Magnet icon

Discussion in 'LEVEL EDITOR' started by Omx, Dec 19, 2015.

1. Omx

Omx Member

Hello all,

Sorry, I did have a look around to see if this was already addressed but couldn't find anything on it.

Anyone know how the snap tool works? The magnet icon in the top right. I was trying to place a small circle directly onto the centre of a rotating wheel and a rotator joint on top of both, and was hoping that would be useful to get them all lined up, given the help text ("snap object to nearest object" or similar) but I haven't managed to get it to do anything at all, doesn't seem to have any effect at all.

Am I just using it wrong/trying to use it for the wrong thing?

2. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

The Snap Tool (I would prefer to call it Magnet Tool though :)) helps you stick obstacles and power ups to the nearest object's edge. It doesn't help you align things inside of objects. You are gonna need an OCD fellow to help you with that. :mrgreen:

Great question! I actually went to find out more about it. I thought it was power up specific but it works for obstacles too!

3. Omx

Omx Member

Ah, that makes sense; I didn't try using it for that! Well, I'll have to be the OCD fellow myself then! :)

4. Lambda

Lambda Member

Hi!
    This might seem like a stupid question, but neither google nor the forums gave any useful answer. In the menu with the 3 dots, what's that magnet icon above the grouping rectangle doing?

5. Hj326

Hj326 Hypercloner

I'm not too sure because I've never used it, but as far as I know, it makes objects snap to each other, like what power ups do when you drag them near walls.

6. 18111398

18111398 Elite Member

The orange help button always gives you a hand when you're having troubles like this!
    And just like Hj326 said, it snaps an object to another!