BADLAND Level Editor beta testing feedback

Discussion in 'LEVEL EDITOR' started by Jaakko, Aug 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaakko

Jaakko Administrator Staff Member Frogmind

I checked on iPhone 5s and iPad 4, at least on those devices it doesn't happen. Unfortunately I don't have iPod 5 to test on. Just to make sure, with "camera event", do you mean the camera under "Gameplay" category? And you have updated to the most recent build (138) on TF?

Yeah, confirmed. Camera at the events, not the camera follow camera. Will be fixed on the next build. Thanks for reporting the issue!

Last edited: Sep 2, 2015
    Vicvic91 likes this.
  2. Vicvic91

Vicvic91 Administrator Staff Member Frogmind

Question :

. Editor will be only available on iOS.
    . But will you update Android and WindowsPhone too, with Eternal Day only ?
    . Maybe the player's level section too, without the editor ?

3. Flamingjazz

Flamingjazz Hardcore Gamer Moderator

Yeah and it does that with other items too, if you can't see that.
    It is just most consistent with the camera event.

4. Vicvic91

Hey all !
    No new build this week ? :)

5. Jaakko

We noticed it happening on the background layers as well. Can you name any other object types which causes it to happen on the foreground layer?

6. Flamingjazz

I will try it out and get back to you ASAP

EDIT: It appears just to be the camera on the foreground, although as you say, the background has problems with doing it fairly consistently.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2015
  7. Flamingjazz

image.jpg
    This screen, I've noticed, has started producing corrupt images sometimes.
    The background is completely lost between that left and right part of the image.
    I also was working on updating the beast yesterday to make it possible to survive without being eaten (it IS possible, I promise, I did it), and the image in this box had some very obvious graphics issues, where there was a random assortment of black squares plaguing the image. I didn't save the image because I thought it was perhaps a one time thing.

8. Flamingjazz

Big problem: my level "the beast" is broken on my device.
    ALL of my area triggers turned off "active" and I went and manually fixed them, and now they are triggered before they even have a clone in them.
    The area trigger on my level broke my level, and I can't fix it. If it's on active or not, it activates anyway.

9. Flamingjazz

10. Vicvic91

Maybe a way to recover your level :
    . Play the version that is online
    . At the final, open the editor
    . Save a copy to your levels

On my device, I see no bugs :)

11. Flamingjazz

A bug regarding turrets:
    With at least the pellet shooting turret, when made to the smallest size it can be, the pellets it generates come out at the place where the turret would be the biggest. It has a large space where nothing exists.

12. Miikka

Miikka Elite Member Moderator

@Flamingjazz Were you able to re-open "The Beast" using Vicvics tip? It seemed to work fine on my device too.

13. Flamingjazz

The level works fine, the problem with the level in level world right now is that if you get all the speed power ups (including hidden ones) and escape the teeth, there is a bug with the camera, where it'll kill you and you don't make it to the end portal.
    However, on my device, the area triggers in the level have become corrupted, for some reason.
    I re-saved it and will try to update it again

Will there be a build out soon to fix the iPod screen moving bugs?

14. Flamingjazz

I was wrong @Miikka, the level did not save to my device. A bug, probably, as it would not even when I edited it, likely because I made the level.

15. Miikka

Miikka Elite Member Moderator

Hmm. That is weird. I don't know if the factor here is the author or some other weird bug. This is something we'll look into.

16. Vicvic91

I confirm !
    No way to save a copy of a level when it's 1 of mine :/

17. Jaakko

Hey guys, I tested few levels and saving a copy to device should be working on own levels and others'. When you have opened your or someone's level in editor, please wait / make enough changes to the level, to trigger auto save. It is required to create a copy of the level. The editor menu will show a text below level name if the level was auto saved.

When you have not been able to create copy, did you get the pop up asking if you wish to create a copy?

18. Vicvic91

No popup for me, I maked 2-3 changes bit didn't work

19. Flamingjazz

I'll check that out thanks, and no to your question.

20. Flamingjazz

Will you have a build fixing the screen sliding issues out soon?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.