The Metalparke

Discussion in 'ETERNAL DAY' started by <|-|!<0, Nov 26, 2015.

1. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

[​IMG]
    THE METALPARKE

Missions
    [​IMG]

Clones Saved
    Add your own Clone Counts into the Clone Saving Spreadsheet

Last edited: Nov 26, 2015
  2. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

How on earth do you guys even get the mission "Survive in 12 tries"? I couldn't even do it even if it was "Survive in 50 tries"!

Man, I don't like this level at all. Too many parts are way too annoying. The roulette part with 10 buttons (worst part for me), the opposite spinning wheel with those gears, and the square part where you must hit 2 buttons to deactivate the lasers - gosh those parts are just insane!

I'm gonna need some video walkthrough for this...

3. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

Don't worry Light Rock, i'm with you in this one. Surviving with 12 tries is doable but i will never survive this one with one try... don't think i will even try.

The opposite spinning part is the hardest for me, and annoying.

The roulette with 10 buttons is hard but not annoying cause it's not luck, you can get the hang of it.

And the square part where you must hit two buttons, that one i can help you... just go with both clones up, and hit the button there, then let the clone drop, there is a "secret" passage, that square is decoration only... so it's easier. Also makes it easy to save 2 clones. Which is probably the max to this level, i put 3 as max cause who knows.

Still, this is a really cool level if you disregard how impossible it is. Hey Bones and Ice, do us a one try tutorial video. lol.

4. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

I was doing it with my first try on Eternal Day, and figured out that after a certain point you can let gravity take over and lightly tap just to be advance a little quicker. And then the 2 gears ahead squish me. Annoying as hell. :mad:

This one I really need help!!! I have a lot of trouble nailing the left hand corner buttons (Especially the top left hand one, I usually focus on pressing that one). And I can't see f*** on what's going on, and being unable to pinpoint where the heck is the saw currently hinders my judgment a lot. Seriously, Bones and Ice, your aesthetic overlay is more frustrating than beautiful. Just remove it, will ya? :mrgreen:

It's even worse in the original level where you only have ONE clone to do the job; I don't even know how you get to the top left hand button with one clone. I usually give up trying when left with 1 or 2 clones. And yeap, I used a couple of skips in the original level.
    Oh sounds like a great tip there! I'll try it once I nail the stupid roulette part...
    Can't deny Bones and Ice is a great level maker. His levels are visually appealing and offer a good challenge.

Comparing one of his earlier levels Splintered to Metalparke though...that difficulty difference...:mrgreen:

For myself, I aspire to learn to make great designs like Bones and Ice (as well as many other great level makers like our very own Vicvic :)) but I would like to keep my own style of colorful and animated visuals too. This is why I take so long to make levels...

5. Vicvic91

Vicvic91 Administrator Staff Member Frogmind

I hate this level.
    1 try is impossible, it looks like an very Doomsday levels and I don't play this level with fun (like others levels as Final Boss Fight).

Yes, this level is visually good.
    Yes there is many good mechanism on it.

But no, it's not a fun level.
    Whyyyyyyyyyyy ! :(

6. Good_Smile

Good_Smile Active Member

I HATE THIS LEVEL! WHO DECIDED TO PUT THIS SH*T IN ETERNAL DAY???!!! I HAD TO THROW MY TABLET INTO A WALL TO CALM DOWN! NOW I DON'T HAVE THE TABLET ANYMORE! THANKS MR BONES AND ICE FOR MAKING AN IMPOSSIBLE LEVEL AND MR MIIKKA FOR FEATURING IT AND GIVING IMPOSSIBLE MISSIONS! BIG THANKS! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
    I hate this level for real, and it is not a joke... It's actually so hard to piss me off, but here I had no choice... This level is not even tested before putting it in eternal day since it's literally impossible to 1 try it. You just don't have enough powerups to complete some parts. 90% of it is luck based, 10% skill. That's a freaking bullshit, Frogmind, pls nerf it .-.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2016
    Vicvic91 likes this.
  7. CUBE MAN OFFICIAL

CUBE MAN OFFICIAL Penguin Clony

I personally do not like this level either... had to skip like 5 or 6 checkpoints (probably more)... Mind blew up doing just the first part... memories still fresh in my head...

8. dubz131

dubz131 Bot Lover

I recently replayed this level along with the other level (tenth vertigo) which people seem to really dislike as they are quite challenging....and while they are challenging yes, i like these levels because they are fair and no luck is involved, imo...you can beat each part which a strategy...now beating each level in one try is near impossible (i never have), but they give you fair achievements with these levels too (beat in 10 tries, etc.) and i beat metalparke in 3 tries the other night because i had such a hard time with 'chad's void', i wanted to see if i really had as much trouble with these levels as well...and i beat them fairly fine...i only had trouble with the light switch part (but as i said, you get a strategy for it and it's no problem after that)

hard levels, yes - but well-made levels and fair to the player to have a chance to get the achievements (no luck)...as a player, that's all i can ask for

18111398 likes this.
  9. ShiV

ShiV True Gamer

Last one or two weeks I've been really stubborn, really wanted to give this level a shot at 1-try, something I always thought I'd never be able to achieve. At a certain point I had several 2-try runs, was surprised with this already. Still, a 1-try was something that wouldn't work, every freaking time again.

Untill I suddenly made it happen :D :D :

10. CUBE MAN OFFICIAL

CUBE MAN OFFICIAL Penguin Clony

Can't even pass it!

THAT'S what we call a hardcore gamer, InterludeDude.

Congrats! :)

ShiV likes this.
  11. Patrick Buffa

Patrick Buffa Well-Known Member

What you said before about skipping 5 or 6 checkpoints, I skipped a few times when the level first released. When I first tried it in level world, yes it was impossible, but the updates for the eternal day release made it a little bit more easier. I had some experience with this level and I managed to make this level in 9 tries and completed the other missions as well. I also managed to make a video for the 9 tries, but I can't because of ShiV's 1 try video.

InterludeDude likes this.