Promote Your Levels Here!

Discussion in 'FROGMIND'S CHOICE & CONTESTS' started by Vicvic91, Aug 22, 2015.

1. Super zwerver

Super zwerver Well-Known Member

Wowowow! How did you do that all in just 10 seconds!

Vicvic91 likes this.
  2. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

The level i've been working on for 1.5 months (I don't know whether I'm just a n00b at creating levels, or what :mrgreen:), Armed, is finally released!!! But it's still not done yet...more sections to come soon. It's slightly hanging in the air as the power ups dropped into the uhm, abyss :mrgreen: have no significance yet but in the next few sections, it will have an impact.
    image.jpg
    This is probably the main highlight of Armed! A very cool arena where you must use the sticky bomblet to achieve 10 revolutions.

Armed is an extremely high quality level, made with great love for an innovative gameplay and top-notch graphics. The difficulty should be quite balanced; I've played through it many times for each section. The focus of the graphical detail is in the foreground. The sound effects and stellar graphics are what makes Armed feel alive. Armed responds dynamically to how you play; different graphical details pop up when you do different things. This kinda makes Armed a little like an adventure to discover all its secrets.

I will start writing a reflection on my journey of Armed soon, hoping you guys may learn something out of it. Some things in Armed like sounds, graphics and obstacle wise are adapted from existing sources; i will give credit to them while writing my reflection.

I hope you enjoy playing this level! Please do rate my level highly! I don't want to complete this level if nobody plays it...there's just no point in spending additional efforts if no one appreciates it...

Last edited: Oct 27, 2015
    Vicvic91 and Super zwerver like this.
  3. FBI Light Rock

This level of mine tends to run into a lot of performance issues...won't be surprised to receive tons of complaints over that. :(

Tried playing my level online just now but the freezes got worse...

Maybe I should keep my level offline for my own play instead... :(:(:(

4. Vicvic91

Vicvic91 Administrator Staff Member Frogmind

Hey @FBI Light Rock !
    Big up to you, your level is very cool !

Yes, I meet some issues playing it (some time the powers get stuck on the way), but it’s like a difficulty challenge that make your level cool.

I love the idea that you need to choose the best powerup to complete all the level.
    Maybe it’s a little confusing : I was thinking that Clony need to catch them using the way…
    And the difference with ROTATE LEFT and ROTATE RIGHT is not visible with the movement of the Clony’s gear.
    Maybe replace "POWERUPS" by colored rocks ?

No matter, your level is cool, I love your birds and the idea that there is a key to avoid some traps and going at the final of your level.

Great job, I really want to see the others parts you will make ! :)

FBI Light Rock likes this.
  5. Super zwerver

I have updated my lvl for Halloween, there are less issues now and it is now a little bit harder! You can find it by NEW or #HW in Levelworld! I can save three clones and you? image.png

6. Vicvic91

Ahah ! Your level is horrible ! I can't finish it ! :)

Great tribute to Halloween !
    I've see great ideas, so many universe !
    I think I have see some reference to others player's levels :
    . Spiders like in @<|-|!<0 level
    . The beast's hand like in @Flamingjazz level

Maybe to difficult to me, but very creative :)

Super zwerver likes this.
  7. Super zwerver

Thank u very much for playing my level. Indeed i have used the spiders and the hands. Must i make it easier?

8. Super zwerver

Is it the first part of the level or later, that is too difficult?

9. Vicvic91

Yes, a little more easy for me will be great !
    There is some part very difficult :
    . at the very beggining with the hand that kill you if you touch it
    . the final zone : I kill all my clones in the 2nd part of lasers :)

10. Super zwerver

Ok, i make those party easier! Thanks for helping me :)

11. Super zwerver

Party....parts

12. Super zwerver

I updated my level again! Thank u very much vicvic for your feedback!

Vicvic91 likes this.
  13. Vicvic91

great job !
    I like your final effect, when all backgrounds become 1 text to say "Happy Halloween" !

Very cool :)

14. Super zwerver

Thank you for all your feedback! I have also learned a lot from your levels (like change background, how to make trigger and how to use it) thank you vicvic!

Vicvic91 likes this.
  15. FBI Light Rock

Thank you Vicvic! :)

Would be nice to hear specifically what issues are you having. I'm especially concerned with its performance, since it's not going well in my iPad.

Hmm yeah that was one of the main premise of Armed. Hearing what you think, I will try to change the wording of the instructions just before the bird chipping area.

Is there a way to colour physics-on obstacles? Currently I could not find such a way. I will definitely consider switching over to colored rocks if I find a way to color such obstacles. I believe power ups on the Armed clone could be one of the reasons why the level's performance is poor.

Haha, the birds isn't actually the main highlight, IMO. For me, it's more of the hamsters (at the part where you must carry a hollow ball/hamster ball :mrgreen:).

Thanks for the encouragement! I'm quite discouraged by its performance issues though... I'm still brainstorming for good ideas and so far one has popped up. :)

16. Vicvic91

If you can add a color on your rock, you can use maybe particles ? (No particles / red / black / white)
    I will try to found you a way tonight :)

Also, I will screenshot you all my difgiculties and my final freeze :)

17. Vicvic91

image.png
    .I finally found the way in this part, but it's verry difficult because I keep stuck always in the 2 lasers.
    . The button need to be unlocked only by a powerups, maybe you can signal it ? Because I was trying to get it only with Clony ! Ahah :)

image.png
    . Here is a glitch : the saws are too close, it's impossible to correctly put the good Powerups to be alive (the saws always kill me, and I don't know if I have to put ROTATE LEFT or RIGHT)
    . Next to my 5th try, app freeze and I have to restart my game

Next to this zone there is an other door that need to be opened by a BIG powerups :
    . When I touch this door with a wrong powerups, I can't restart because my app freeze again

Hope it will help you ! :)

18. FBI Light Rock

The button is only unlocked with all power ups intact; do not burn any arm. Hmm...maybe I'll just remove the check system entirely.

The saw part is designed to be passed with this little space. The secret technique is to ride the saws. The rotate and the Big power up will be in constant contact with the first bottom saw. After activating the cog sound, the rotate power up and the Small power up will then be in contact with the next bottom saw, and the Big power up will lose contact with the previous saw.

I will replace the power ups with rocks, so no worries for that one.

Unfortunately, I still do not understand which door are you talking about, because the only 2 zones that require correct usage of the Big power up is the bird chipping zone and later on at the arena where you must perform 10 revolutions. Any other links to the Big power up is to trigger the wrong event to occur.

19. Vicvic91

Glitch, again !
    I can't go to this door to screenshot you :(

I think the glitch is :
    . When the saw kill Clony, all the powerups and the arm are destroyed to

Maybe you can try another way :
    . When a saw move to kill Clony, just disable the contact with your armed, so Clony will die without the gear destroyed.
    . If all your armed is "Special" parameters, with your saw you can disable contacts with "Special"
    . To keep your way, put another saw that don't move to make the way, and it will be good

20. Vicvic91

Glitch, again !
    I can't go to this door to screenshot you :(

I think the glitch is :
    . When the saw kill Clony, all the powerups and the arm are destroyed to

Maybe you can try another way :
    . When a saw move to kill Clony, just disable the contact with your armed, so Clony will die without the gear destroyed.
    . If all your armed is "Special" parameters, with your saw you can disable contacts with "Special"
    . To keep your way, put another saw that don't move to make the way, and it will be good