VFC Contest - By FBI Light Rock, <|-|!<0 & Vicvic91

Discussion in 'FROGMIND'S CHOICE & CONTESTS' started by Vicvic91, Dec 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vicvic91

Vicvic91 Administrator Staff Member Frogmind

The VFC contest is CLOSED. The final product, UNITY is online and FINAL.

Hi all !

Want to participate on my next level ?

We need to make an exceptional level ! With an objective : be a must-have on Eternal Day if Fromings loves it !

So here some request to respect :
    . Make a funny "zone" to play, not a doomsday difficult level
    . You can imagine a "zone" where there is only 1 clone to save, or a zone where are 10 clones to save
    . Secrets, doomsday mode, all you want to imagine together
    . An unique universe with a thematic : Fire, Inferno, Volcano
    . No characters in the black background, no other clones that are not playable
    . No specific mechanism with Clony, he have to fly as in the original levels

How to participate ?
    . There is a published level called #VFC where you can copy a hexagon : you must use it on your "zone" (you can resize it, or duplicate it)
    . Publish a level before 15th december January with your part, called #VFC

The best zones will be featured in this next level, that should launch on 17th december January.

If your zone is added, your name will be credited in this amaizing level.

Be creative and have fun with it ! :)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2016
    Super zwerver likes this.
  2. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

Challenge accepted! Coming soon, a new level made from scratch (so far haven't brought in stuff I made in Arned), working title (maybe the final title too, unless I can think of a better name) is Hexangonal.

Development just started today morning; looking good so far! I will work on Armed outside working hours, and work on Hexangonal during working hours.
    Screenshot_2015-12-11-13-29-18.png

Super zwerver and Vicvic91 like this.
  3. FBI Light Rock

Yo guys, I just published a snippet of the new level I'm still working on, Hexangonal.

Best of all, Bones and Ice is also having an ongoing challenge for his new upcoming level CALM. (I'm thus entering for the short obstacle challenge) So why not? :mrgreen:

I spent hours getting this mechanism to work correctly, and it's a beauty to watch. At least for me, haha. :mrgreen:

It's simply titled BNI #VFC. (I tried to update this level for the PCB/KCB contest, but the publishing failed and the level got corrupted. I will not be asking for it to be republished, as I couldn't be bothered.) Play it and tell me how you like the new mechanism! :)

(Made a mistake in level naming in the first upload, fixed it now.)

Last edited: Dec 15, 2015
  4. Vicvic91

It's amazing FBI ! Great job, I really love the idea ! Your hexagon is the best ! :)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2015
    Super zwerver and FBI Light Rock like this.
  5. FBI Light Rock

I have still have plenty of ideas waiting to be implemented! Almost all of it physically on paper...

You know, after you created Odyssey with the blocky theme, I was thinking to go with a similar theme, but I thought of triangles. But now that you gave me the hexagon template, and a hexagon is composed of triangles, my ideas from the supposed triangular level will be inside Hexangonal as well! I feel that Hexangonal is going to be quite a massive level! :)

I hope to try to make it one-tryable this time, and not repeat the mistake in Armed...

6. FBI Light Rock

Happy New Year to all our dedicated BADLAND forum members! To celebrate the New Year, I have just released a half complete (slightly more than half, actually :mrgreen:) of the level I've been working on for this contest, Hexangonal! The full name is Hexangonal #VFC.

The speedrun section is not exactly complete yet (it is supposed to start from the Hex clock onwards)...

Here are the missions for this level!
    - Survive in ONE try (yes it's possible but it's quite hard)
    - Discover all 8 secrets
    - Save 20 clones
    - Find the secret checkpoint o_O
    (And no, it's not possible to collect all power ups)

In the upcoming updates, you will be able to save even more clones! :mrgreen:

Last edited: Dec 31, 2015
    Super zwerver likes this.
  7. Super zwerver

Super zwerver Well-Known Member

One of my favorite levels is hexangonal. Well designed, hard level (but possible), there are funny parts and hard parts, long level, great ideas and a lot of fun. Good job fbi! Best wishes btw, hope you will make more cool and funny levels :)

Vicvic91 and FBI Light Rock like this.
  8. Vicvic91

image.jpeg
    UNITY is important if you want to survive together.
    Soon...

9. Vicvic91

image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg

UNITY is in the final version of is development !
    Just need to fix some details, but will probably launch tomorrow !

With the special participation of some amazing players (in order they appears in the level) :
    . @MisterM
    . Kezzoomaster alias Maxwell
    . @Hj326
    . @FBI Light Rock
    . @<|-|!<0
    . 333MMCC

MisterM and FBI Light Rock like this.
  10. Vicvic91

Unity is online in a beta version ! Still some details that I need to fix... but enjoy it ! :)

11. Vicvic91

Ping @Miikka

New update is now online, with a lot of new things :
    . Difficulty is now progressive : a lot of parts are now designed to be casual
    . Unity experience 2.0 : in the 1st release it was only 2/3 unity parts... Now there is 8+ unity parts !
    . 2 new zones to explore since the last update : a maze where Clony needs Cuby's help, an other part where Cuby needs to escape with Clony's help !
    . A secret way to run into the speedrun ;)
    . Some bugs improvement

Hope you will enjoy this new update !
    Feedbacks are welcome :)

image.jpeg
    image.jpeg

Last edited: Jan 19, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.