Promote Your Levels Here!

Discussion in 'FROGMIND'S CHOICE & CONTESTS' started by Vicvic91, Aug 22, 2015.

1. Hj326

Hj326 Hypercloner

Expect more from LINEARITY, likely this week. I have a few more areas planned out that will likely at least double its size. Then, I'll be on to my next project, which will be a direct parallel (no pun intended) to LINEARITY: ORBIT.

2. Hj326

Hj326 Hypercloner

Assuming what I want to do for ORBIT is even possible.

3. Hj326

Hj326 Hypercloner

Got bored. Finished LINEARITY. It's 2x as long as it was before, and probably around that much more difficult.

FBI Light Rock and <|-|!<0 like this.
  4. Hj326

Hj326 Hypercloner

As always, any comments would be awesome.

5. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

On the part with the two buttons and saws, you need to make the camera follow the clone more strictly or fast.

But what you did there is really smart, pretty cool.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
  6. Hj326

Hj326 Hypercloner

Has anyone else had a chance to see what's new with it? I personally feel like it's sort of lacking in decorations but I felt that anywhere I tried to put more might get in the way.

7. Vicvic91

Vicvic91 Administrator Staff Member Frogmind

Can't wait the next Eternal Day level ! :)

8. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

Gosh...Working with large arnaments on the original clone isn't easy at all...a lot of difficulty balancing is needed...

Anyway I haven't stopped working on Armed, so here's a new teaser photo! :mrgreen:
    image.jpg
    Also, does anyone know how to magnetically attract ONLY 2 objects together? I need to attract the power-ups on the clone's arms to the hamster ball.:)

Vicvic91 and Miikka like this.
  9. FBI Light Rock

Just published a new level. It was the first level I was working on before I abandoned it to work on Armed. At that point of time I had little idea of how to use the editor so pardon the poor quality. It's titled "Flood-Chkpt1only" if anyone is interested. I doubt I'll go back to work on it anyway...I've got better ideas to explore. :mrgreen:

10. Stalemate

Stalemate New Member

Hello, everyone! I'm Stalemate, introducing a new mechanic to the game. I've just published my second level, WINGLESS:
    [​IMG]
    The name is pretty self-explanatory. In the level, you are wingless, meaning you can only travel through it via short hops. If any of you are interested, please play it through!

Also, I'm having a bit of trouble getting checkpoints to work with the current setup, so players at the moment are forced to get through it in one try (which is completely possible, mind you).

I'd love to make a template for it if anyone else would like to try out making a "wingless" level. But please, check it out! :D

Last edited: Oct 4, 2015
    Miikka and <|-|!<0 like this.
  11. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

Pretty cool level Stalemate!

It really needs a checkpoint though. I reckon when you add a checkpoint the clone go back to normal mode? Maybe there is a "keep alive" thing that you can select i don't know.

Really fun level though, well done. (My clone was redeemed, lol) I see you got your inspiration on super mario game.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2015
  12. Stalemate

Stalemate New Member

<|-|!<0, unfortunately the way the level is set up is that there is a small rock inside the clone's sprite which is linked to a windblower at a fixed rotation. Because of this (and because of the fact that windblowers act as objects, and the fact that it cannot be linked to the clone itself), it will appear at the original spawnpoint instead of the checkpoint.

I've actually disabled controls and set it to activate the windblower when the screen is tapped, for a period of 0.3 seconds, meaning that it is impossible for the clone to act independently. When I try to add a checkpoint now, because of the windblower's absence, the clone just sits immobile and unable to do anything.

If anyone has a possible solution to this, please let me know!

13. FBI Light Rock

Hey Stalemate,

First of all, pretty cool level you have there! A little hard as well. I found the mechanic to work fine, but it's just weird to have the clone reverse after being on the ground for a while. I do know it's for purpose of overjumping, though.

Just a little flaw I thought I'll let you know: at the part where you take a ride on the beam over the saw, when you hop into the triangles sometimes you'll get utterly stuck and cannot reverse and have to restart the level.

I believe you could try to put windblowers at every checkpoint? I dunno. I'll try it out when I get home later today.

14. Miikka

Miikka Elite Member Moderator

@<|-|!<0
    I just tried your Spydery. Really nice! And a good reminder that Halloween is coming soon. :)

Vicvic91, FBI Light Rock and <|-|!<0 like this.
  15. FBI Light Rock

Spidery was cool! Finally a non-super doomsday level that is a lot more manageable for many players lol. :mrgreen:

However, it seems that one checkpoint is either too hard to pass, or maybe even impossible. There's this part with the zig-zag path, in which at the very end, I can't seem to get out even after I dislodge the 2 Big power-ups. You may need to widen the last straight path a little.

You may also want to disable the invisible blower at the vertical section after the button trigger is pressed (where you dislodge a small cube from the vertical walls), as it makes flying precisely between the poison balls a little hard. I have no qualms even if you don't want to disable it though, I can manage comfortably. :)

The background deserves special mention. Very cool spidies and spidey webs there, and the final boss spider at the end was just...evil. :mrgreen:

Still working on Armed...I'm struggling to think of a concept to pursue for my final 2 sections. I'm thinking of a boss battle...I'll see how it goes!

Vicvic91 likes this.
  16. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

Thanks Mikka! I do what i can since i'm not very skilled in the level makery yet. But cool to see it in frogmind's choice.:)
    Happy and scary Halloween for all of you there.

I'm not sure which part are you talking about, but i tried every checkpoint and they all seem fine.

17. Hj326

Hj326 Hypercloner

So, I published a really early and really short version of ORBIT. It has a lot of potential, but I'm struggling with brainstorming what else I can do with it. Any suggestions?

Miikka and <|-|!<0 like this.
  18. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

Now i think i understand what you are talking about, one of the big powerups were entering the zigzag part, making it impossible to come out. I fixed by changing the powerups location so now they don't get attracted by the clone before he comes out.

Assuming thats what you were talking about, it is fixed.

19. Hj326

Hj326 Hypercloner

So I published a test version of ORBIT. It's really short but hopefully still fun. I'd love any feedback/further ideas for it.

20. Miikka

Miikka Elite Member Moderator

I like it. It was little weird that other sphere could go through stuff and other didn't.

You could try to make a Saw tunnel or maze.

Hj326 and Vicvic91 like this.