Promote Your Levels Here!

Discussion in 'FROGMIND'S CHOICE & CONTESTS' started by Vicvic91, Aug 22, 2015.

1. Hj326

Hj326 Hypercloner

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2016
  2. Vicvic91

Vicvic91 Administrator Staff Member Frogmind

Can you share the link ? Impossible to found it in the search. Thanks !

3. Hj326

Hj326 Hypercloner

4. Super zwerver

Super zwerver Well-Known Member

Hi fbi,
    i told you, that your lvl will be a frogmind choice lvl! Haha i knew it! Congrats!!!
    :D

FBI Light Rock likes this.
  5. MisterM

MisterM Elite Member

i'm quoting you so you will get a notification, your level is in frogminds choice!
    well done!

FBI Light Rock and Hj326 like this.
  6. Jonathan Rodrigues

Jonathan Rodrigues New Member

7. Hj326

Hj326 Hypercloner

It's overall a pretty decent level. Not one of the best but certainly not the worst.

8. Stalemate

Stalemate New Member

Hello, everyone! I am pleased to announce that I'm working on a rather large project: a recreation of the boss battle against Sans from the indie game Undertale. I've only just started and I'm incredibly excited to continue! Expect a finished product in at least a week. :)

[​IMG]

Vicvic91 likes this.
  9. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

A great attempt by Bufmeister once again! I hope I have more people like him enjoying my level to replay it! :mrgreen:

Vicvic91 likes this.
  10. Sheepy

Sheepy Well-Known Member

Pizzaandy likes this.
  11. Pizzaandy

Pizzaandy Elite Member Beta tester

FBI Light Rock and Vicvic91 like this.
  12. Vicvic91

Just magic ! :)

13. Vicvic91

image.jpeg

Fan club ! Ahah :)

18111398 likes this.
  14. FBI Light Rock

Hi guys!

Another update for Hexangonal #VFC has just hit the Level World! :)

This is another big update! This will also be the last gameplay update; I will not be adding in any more new sections. The next (and hopefully final) update will concentrate on beefing up the background to make it much better and more alive. I may continue adding little details to the foreground, but background will be my main focus. So the next update will take some time, since it's my first time venturing into background stuff. :(

Here are the details!
    - 4 new sections added!
    - A section inspired by Unity's Final Speedrun: Face the mechanical forest of woobling caterpillars with a deadly shaky saw tail. And who's that creature with an evil face?
    Screenshot_2016-02-25-12-13-02.png
    - You may be able to make out where the next section came from! This section was supposed to be an extension of the "random split path" section, but there wasn't enough time in-game to figure out which 1 of the 4 paths to choose, so I changed it.
    Screenshot_2016-02-25-12-23-28.png
    - Which reminds me, the second and final "random split path" section is online. The propellers will become stiff if you go the wrong way!
    - A mini section involving 2 spaceships. I almost thought they won't be used since the 4 path section was initially planned as the last section before...
    Screenshot_2016-02-25-12-25-51.png
    - Your favourite section! :mrgreen: A very cool credits section that utilizes Portal's lighting boards. I hope you guys feel my way of expressing my gratitude for your contribution satisfies you! I spent a lot of time trying to bring out the elements you guys contributed to this level. Frogmind was probably the hardest; I tried to squeeze in every BADLAND obstacle and element in that small space.
    Screenshot_2016-02-25-12-29-28.png
    - A small aesthetic change to the precursor to the first "random split path" section. I had always wanted to change the design to make it feel less like "random spamming of contraptions". I never liked the Hexagon made of pipes anyway...
    - The level is a little "lighter" in size in the previous parts, I dissolved a lot of Hexangonal groups and deleted the parts of the Hexangonal groups beyond the level top and bottom edges, as well as those parts overlapping into other obstacles.
    - The difficulty has been made easier, by nerfing the blowers after the rail system, changing the superclone powerup position & adding another superclone powerup above the hanging (non-operational) shooter. Also, the superclone powerups in MisterM's speedrun section have been shifted to accomodate the burning of clones in the lasers. One more superclone powerup added there as well.

MisterM and Vicvic91 like this.
  15. FBI Light Rock

Ok, for some reason the eyes don't work properly in the mechanical forest zone. :( So you guys are missing out on the caterpillars and the evil guy. I'll try to upload the level again.

Suggested Missions:
    - Survive in ONE Try
    - Collect 70 Powerups (That's all the non-secret powerups, rounded down. I counted 71 normal powerups)
    - Save 50/55/60 Clones (I saved 53 clones using a normal run without using any secrets)

Expert Missions:
    - Collect ALL powerups (Possible but this is extremely hard)
    - Save 130 Clones (Possible with all the secrets, I screwed up a bit and got 120)
    - Survive in ONE Try using the FFVII Easter Egg (You need a considerable size to alter the trajectory of that saw that nets you this ending)

Last edited: Feb 28, 2016
    MisterM likes this.
  16. FBI Light Rock

The first (and not the last) background update for Hexangonal #VFC has just dropped into the Level World! Well, just nice in conjunction with Rollerclone's Eternal Day feature and the Everyplay contest. :)

The background has been massively improved, and corresponds to what is happening in the foreground. The background now glows with golden color, courtesy of Odyssey. :) And sorry nature lovers, I chopped off all the leaves. This is to show that Hexangonal is a more mechanical level. The background is also slightly Hexangonal-ish.

