Edge

Discussion in 'FROZEN' started by Vicvic91, Dec 17, 2015.

1. Vicvic91

Vicvic91 Administrator Staff Member Frogmind

image.jpeg

EDGE

Missions
    image.jpeg

Time Trial

Edge-time.png

Post your time trial scores in the Timetrial spreadsheet!

Mission, Clone & Time Trial Replays
    Upload your videos to YouTube and post your videos here! Post your awesome clone scores here!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2017
  2. 18111398

18111398 Elite Member

Sorry for asking such a silly question...
    Are there any trick to save 60 clones?

3. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

Yes! :mrgreen: At the 2nd revolving portal part, try to dislodge the Big power up. Go through that part one size smaller.

At the next part with the rotating conveyors, get at least 2 clones through so that you can either bump away the boulder to past the freeze beams, or just freeze one of your clones if you fail to move the boulder. Its probably impossible with 1 clone with the smaller size.

By the way, thanks to Vicvic for the tip! I JUST gotten 67 clones! :)

Vicvic91 likes this.
  4. 18111398

18111398 Elite Member

Well...Thanks!
    Though actually, I've already found this trick and managed to pass the level with smaller size, but what's funny is I'm using a wrong way to pass the last saw. I assumed that dashing forward is not enough fast, so I got all clones on the right side of the protal and get them to cross slowly, obviously killing more clones.
    Anyway, thanks! Saving 64 clones though.

Vicvic91 likes this.
  5. Vicvic91

Vicvic91 Administrator Staff Member Frogmind

This is not so tricky to get smaller !
    Big power only need to be moved by 1 clone to move and fall down :)

. In the rotator portal, kill some clones just after the portal pass the Big Powerups
    . With that, the Big Powerups will move and fall down
    . Now you can pass the portal Smaller with more than 1 clone ! :)

LianPiggy likes this.
  6. Hj326

Hj326 Hypercloner

How do you get past the last saw with every clone? I can get through the others just fine.

7. dubz131

dubz131 Bot Lover

same here...i find this to be probably the most difficult mission in the game (and it's in the frozen world)...the most clones i have been able to get is 46 and that was with luck...once i get to the last portal, trying to go through slowly, i still get sliced up by the stupid saw that you can't rush through against...and then once you get past that, prepare to lose more clones with the infamous screen of death and that cheap boulder that will block your clones if it gets hit/nudged in the wrong spot.

i just find stuff like this funny (and annoying of course)...i can beat infinity clone saves like age mover where you have to get 10 or more clones, the replicants level with the saw drone chasing you through that tar stuff and just plain beating the fore-mentioned levels in one-try, but i CAN'T for the life of me get the 60 clones for edge...it just bothers me cause it's like that will be the one mission that will be left in the end..and you can checkpoint over and over and over again as long as you don't go too far...so enough practice ain't the problem..maybe it's the strategy, but i've watched multiple including 4slann's channel and i do everything he does but he saves more than i do every time...i just don't get it.

edit: sad face :(

Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
  8. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

Even the clone saving missions are hard in BADLAND 2! But I completed them all and enjoyed the challenge. :)

For Edge, follow the advice given above: Kill all but one clone in the second portal roulette and then get in at the right time to miss the Big powerup. (You can use other clones to dislodge the Big powerup first as well)

Then in the saw part, with one size smaller, it becomes so much easier to get the fleet past almost all the saw paths with a significantly smaller fleet size. At the last saw, do not attempt to move your clones to the right of the exit portal. This will cause some clones to be on the entry side of the portal while waiting to pass, which is fine. Then push all your clones past the final saw path quickly; it's possible to suffer no casualties with the right timing. I've gotten every single clone past this for a good 71 clones.

The last part should be easier with smaller clones and the camera's speed should be slow enough to slowly push your clones through.

Replicants and Age Mover is just about restarting at the final checkpoint to get the clones mission. :)

9. dubz131

dubz131 Bot Lover

hmm, i tried to do what you said but no luck...maybe if you had a video for that strategy you could upload?

edit: never mind, i see what you have to do now...i did it on my second try but it was pretty much luck...the portal roulette just shot me through with one clone and i missed the big powerup...then i got 3 clones through the spinny things, and my 3 clones couldn't freaking push the big boulder over into the freezy beams so the screen of death killed me....so if i had a chance to try it with the smaller size, i see what you mean in that it would easier....i just have to get there alive and smaller first

Last edited: Apr 8, 2016
    Vicvic91 likes this.
  10. dubz131

dubz131 Bot Lover

finally beat the clone mission for this...phewww that was so tense for me...i was stuck on 59 for a bit there lol...but i actually ended up doing it the 4slann way...because every time i tried doing it your method (which is the best method to do it i admit - it's just a matter of keeping your small clone alive to get there first), but the boulder would just never push over into the freeze beam in time and the screen would kill me..so i said screw it and just kept trying the checkpoint after checkpoint way and finally got 62 i think? either way, i'm happy..maybe down the road when i replay the levels again i'll try for more...i unexpected got a lot more clone total for badland 2 than i expected...i even passed the great 4 slann (i'll never catch you guys though, you're just really really 'annoyingly good' :))...but happy to be doing well - just gotta beat 'issues' in one try and then ready for the next update

18111398 likes this.
  11. Patrick Buffa

Patrick Buffa Well-Known Member

image.jpeg Ok I set a new record for this level.

n0phun likes this.
  12. n0phun

n0phun Master of Disaster Moderator

You mean „a new personal record“? Because there are some higher results in the sheet than your 72, best is — surprise— Leto_Zhou with 78. I’m stuck at 62, can’t pass the last saw.

Patrick Buffa likes this.
  13. Patrick Buffa

Patrick Buffa Well-Known Member

I see what you're saying. That makes more sense. Good job Leto_Zhou