Linked Filler With Clone Problems

Discussion in 'LEVEL EDITOR' started by Sheepy, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Sheepy

Sheepy Well-Known Member

Hi!

I made this level called "the tunnels", in which I linked many filler objects to the clone, which I turn on part way through the level. When I play the level in the editor, I can turn the filler on and off again and it works. but when I play it in the level world, the fillers that are linked to the clone do not turn on when I want them to (I turn them on after I change the background to black). Everything still works perfectly in the editor, but it doesn't work in the level world. I updated my level with a portal to the end so you can see it in the editor, because you cannot complete it without the fillers working. I have no idea why the level would be broken in the level world and not in the editor so any and all help would be really appreciated.

2. Pizzaandy

Pizzaandy Elite Member Beta tester

Maybe check the checkpoints around the filler turn-on? Perhaps something faulty went with the triggering and checkpoint positions. Turning on debug to check for the fillers isn't a bad idea either.

3. Sheepy

Sheepy Well-Known Member

You aren't able to turn on debug in the level world, only in the editor. And since the level is broken in the level world but not the editor, turning on debug is not an option. I also don't see how the checkpoint positions could differ between the editor version and the level world version.

4. Pizzaandy

I mentioned checkpoints because your publishing playthrough might have been different from other ones due to where you die...
    I looked into the level (cool spotlight!) and I can't figure out how to recreate the circumstances with my own level.
    Yeahhh this is probably a bug

5. Sheepy

Sheepy Well-Known Member

I checked all the checkpoints inside the editor, and they all seem to work. Just to be sure, the light fillers work for you inside the editor but not in level world as well? I just wanted to check if it is a problem with only me or if the same thing happens to everyone.

6. Pizzaandy

I can't try it in the level world due to the portal you placed...?

7. Sheepy

Sheepy Well-Known Member

Oh, Sorry about that! I put that in so you could see it in the editor but forgot that you had not seen it in the level world. I updated again so that the portal is optional.

8. Sheepy

Sheepy Well-Known Member

I played the level again in level world, and this time, the fillers around the clone appeared, but they were linked about 2 meters in front of the clone, when they were supposed to be right on the clone. So it looks like there is a different issue now.

9. Sheepy

Sheepy Well-Known Member

The bug just got even worse! I thought that because the fillers were showing up in front of the clone when in the editor they were on the clone, I could just move the fillers far behind the clone in the editor, so they would be on the clone in the level world. That almost worked, but they weren't quite on the clone right, so I updated changing their position a tiny bit, so they would be right on the clone in the level world, and they dissapeared again!

10. Sheepy

Sheepy Well-Known Member

Ok, I ajusted the fillers a tiny bit more again, and they reappeared! The level now works as it should in the level world, but I still have no idea why this is happening!

EDIT: I updated the level again without moving the fillers at all, but it broke again!

EDIT 2: I udated the level again to see if it works, again without changing the filler, and it is fixed again! It now seems completely random whether or not my level works!!!

Last edited: Apr 18, 2016
  11. 18111398

18111398 Elite Member

Seems that the linking object is a little glitched. CLONY WAS ALONE by Vicvic has this problem too, when this level is published to the Level World, the little triangle above Clony is misplaced.

12. Sheepy

Sheepy Well-Known Member

I agree that there is definitely a bug with the linking, but it is strange that with some levels, like Tbma, the linked fillers work fine. There is definitely a bug here.

13. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

The Link Tool didn't exist at the point of time CLONY WAS ALONE was created; it simply used the rigid joint.

14. 18111398

18111398 Elite Member

Yes I know that, but Vicvic updated the level after the Link Tool is available

15. Vicvic91

Vicvic91 Administrator Staff Member Frogmind

Yep, I tryied to update my level with Filers... but never worked ! Now the final version still without any arrow :(

16. Vicvic91

New update today : with a linker patch :)

Sheepy and 18111398 like this.
  17. Vicvic91

Oh... And the Clone emmiter now run correctly too ! :)

18111398 likes this.