BADLAND Level Editor beta testing feedback

Discussion in 'LEVEL EDITOR' started by Jaakko, Aug 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flamingjazz

Flamingjazz Hardcore Gamer Moderator

I'm having difficulty understanding why keep alive doesn't keep alive, or what it means if it is already doing so.
    Also, reset in checkpoint isn't working
    Logic gets screwy when lots of items on screen, can you fix that because there will be people and levels with lots of items and logic on screen.
    Is the "big news" a release date for the update?

2. Vicvic91

Vicvic91 Administrator Staff Member Frogmind

Bug with the last update :

. When I try to choose a screenshot on the replay : level play restart automatically

. I have triggers in my levels that don't activate in 1 try, but activate only when my clone retry in a checkpoint. I can't see what I have to do more, and the consequence is that my spaceship "disapear" with the antigravity. @Miikka can you help me fix that ?

3. Vicvic91

I'm ready ! :)

image.jpg

Miikka and Flamingjazz like this.
  4. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

Editing the name simply by deleting character by character is fine. Well, there's not many jailbreak users using this tweak so i guess it's not of a major concern, just thought I'll let you know. :)

Joined late. Started with simply playing around with some of your awesome levels. But after a while I started to try the editor out, but encountering so many problems here and there. I have no clue whether is it my incompetency, or a case of bugs on an older iOS version. For most of the part so far i couldn't get the rotate event to work.

Also, the editor seems to have a habit of changing my values from what i entered, which sounds like some conversion of units or something. Dunno. I could hardly make things work in the editor...:(

5. Vicvic91

Same way too !

When I publish/update a level that I've created, and if I want to see the Replay to change the screenshot of the level :
    . It's not my replay that I see
    . When this other player die, replay stop and the level go to the play-test mode

So I can't get a good screenshot on my level :(

6. Vicvic91

Hey Badland Team ! Stop watching the Apple Keynote :)

Miikka and Flamingjazz like this.
  7. Vicvic91

Bug updating a level :
    . When you replay a level, you can't keep the original screenshot that you add
    . Only are available 3 new screens generated / 1 screen with replay (but this step bug in the last build)

8. Flamingjazz

Flamingjazz Hardcore Gamer Moderator

I can't even update a level:
    Current build makes it impossible to update a level:
    image.jpg

9. Vicvic91

Hey Badland Team !
    So here we are, the new updzte is online :)

I have technical question :
    . Beta-build is more recent than Online-build ? Or they are the same ?
    . With the Online-Build, there is no ED's leaderboards : only World Level saved clones is online

Thanks !

10. Miikka

Miikka Elite Member Moderator

Current beta and store build are the same. New Beta builds might now stop for a moment at least. Because now if we implement a new feature or obstacle in beta, the levels made in beta will crash (or just not work) with everyone who doesn't have the beta build.

11. panuaani

panuaani Member Staff Member Frogmind

Heya! Could you tell the name of the level you were trying to update so we could investigate this issue further?

12. Vicvic91

Well, maybe "block" publication in new beta ?
    So we can try our new levels with new features, and publish them only when the build release on the appstore with "unblock" ?

If you need, I can stop publish new levels if you want to test new beta-build.
    Let's me know ! Eheh :)

13. Miikka

Miikka Elite Member Moderator

Yeah. We'll figure out something. We will also start making more frequent updates to the store. Only problem with store update is the review waiting period, which can sometimes take more than a week to get trough.

Vicvic91 likes this.
  14. Jaakko

Jaakko Administrator Staff Member Frogmind

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.