CYCLO Challenge - Who can make a 10-level pack for Cyclo ?

Discussion in 'FROGMIND'S CHOICE & CONTESTS' started by Vicvic91, Apr 9, 2016.

1. MisterM

MisterM Elite Member

turns out i failed, gonna re-do it

2. Vicvic91

Vicvic91 Administrator Staff Member Frogmind

Yep, you need to keep the background elements (the tree, creatures, etc...)
    It's just the black background you need to delete

3. MisterM

MisterM Elite Member

why not delete the background elements?
    (i already did that)
    people have to create the background themselves i think.

4. Vicvic91

Just to keep a background if they don't want to change it :)

5. MisterM

MisterM Elite Member

done, uploaded as #cyclo template
    now it does work

EDIT: spelling error on the name, fixed it

Last edited: Apr 14, 2016
  6. MisterM

MisterM Elite Member

and i am very sorry i deleted them, but i wont redo it again, my phone almost crashed when deleting objects from your level.

7. Vicvic91

8. MisterM

MisterM Elite Member

ok, well all this work for nothing, but it is ok, now how can i remove online levels?

9. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

That's actually a good question, sometimes I want to delete my levels (especially those help levels that will only exist for a while just to help someone with the logic) online. I mean, I don't want to take up unnecessary space in the servers.

So far the best way to remove a level from the level world is to disrupt the internet connection to the Level World when the game is uploading an updated version. Basically fail the level publishing by a bad connection. This will mark the level as unpublished, but it will still occupy space in the servers.

10. MisterM

MisterM Elite Member

oh, well, that will be a feature frogminnd has to add in an update, but thatnks for the tip.

11. MisterM

MisterM Elite Member

I say we pick names like: Big, huge, gigantic, large or stuff like that

12. Sheepy

Sheepy Well-Known Member

Do you guys not thing that we might need a theme that is slightly more thought-out than just "big"? The levels might not go well together if we don't have a more organized theme. What else could be special about the cyclo levels?

13. MisterM

MisterM Elite Member

i don't really know... i re-created the normal pipe object 3x bigger, and in my level there will be a lot of bigger power-ups you have to avoid in order to save more clones.

14. Vicvic91

When I think "big" levels, I always see the Rayman Fiesta Run big levels with a cooking theme :)

A cool new feature could be to use red flammers as a new trap (like those blue flammers you created @Sheepy )

15. 18111398

18111398 Elite Member

Seems that these levels don't have a boundary. They can be infinitely large, like BL2

16. MisterM

MisterM Elite Member

i think the levels look alike enough if we all use object that suit the day style.

17. Sheepy

Sheepy Well-Known Member

I could never figure out how to make red flamers... How would you do it Vicvic?

18. Vicvic91

How do you created a blue flammer @Sheepy ?

19. Vicvic91

20. Sheepy

Sheepy Well-Known Member

I use like 50 of the 13th particle in the particle window and put them in a line. You can open up my bl2 level if that wasn't a clear enough explanation. But that particle will always be blue or white, and I can't get it to be red.

EDIT: Oops, it looks like you answered your own question