There are some freaky details, and some pretty neat details. Click the spoiler if you spotted some and want to see some more! Of course, it's best to discover them all by yourself. :)

It's not completely done yet, my highlight Hexangonal mechanism doesn't have a good background to go with yet, MisterM's speedrun is still empty & so is the credits section (might add a few details for the space station just before it too). I have something awesome in mind for the credits, but it will be a big project!

Gameplay wise only the Small powerup at the speeding spike can no longer be collected by going above it. When you end the game early through the easter egg, time will now stop.

The eyes in the mechanical forest still don't work :(, looks like I would have to try my best to find a way around it.

Floating cubes: A Hexagon core is added to the background.
    The Big Clock:
    I like this a lot! Triggering the laser cycle turns on the light on the smaller egg. The bottom light on the bigger egg slowly turns on as the hand moves around the clock for the first revolution. At the end of the first revolution, it blinks once to indicate the revolution is complete. The middle light does the same thing, but for the second revolution of the hand. The upper light slowly turns on as the clock, now fully functional by the winding action Clony provided by the pump, makes the other 2 revolutions to open the doors to clear the zone. After the doors are open, the 3 lights on the bigger egg blink in synchronous pulses. However, fail this section and all 4 lights will abruptly turn off as the clock spoils.
    Dropping Saws:
    There are a lot of creatures in the background, which appear to be sitting in some kind of sled. You could see an evil creature at the bottom left of the base, so you can say they are attempting to escape.

When each saw drops, the creatures (except the evil creature) close their eyes, and only open them again after the camera shake is over.

If you activate the FFVII Easter Egg, the evil creature will hide.
    The Flap of Faith: As you attempt to do this awesome move :mrgreen:, a tower rises from the base.
    Crushing Hexagons:
    The lights on the bigger eggs corresponds to the movement of the crushing hexagons.

If you bring enough clones here, one of the hexagons will stay still, and this is reflected on the smaller egg as there will be no blinking light.
    Starting the speedrun!
    Lights blink on the egg as a mechanical worm rises behind it. The blue light starts blinking on the worm once movement stops.
    Split Path 1:
    When you press the button, as the signal gets transmittted to the arrow director, the light on the bottom smaller egg gets brighter and brighter.

One of the lights on the bigger egg will blink after the signal is transmitted, which corresponds which path to take. It helps just in case you missed the arrow! :mrgreen:

When the explosion beeps go off, the light on the upper smaller egg lights up. On explosion, the branch holding the bunny snaps off with much force that the poor bunny is thrown into the depths below...just like OBLIVION :(
    Mechanical mice & Speeding spike:
    The large base in the background was taken from SPEEDBALL. There's yet another Hexagon core that will glow in pulses. I added more spikes to the base.

When the main spike fires, another spike rises from the base and a gun springs into position.

When the upper spike that gets stuck fires, the gun assumingly fires as well; you can see the kickback on the gun.

Once again, one of the 3 lights on the egg will blink, depending which path you must take.
    Mechanical forest: Lots of evil eggs moving around! Behind them is a forest with some creatures.
    Final Split Path:
    The lights blink like crazy because the "open" path (for a split second) keeps changing. Press the button and the 2 lights will stabilize, corresponding to which path you will be going to.

Pressing the first button will light up the top light, the next button will light up the bottom. With both buttons pressed, upon hearing the spotlight sound (which will allow to break the hexangonal shape apart), both lights will blink consistently.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2016
    MisterM and Vicvic91 like this.
  17. Pizzaandy

Pizzaandy Elite Member Beta tester

I made a quick little remake of Badland 2's robots in my level 'Bumper Bots'!
    (Posting the link is too much work, sorry)
    So far, most of Badland 2's new ideas are possible to emulate Badland 1's editor with the exception of the freeze beam... :smirk:

Vicvic91 likes this.
  18. Vicvic91

Ahah ! Awesome !
    Maybe try to work a bit more your level design : you will have another chance to be in Eternal Day ! :)
    Can you recreate the saw bots too ? ;)

Here is the link : http://level.badlandgame.com/bttc/aFtMaAsKtr

Last edited: Mar 4, 2016
  19. Hj326

Hj326 Hypercloner

Hm. I might be able to figure out a makeshift freeze beam.

20. Hj326

Hj326 Hypercloner

Ok, so I tried something. It doesn't seem to be working though. If anyone wants to take a look, here.
    http://level.badlandgame.com/bttc/NRMRcqUOtr
    EDIT:
    I should probably explain my logic. What I did was I tried to set up a high-speed high frequency small projectile shooter, and when it hits something, the something is supposed to be frozen for the same amount of time as the projectile fire interval. The idea is that this keeps something static until something else interrupts the beam of projectiles, at which point the new object is stuck. Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to have worked as well as I planned, as anyone who's tried it can see.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2016
    MisterM likes this.