Level Editor - Youtube Tutorials

Discussion in 'LEVEL EDITOR' started by Miikka, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Miikka

Miikka Elite Member Moderator

2. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

Thanks mikka. Your tutorials are awesome, and you are really funny. I'm always giggling. They were very helpful and now im better at making the levels. But still having trouble with the more advanced stuff.
    I wonder how vicvic got the hang of it so fast, Antigravity is my favorite level of the whole Eternal thing so far. Specially now that i found out the secret in the finale.

I made a new level called GREY AREA and its pretty hard. Wonder who will survive with one try.

Still need to get better though, so my skills dont get in the way of my creativity.

By the way this is awesome. Frogmind really knows how to interact with their players. Giving us tools
    Ike that? Amazing.

Vicvic91 likes this.
  3. Vicvic91

Vicvic91 Administrator Staff Member Frogmind

You're horrible @<|-|!<0 !
    Grey Area is a doomsday level... without checkpoint !
    I can go only next to the 1st portal, and then your spike whole kill me :)

You're really awesome playing my levels, your the 1st who found all the secret tricky way to save more clones.
    It's the best gift when you make levels : when you know that players replay again and again your levels to found a way :)

4. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

Haha, since i can't make awesome levels like you, i make hard ones to annihilate clones.

But its playable... You just have to find the timing.

And by the way, when i said your levels are almost frogmind level i was wrong, they are frogmind level.

And you are complaining about Grey are when you made a level like spaceship? That one is hardcore.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2015
    Miikka and Vicvic91 like this.
  5. Flamingjazz

Flamingjazz Hardcore Gamer Moderator

@Miikka, is there a way to create a system that responds to where you touch on the screen, like the home screen for the game to change the direction of gravity or where the lasers point?
    If there was, that'd be super amazing, no matter how complicated or mathematical it was:)

6. Miikka

Sadly no. There is no way to read screen touch positions in editor. But it's not bad idea. You could do lot of interesting stuff with this. Doomsday and Daydream menu backgrounds have this kind of touch interaction in them, but the logic was coded outside of badland editor.

Anyway, I add this to the long list of things that would be nice to have. I'll make a video about it if it ever happens.

n0phun and Vicvic91 like this.
  7. Vicvic91

Spaceship is hardcore... but only because I was trying things on it, it was an experimental level eheh :)

8. Hj326

Hj326 Hypercloner

Hey miikka, can I ask you some questions about some higher-level systems I could make? I thought of something that makes LINEARITY look boring. I'd rather not post too much about it publicly, though.

9. Miikka

I wouldn't be too worried about publicly posting your problems. But if you want, you can message me privately.

10. Vicvic91

This new Force object... Seems to be very fun ! Going to add it on my next level, ahah !

11. Miikka

There is going to be tutorial about the new objects too.

Vicvic91 likes this.
  12. Miikka

Ok. Here is video about the new force objects. They are pretty simple but can be used to make all kind of things.

Tutorial - Force Objects

Super zwerver and Vicvic91 like this.
  13. Vicvic91

Ping @AlexthePhoenix12 !
    Here is what you need, a video turorial to make a car. Enjoy ! :)

14. Vicvic91

image.jpeg

Hi @Miikka !

Is there a bug ?
    I'm trying to get an auto replicate mechanism to generate powerups :
    . same parameters
    . with the little cube : all is good
    . with the powerup : bugging the effect

Thanks for your help !

15. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

Hey Vicvic, yes there's a bug with replicating power-ups. I have tried it before when I first started out using the editor.

Some power-ups will appear too small (and may not even be visible), some appear GIGANTIC.

What level are you planning next, Vicvic? Sounds like you are working on something new!

Vicvic91 likes this.
  16. Vicvic91

Surprise !
    You know me more than I think, ahah :)

17. Vicvic91

hey @Miikka !

Thanks for the new Badland build and features :)

I just tryed the Link object, and seems there is a bug :
    . In my let's play for publishing an update on CLONY WAS ALONE, all seems to work good with the arrow
    . When I try the updated legel on Levels World, there is no arrow with Clony : the linked object just dissapear ! :/

Other cool feature will be :
    . possibility to link a group with an object or with Clony

18. Hj326

Hj326 Hypercloner

Is there any way to set the color of just a single object in level 1? I need to be able to do this if I want PROXIMITY to be playable.

19. Miikka

No there is not.

But you could try using BOX/CIRCLE FILLER to tone some areas of the level.
    1. Get BOX/CIRCLE FILLER from the Visuals-category.
    2. Go to properties of the filler object.
    3. Change MainColor and SecondaryColor to something else than black.
    4. Set CUSTOM BLEND on.
    5. Experiment with BlendSource and BlendDestination properties.

20. Hj326

Hj326 Hypercloner

Eh, I decided to just make do with particle effects. But thanks!