The Long Story

Discussion in 'ETERNAL DAY' started by Vicvic91, Mar 24, 2016.

1. Vicvic91

Vicvic91 Administrator Staff Member Frogmind

image.jpeg

THE LONG STORY
    by Vangavangog

Missions

image.jpeg

Clones Saved
    Add your own Clone Counts into the Clone Saving Spreadsheet

dubz131 likes this.
  2. dubz131

dubz131 Bot Lover

ok hold the phone here....those 'mechanical hands' are extremely cheap and lucky to get past, there's a strategy to go under the first one, but the second one isn't always doing the same thing....and the guns you have to get lucky that when you get hit (and you will get hit) the explosion blows you to the right side so you don't die...these are issues for me as the level is quite long and so having to replay through it makes it quite a chore

other than those complaints...it is a very well thought out level, cool idea that was well made into a story that i haven't seen from any of the other levels.

3. Pizzaandy

Pizzaandy Elite Member Beta tester

I just want to say that this level is freakin' awesome!
    It hardly even felt like Badland at all!
    I agree with dubz131 on those minor complaints, but I still enjoyed this entirely different level.

dubz131 likes this.
  4. dubz131

dubz131 Bot Lover

yes, don't get me wrong....completely different level than anything in badland (which is very cool), and i loved the narration.

5. Vicvic91

Vicvic91 Administrator Staff Member Frogmind

Finaly get the 5 try ! I think I'm evil with myself ! Eheh :)

dubz131 likes this.
  6. dubz131

dubz131 Bot Lover

ah darn you! haha, congrats.

i had to give up for a little bit, i just kept dying at those same spots (and i just come to find out that there's poison thingy's in the tube! after the mechanical arms) so i keep dying in there lol...i guess i got lucky the first 2 times i played cause i thought the tube was and empty space as i went through it so easy the first 2 times

7. Sheepy

Sheepy Well-Known Member

This level is an interesting addition to the eternal day, because this level is the first level in the eternal day that is not an orthodox badlands level that you play, and is more of a story. I wasn't sure whether frogmind would put levels that were stories into the eternal day, but it seems like they will. That said, I really like how this level was done, and think that it is a very nice level.

8. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

I actually recommended this level for Eternal Day, but it won't be surprised if Frogmind found it themselves to include in Eternal Day! I checked out this guy's levels (he only made 3 to date), only this one was his masterpiece.

I agree with others on the small complaints for this level. For me it's only the sticky bomblet cannons; the mechanical claws were fine and add a slight luck element, something I can accept. But those cannons are really pure luck! :( I think Survive in 10 tries is more reasonable.

But the thing that surprises me the most is not only there's a story to enjoy, there's also decent gameplay accompanying it, one that is not enough to distract you from the story. Perfect! :)

9. dubz131

dubz131 Bot Lover

yes, i played the level multiple times last night and i finally got the 5 tries or less (died 3 times)...the arms gave me the most trouble...the gun cannons i started getting lucky with, like if you time when they are going to shoot, you just got to get the first blast to push you to the right side...but there's no way i will attempt a one try on this lol.

it's a quite artisitcally beautifully level if you look at the backgrounds throughout...it has a different art style that really worked...and the story was well done

great addition!

Vicvic91 likes this.
  10. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

This level is more about the background than the foreground! Have you ever opened this level in the level editor before? The buildings, stars, clouds, trees, etc are painstakingly made from using fillers! So you can imagine how many fillers make up ONE SINGLE building!

The foreground is nice, and using nature objects to represent the ruins of the destroyed city is so fitting! But most good level makers like @Vicvic91, @333mmcc & Bones and Ice can easily beat that, so the focus really is the background.