Promote Your Levels Here!

Discussion in 'FROGMIND'S CHOICE & CONTESTS' started by Vicvic91, Aug 22, 2015.

1. Vicvic91

Vicvic91 Administrator Staff Member Frogmind

2. Vicvic91

Super zwerver likes this.
  3. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

Yet another update for Hexangonal #VFC has dropped into the Level World! (Btw, what happened to other sections? Like Top Rated, Trending, Extreme, etc?)

Full changes shown below:
    - 1 totally new section (it's pretty brutal, but not hard :mrgreen:) added. There's a very cool sound effect when you attempt to make the flap of faith. :mrgreen:
    - The (previously) last section has been extended with one more saw - and it's a bit light-hearted with a funny sound effect. :mrgreen:
    - Precursor to the next upcoming section is there - those factory blocks.
    - Some gameplay changes, such as shifting the checkpoint to before the arrow mechanism rather than after it previously.
    - Minor aesthetic changes, such as taking away the particles after you enter one of the secrets. (I haven't added the clock one yet, I have something BIG planned for it :))
    - There's a secret easter egg that ends the level early - can you find it? :)

Hexangonal features all types of secrets - secrets that truly help you in your clone saving and one try quest, and other miscellaneous secrets that make the level more fun and have more depth such as a secret checkpoint and an easter egg (which *hint hint* requires sacrificing clones, but quite rewarding once you find it). Hope you guys enjoy this level more than many others out there! (I don't understand how a very hard 100.0m "How to Skill" level is more fun?!)

Super zwerver likes this.
  4. Vicvic91

Ok. Now your level is funtoplay and replay ! Great job @FBI Light Rock :)

FBI Light Rock likes this.
  5. FBI Light Rock

Thank you Vicvic! I have been waiting for my first let's play video, finally I have one! :)

There are still ways to save more clones! You can disable the 3 cubes from firing out at 07:38, disable the 2 triangular saws at 08:15, disable the UPENDED saws at 08:53, and partially disable the saws in the chimney at 10:40! Happy hunting the other secrets! :)

Vicvic91 likes this.
  6. FBI Light Rock

Another let's play by Bufmeister! Thank you guys! :) (Btw, he unknowingly unlocked the secret that disables the 2 triangular saws. And he ALMOST unlocked another secret at the very end :mrgreen:)

There seems to be a bug with the clock: By destroying the minute hand the Clear Item Effects event is supposed to kick in...

Vicvic91 likes this.
  7. 18111398

18111398 Elite Member

For the clock part... Can you get Clony uncollidable with the clock hands? I'm knocked back by the rotating hands for many times :(
    Otherwise, this level is really awesome! I can't even explain how awesome is it.
    (Actually I was trying to make a level too, but never got even myself satisfied)

8. FBI Light Rock

The clock part isn't complete, so expect a couple more stuff planned for it! For example, the clock hands will collapse if you fail that part (just like the smaller hint clock). Bufmeister also showed that the failed portion isn't working properly, so that will be fixed as well.

As for your problem, you need to progress slowly across the clock, taking refuge at the inner edges of the clock frequently. Are you having problems because of your normal size?

BTW, Vicvic, I just saved 53 clones on Hexangonal, by unlocking ALL the secrets! Happy hunting the rest! I think 60+ clones is possible if you play really well! :)

Vicvic91 likes this.
  9. Vicvic91

Ahah ! Just found the FFVII secret ! Great job ! It's epic :)

Super zwerver and FBI Light Rock like this.
  10. FBI Light Rock

Fun fact: It's the only reason why I held back the update until now. I wanted to make sure it worked beautifully. :mrgreen:

11. Vicvic91

Ping @Miikka

UNITY is online !
    A collaboration with many other players : @MisterM , @Hj326 , Maxwell, @FBI Light Rock , @<|-|!<0 , 333MMCCC !

In this new level, Clony and Cuby have to unite them together if they want to survive.

How many clones can you save ? :)

12. FBI Light Rock

The FFVII Easter Egg is no longer quite a secret anymore! Great job 4522405DASH! :)

Stalemate, Super zwerver and Vicvic91 like this.
  13. FBI Light Rock

It's been a long time, so it's time for another update for Hexangonal #VFC to be released! Changelog is as follows:
    - 2 sections added!
    - Face one of the toughest challenge in the saving of clonekind; the crushing hexagons! :mrgreen: What's the minimum number of clones you can lose here?
    - The first of the planned 5 sections of the speedrun is half functional! What on earth is that arrow supposed to mean? And what is that cannon going to do in the next update?
    - The clock bug should be fixed; Fail here and your efforts in saving clones in the previous parts will be wasted! :eek:
    - Minor aesthetic changes...very minor...:mrgreen:
    - @Vicvic91 Unity is online now so a bit of advertising is placed at the end! Hopefully people will notice it and its popularity will increase...

Super zwerver and Vicvic91 like this.
  14. MisterM

MisterM Elite Member

Looks amazing

15. Lambda

Lambda Member

Hey! This is my first level. I hope you enjoy it. :)
    "Cold Blooded"
    [​IMG]
    Missions:
    -Explode all mines
    -Save 2 clones
    -Survive with one try.

I'm going to update it soon.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2016
  16. FBI Light Rock

Very cool and awesome level! 5 stars straight away. :mrgreen:

A good variation of gameplay elements inside this level make this enjoyable. But...

It's a little on the hard side. (I rated it a difficulty of 4) If you would like to make your level more enjoyable, I suggest you add Time Slow powerups to the parallelogram shutter doors part to make it easier to get through, and create a bit more space between the end of the 2 spikes and the branch with the flower on it. Those 2 parts can get quite frustrating.

I love the design, I thought the red blooded obstacles were cool (Heheh, I see that you took Sinistrium's Mercurion's idea of coloring your gears, something I'm employing soon for my level Hexangonal :mrgreen:), and the final part where you took Bones and Ice's Splintered's vibrating parallelograms was cool to look at (Not so much the parallelograms, but the rotating gears :mrgreen:).

Hope that your level can push to What's Hot and Top Rated! And being featured on Eternal Day will be definitely not surprising. :mrgreen: Heh, and don't forget to try my level Hexangonal too!

17. Vicvic91

Great job ! This is a cool level !
    You need to upgrade the difficulty, there is too much doomsday zone and sometimes, it's very frustrating !
    But it's a great 1st level ! :)

And... I have the 2 clones saved ! Ahah :)

18. Lambda

Lambda Member

Updated it! Thanks for the feedback. The idea to color parts of the environment was actually my own, but yes, the vibratin parallelograms are from the level Splintered. ;)
    I also changed the Missions a bit.
    -Explode all mines (4 visible)
    -Save 2 clones
    -Collect all powerups (none hidden)
    Yeah I already tried that one. A Masterpiece! ;)

19. MisterM

MisterM Elite Member

Prepare for a new level by me: "cuboid"
    This will have some wierd bg and new style noone has seen before!
    soon.....

Vicvic91 likes this.
  20. MisterM

MisterM Elite Member

welp, i cant figure out how to upload a screenshot, so you will just have to search the level to see it.

My new level: "Cuboid" is out! this has some straight forward gameplay with a new kind of background.
    This is just a beta version, so i would like to have some tips!

My current clone record is 44, see if you can beat it
    enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2016
    FBI Light Rock and Vicvic91 like this.