Rollerclone

Discussion in 'ETERNAL DAY' started by Vicvic91, Mar 4, 2016.

1. Vicvic91

Vicvic91 Administrator Staff Member Frogmind

image.png

ROLLERCLONE
    By @Pizzaandy

Missions
    image.jpeg

Clones Saved
    Add your own Clone Counts into the Clone Saving Spreadsheet

2. Vicvic91

Want to win yourself ‪#‎BADLAND2‬ ?
    Share your video replay here (record in game with ‪#‎EveryPlay‬) for a chance to win. Getting the missions increases your chances. Total of 9 codes available. :)

Facebook contest here : https://www.facebook.com/badlandgame/

3. 18111398

18111398 Elite Member

First level in Eternal Day with the 'Explode all Mines' mission? Awesome!

Vicvic91 likes this.
  4. 18111398

18111398 Elite Member

Sorry but what do these stand for? Getting the missions of what? And what are the 9 codes?

5. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

The missions refer to this Eternal Day level (Rollerclone) 3 missions, namely Survive in 3 Tries, Explode All Mines and Save 12 Clones. There are 9 Gift Card Codes available for giveaway, which means 9 people stand a chance to win a free copy of BADLAND 2.

Either way, how do you get more than 11 clones? The first secret is way too hard to access with those crazily fast rotating cogs propelling you too far.

@Vicvic91, Is it possible to shift the checkpoint there a little back JUST enough to trigger the disabling of the rollerclone?

6. Pizzaandy

Pizzaandy Elite Member Beta tester

That checkpoint is a little too far right, I realize.
    Is it possible to change that? The checkpoint works well on my small-screen iphone.

7. Vicvic91

@4slann will teach you how to play :)

(update tomorrow)

Last edited: Mar 6, 2016
  8. Good_Smile

Good_Smile Active Member

I liked the new gameplay, was kinda original for this. Played this level before it was featured in Eternal Day. I really hoped that the part shown in the picture was nerfed, because I think this part is only luck based. I have to spend around 30-40 attempts to pass it. I really hope that I'm missing something, If I do please explain me how it works :)
    [​IMG]
    Idk, by accident got 16 clones on my first try without even knowing where these eggs are located (haven't found them at all when I played a non-featured version in the level world). If you have problems, there is a checkpoint under the first multiple clones egg. So if you missed it, all you need is to die after you lose that roller ball in the last part :)

Last edited: Mar 5, 2016
    MisterM likes this.
  9. MisterM

MisterM Elite Member

A good concept and a great level, but the difficulty is kinda inconsistent, with some very easy parts and some doomsday-like parts.
    but briniging the rolleclone to badland 1 is an awesome idea!

Good_Smile and 18111398 like this.
  10. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

I agree with the difficulty inconsistency. For me it's just the part @Good_Smile mentioned that makes this level unnecessarily difficult. Other than that, the difficulty is quite ok. The part similar to Gravity Break is a bit frustrating as well, as sometimes you cannot sail smoothly through due to the way you enter that part. The checkpoint at the first superclone powerup also needs to be shifted back a bit.

MisterM likes this.
  11. Good_Smile

Good_Smile Active Member

Oh, you probably play on mobile. I play on Steam so I can go back and take it :/

12. Vicvic91

Now it's possible to get the 21 clones ;)

18111398 likes this.
  13. Pizzaandy

Pizzaandy Elite Member Beta tester

Yeahhhh....
    I spent so much time tweaking this part, yet it's still hard. I wish the survive with 3 tries mission wouldn't be there...
    The idea was that you would go backwards on the moving shapes and ride the waves over the ground saw.
    I'm making another level with this roller concept, I'll try to keep this one luck-free. :mrgreen:

18111398 and MisterM like this.
  14. dubz131

dubz131 Bot Lover

this is one of my favorite levels in eternal day...ingenious to make the clone roll on a flat service...and this is one of those levels that goes towards my strengths (was able to get all 3 achievements in first go and beat in one try)...but then there's other levels where i suck and have to practice my ass off...damn, doomsday levels...3 more to beat in 1 try and i get the achievement