Promote Your Levels Here!

Discussion in 'FROGMIND'S CHOICE & CONTESTS' started by Vicvic91, Aug 22, 2015.

1. Flamingjazz

Flamingjazz Hardcore Gamer Moderator

I've got one more level up my sleeve before I finish up with Badland for a while. Besides my spiral 2.0 doomsday edition. That'll be out when I can beat my own level.
    (So that makes two more levels, but one more real level)
    Stay tuned for more. Working title is "Pipes" but is subject to change

Vicvic91 and Miikka like this.
  2. Flamingjazz

image.png
    SPIRAL v2 is up.
    Get ready to have the easiest level in the game turn master difficult.
    (Ok so it's not as insane as some of @<|-|!<0 levels, but its pretty close)
    As was challenged by @Vicvic91, NOTHING from the original level was touched, just added upon

Missions:
    --survive in one try
    --Save 10+ clones (I'm curious if @<|-|!<0 could pull 15-20
    --collect all small powerups.

Have fun dying.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2015
    FBI Light Rock, Miikka and Vicvic91 like this.
  3. Flamingjazz

The bug at the final saw is fixed. Just for your info

Vicvic91 likes this.
  4. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

Another teaser for my new level, currently named "Armed" [most likely final name], obviously due to the arms on the clone itself.

Oh dear...someone used the wrong arm and something bad is about to happen...
    image.jpg
    I don't think it'll come out so soon; I'm working hard to fine tune every section i create so that there are no loopholes and the difficulty is just right. I have at least 3.5 sections to go...

I assure you all it will be a very fun level to play...lots of dedication and love has already went towards this level.

Miikka, Vicvic91 and Flamingjazz like this.
  5. Flamingjazz

Teaser for "PIPES":
    Anyone know what a Rube Goldberg machine is?
    https://www.rubegoldberg.com/rube-tube/

You're going to need multiple playthroughs to find all the secrets and Max clone counts. The machines will have more than one function sometimes.

Hopefully out by Saturday night!

6. Flamingjazz

image.png
    I've got a Facebook only sneak peek... It's much more descriptive, and if you give heed to it's advice, you may max out your saved clones options.
    This one shows you the aesthetics of the level. It's not particularly beautiful, but definitely challenging on your first try, unless you know my secret... Then it's really fun! Look for my level coming Saturday!

Vicvic91 and FBI Light Rock like this.
  7. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

Looking foward to playing your level light rock.

8. Hj326

Hj326 Hypercloner

Hopefully in the next week I can have a level done. I really like the idea I have for a first one. My level, LINEARITY, is going to show off something FlamingJazz is going to to help me with. If anyone likes the mechanic behind it, I can try making a template for it.

Vicvic91 likes this.
  9. Flamingjazz

image.png
    PIPES is out.
    Clone saving potential in this level is big time, but saving all those clones is a puzzle wrapped inside of a mystery wrapped in an enigma. :P
    Bugs still, expect updates shortly to fix.
    Have fun! Hard level to make, many secrets lie within. A doomsday mode is under works but only will happen if I can finish tonight for reasons of tomorrow I'm done for a short vacation.
    Sorry the levels short! It is more complicated than anticipated. Hope it's well received!

Vicvic91 likes this.
  10. Hj326

Hj326 Hypercloner

LINEARITY is finished. It's a proof-of-concept/test run, but I'd appreciate any thoughts/suggestions. Have fun!

Vicvic91 likes this.
  11. Vicvic91

Vicvic91 Administrator Staff Member Frogmind

@Flamingjazz :
    PIPES is a very creative level ! One of your best !
    I have to replay ot to save more clones, bit I love the idea that the logic is not'clear with only 1 run, the replay mode is fun because we can try different way and save more clones.
    Great job !

@Hj326 :
    LINEARITY is a great idea ! I love the way with the mine to go back and try to save Clony of this saw !
    It's a short level, when I finish it I just to have more with it.
    Maybe you could add more "puzzle" with this movement :)
    You have. problem with the 10x powerups : only the original clony have the movement. But I think you can't do better with the editor...
    Great job too, a funny 1st level :)

Hj326 likes this.
  12. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

@Flamingjazz :
    Haha, the level isn't even short per say! 30+ m is a pretty long level already, compared to those inferior other levels in the level world!

Great level Flamingjazz! I'm probably going to say about the same thing as Vicvic did...how the level works isn't very clear on first sight (That rock flying off the cogwheel was weird to me, I thought something was attracting it. The rock didn't exhibit consistent behaviour though...sometimes it won't reach the second blower). The number of clones to save is a bit...unpredictable. It all feels too much random in the number of clones to save. Half skill, half luck, I would say in this clone saving aspect. But hey, even official Frogmind levels have this aspect too. :mrgreen:

Other than that randomness, the level is very creative; I particularly love the split paths in the clone saving part.

@Hj326 :
    At first I was very frustrated with this level; I thought that this level had full of "invisible walls" that make this level nothing more like a frustrating maze to navigate. Glad I was wrong after I figured it out after around 10 tries or so! My perception changed 180 once I understood it! :mrgreen:

LINEARITY is a proof of great concept! Right now it feels a little empty when LINEARITY currently shows not many practical uses for this concept, but hey, other people can expand on it, or even you yourself can add more to the level. Design wise is quite bad for now, feels like those immature levels that whack floating objects here and there. Not to worry as usual, it can always be improved on. :)

I presume all 11 clones were meant to be locked into linearity as well?

But one thing though: This level is really hard to one try!

Actually you don't really need to publish a level just containing that template. All other people have to do is to open up your level LINEARITY in the editor, highlight all the logical stuff at the start and save them as a group. But hell, some people are dumb enough not to realize that...

Last edited: Sep 27, 2015
    Hj326 likes this.
  13. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

LINEARITY have amazing concept, great job.

And Flamingjazz levels are always great looking, but i never really know whats going on, lol. (Which gives the levels a good replay value)

Hj326 likes this.
  14. Flamingjazz

Thanks y'all! I need to update it real quick before I get going today. Last minute.
    There's a rather unpleasant bug where if you're too small, it's instant death at the end. It'll be fixed, then I'm curious how many clones you can save, but it doesn't matter.
    Badland has been so much fun! Thanks!

EDIT: Level is updated to be fixed. Thanks!

15. Hj326

Hj326 Hypercloner

Thanks all for the feedback!

16. Hj326

Hj326 Hypercloner

I actually tried to take the fact that there's only 1 restricted clone to my advantage. What I was going to try to do was add a sector where there was a single cloner and you had to do something similar to a split path layout but with only one path, as the clones don't follow the same movement patterns. I sort of gave up on that because I couldn't figure out how to actually plan it in a manner as unique as the rest.

17. Hj326

Hj326 Hypercloner

Also, there's something neat I figured out about how I set it up. Try something: add a checkpoint on an area where the ground is slanted (like right after the first mine wall). Just see what happens.

18. Hj326

Hj326 Hypercloner

Would you guys rather see an improvement to Linearity, or a similar level based on pivots? I have some rather fun ideas I could try with either.

19. Vicvic91

Vicvic91 Administrator Staff Member Frogmind

I just discovered 2 new greats levels tonight :

. Maze Runner with a cool car trip escaping a lazer :)
    image.jpeg

Flowers (part 1&2) with cool boss fight like in Dragon Ball Z :)
    image.jpeg

20. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

Flowers looks beautiful. (Instant Favorite) Part 2 is even better, good stuff.

I gave up on maze runner, hated that car. lol

Flamingjazz likes this.