

There is no way to reconnect on Badland ? I don't have see the GameCenter banner when I start the app, so I think I'm not connected.
    But when I click on GameCenter's sign only I have the message that "I'm not connected"

10. Jaakko

In the BADLAND main menu > tap earth icon > on the leaderboards view there should be game center icon on top > what happens if you tap it?

11. Vicvic91

Only this screen, no way to reactive connection
    image.jpg

12. Jaakko

Have you been connected to GC before in BADLAND beta build(s)?

Have you been using multiple GC accounts on same or different devices?

13. Vicvic91

Progress syncronised via iCloud in my iPhone, so I think there is why I can see levels in "My levels folder".

I just check on my iPad, I'm not connected too and same way with the GC icon

14. Jaakko

Have you had the Game Center login popup appear inside BADLAND before?

15. Vicvic91

Sorry @Jaakko, I don't really remember...

In first beta maybe, but since my last problem with my account sync, I don't really care this... :/

Sure, in the last builds, no.

16. Jaakko

There's an issue with iOS, that if you press "Cancel" multiple times inside a game's "Login to Game Center" popup, you will be locked out from that application's Game Center. So far the only fix we know for this is to do a factory reset on that device.

17. Vicvic91

Ouch !

And no way to implemant a Badland account ?

18. Flamingjazz

I haven't had that problem "pressing cancel so many times and being locked out of the device"
    But just so you're aware, I've never had the game center banner come down in my game

19. Flamingjazz

In fact, I've never had it ask to connect to game center befor, it's never done the white banner from the top of the screen, and my leaderboards have never worked.
    I have just assumed it's because I'm on Testflight, and if it's supposed to be able to connect to game center, then it's never done so. My other games connect to game center still.

20. Flamingjazz

@Vicvic91 "Run logic in start":
    I've asked that question before, Johannes answered (I think) and replied saying the game ran all the logic of the level inside of the game before one played the level, and that it was rare for a level to need it, and it was used mostly to help with animations. He said that they were thinking of taking it out because it wasn't really necessary, but apparently they didn't take it out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.