Promote Your Levels Here!

Discussion in 'FROGMIND'S CHOICE & CONTESTS' started by Vicvic91, Aug 22, 2015.

1. Vicvic91

Vicvic91 Administrator Staff Member Frogmind

image.jpeg

I really love your level !
    Great job, the background feels "Sword and Sworcery" like :)

Here my feedback :
    . your saw part is very fun !
    . there is a falling multiclones-powerups in the middle that need to be "physic off"
    . missing some traps/mechanism in your level : falling cubes ? more saws ? something to challenge us !
    . there's a lot of multiways to explore : maybe more powerups here hore some "secrets" ?
    . feel like your level is short, I want more ! Ahah :)

And my let's play : 65 clones sved !

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2016
    MisterM likes this.
  2. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

Great start off! :)

Love the minecraft like background! :mrgreen:

Since Vicvic has said most of what I would like to say, I just want to add on a bit. Your level is very much like Frogmind's Blockworks so you might want to analyze that level in depth, then tweak or expand on some of the ideas used there. Even better, come out with your own original ones! You got the cuboid templates at hand, try and brainstorm some ideas using these structures! That's how I got my ideas for Hexangonal as well. :) Look for similar levels that have cuboid structures and take a bit of ideas from there! I just expanded upon a little structure of 333MCC's recent Bio Mass (Why didn't he submit this level for the VFC contest?!?! Damn :mrgreen:) to make a downtime part with a cool mechanism. :)

Oh, and i saved 57 clones. :)

MisterM likes this.
  3. FBI Light Rock

Soon, a cool mechanism to look at (It's a downtime part), coming your way. :)
    Screenshot_2016-02-01-10-32-51.png
    Aren't those moving wall machines so cute?!?! :mrgreen: I personally loved the way they turned out.

Design is not final; I'm going to make the rail system and the fluid flow system look even better!

4. 4522405DASH

4522405DASH Hypercloner

Level Spiral Bad Future? Lol Great level btw

5. MisterM

MisterM Elite Member

Thank you for the review :)
    since, the level is just a beta version, i'm going to make it longer, add more stuff (hopefully with triggers), and fix those flling powerups.

Thanks for the tips :)

Looks awesome!

6. Vicvic91

Great update !
    Here is my new replay :

I like your new part, it's cool ! But I'm sure you can make more parts on your level ! :)
    Your beguining is cool, there is a tricky way to avoid 1 speed powerup that change all the way to play your level !

Maybe you can play with the slowmotion too in some parts, to freeze time in some tricky parts.

Hope @Miikka will see your level, have the potential to be a great Eternal Day level with 3 cool missions :
    . Collect all powerups
    . Save 30 clones
    . Save 50 clones

7. MisterM

MisterM Elite Member

I think I will add 2 more parts, and then I will focus more on new levels, I have some really cool ideas for future levels. But I'm glad you like it.

8. FBI Light Rock

There was a little problem in publishing the update, but thanks to @Jaakko, the biggest update so far for Hexangonal #VFC has just been released! Many new sections have been added!
    - What's the arrow mechanism I teased for? Now is the time to find out! Don't go the wrong way...
    - A modified MisterM section is included! It's a pretty doomsday section with lasers chasing you closely in pulses. Get the timing right and save those clones!
    - It's a portal roulette! Is Clony or Cuby ideal?
    - The sewer pipe system and the goo it transports is online! What is the factory doing with the goo? :mrgreen:
    - The rail system features some pretty cute (winded-up?) mice! :mrgreen:
    - This next section is purposedly left incomplete; what does the speeding spike do? And some funny moments of failed shooters (made to look like the flamethrowers in BADLAND 2) are being featured. :mrgreen:
    Screenshot_2016-02-05-00-28-00.png
    - Starting at the checkpoint just before the speedrun is like Premonition: Choose the speed of your ride! 2 speed-up (Normal inbetween way), 1 speed-up (Slightly difficult bottom V path), No speed-up (Difficult upper V path). Fun fact: I wanted to make a 3 speed-up (Doomsday!), but it was impossible to continue after the rail system, so I scraped it. And hey, I might just make a smaller version of Hexangonal with just the speedrun. Who knows? :mrgreen:
    - A secret skip straight to the speedrun is added near the start! Can you find it?
    - The reward for discovering the secret in the laser star has been changed - you don't want to play this level for too long, do you? :mrgreen:
    - A little switch to shut down the saw just after the starting zone is added. It's pretty useless, since you are unlikely to die by that saw, but this is a hint to players to expect more secrets down the line.

Please feedback on the new difficulty of this level! :) I'm trying to gather feedback on how difficult Hexangonal is now, especially MisterM's speedrun. On 2 speed-up, this part is pretty difficult, I'm trying to reposition the superclone powerups to make it easier. I might add more if you guys think it's too hard. The timing of the lasers for 0, 1 & 2 speed-ups on MisterM is calibrated quite carefully, so each speed gives a different experience. Going through the portal in this section also changes the experience.

Enjoy, and as usual, expect even more content soon! :) I'll be taking your feedbacks while continuing with new parts.

9. MisterM

MisterM Elite Member

Yuy, i'm in!
    i'll play the level soon

10. Hj326

Hj326 Hypercloner

I just had another brilliant level idea. No clue when to expect it, but in the near future, PROXIMITY will be coming out. With any luck, my previous experience with level building will help me make a level with not just a neat mechanic, but also aesthetic on the eyes.

MisterM likes this.
  11. Hj326

Hj326 Hypercloner

PROXIMITY is up and running! Feedback would be highly appreciated. Hope everyone enjoys it.

12. Super zwerver

Super zwerver Well-Known Member

This lvl is fun! i like your work mr. M. Its like art!!! Haha

MisterM likes this.
  13. Hj326

Hj326 Hypercloner

Not sure if I asked in the right spot earlier, so I'll ask again here. What's the general opinion on PROXIMITY?

14. MisterM

MisterM Elite Member

Interesting concept!
    but for the level, you also have to focus more on desing and gameplay, because it kinda lacked those.

Hj326 likes this.
  15. FBI Light Rock

I was just playing around with the recording function in BADLAND, and finally created an Everyplay account! (That was easier than i thought :mrgreen:) So finally here it is, a video exposing all of my dirty little secrets in Hexangonal :mrgreen::

The last part where the mice on the rails screwed up; the upside down mice are not supposed to be jerk around like a maniac. :mrgreen: At least, it didn't on my playthrough. I'm still attempting to fix that bug...

Most secrets have a hint; investigate every particle --- I didn't put them there for fun! :mrgreen: (So yes, the magnetism particles which have ZERO impact on your clones or any other objects for the matter, actually mean something.) Some rely on playing well.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2016
    Hj326 and MisterM like this.
  16. Hj326

Hj326 Hypercloner

@MisterM Thanks for the input. I'll work on that and this time maybe take more than a day to fine tune and extend it. Also, @FBI Light Rock Hexagonal is a much more intricate level than I first gave it credit for.

17. MisterM

MisterM Elite Member

i just noticed cuboid in frogminds choice :D

Vicvic91 likes this.
  18. Vicvic91

Great mechanism !
    But seems just a "concept", maybe try to make a black background to create an unique universe on your level :)

Hj326 likes this.
  19. MisterM

MisterM Elite Member

New Level: "Kandy"
    Cool, short, fast and simple clone saving level.
    I can't save more than 25 clones, but i think you can do better.
    Tell me what you think, should i make it longer, should i make a sequel? tell me!

20. Vicvic91

I really love your POP-ART background !
    Just saved 59 clones :)

MisterM likes this.