Promote Your Levels Here!

Discussion in 'FROGMIND'S CHOICE & CONTESTS' started by Vicvic91, Aug 22, 2015.

1. Sheepy

Sheepy Well-Known Member

Interesting concept! I might do around twenty seconds instead of thirty, but it's up to you.

2. Vicvic91

Vicvic91 Administrator Staff Member Frogmind

Ok @CUBE MAN OFFICIAL !

I like your new concept !
    I think you need to improve your design :
    . make all the background black behind the gear of buttons
    . maybe choose another better color for the yellow background

You need to found a way to save 1 clone each button too :
    . if you die, the level stop with your total clone saved

With that, I think we have a new cool level for Frogmind's Choice or Eternal Day :)

3. CUBE MAN OFFICIAL

CUBE MAN OFFICIAL Penguin Clony

what does 'If you die, the level stop with your total clone saved?

Yes, I wasn't thinking for it to be successful. However, I changed the background to blue, filled the areas up around the buttons, and others.

I was hovering so long that I want to do the same.

4. CUBE MAN OFFICIAL

Is it a good idea to do it in coop? We can press buttons as a team. :):)

5. Sheepy

Sheepy Well-Known Member

6. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

Ehmm....pretty complex mechanical design. Never seen this type of style before so thumbs up for that! But some may find the design very messy.

Gameplay wise the first saw the shakes is frustrating as often it decides to completely block my way and there's no way to get out. The saw shooter is a bit too brutal and it kills groups of clones quickly. And then when you're down with your last clone you know you're dead. You may want it to have an "inefficient tracking" system instead, which would lag behind the clones' movement (try using the delay variable).

Main plus is the design, the gameplay is quite normal. Fix things here and there and I think it's a good short ED level. :)

7. Sheepy

Sheepy Well-Known Member

Thanks for the advice! I moved the gun farther away from the first saw so that there would be more space to get through (You can tel me if that helps or if I should move the saw down more). I'm not quite sure how to make the inefficient tracking system though. Is there an example that I could look at to help me make it?

8. Vicvic91

So many work between your first level and now Sheepy !
    Great job !

Your level is on my top list for ED this week ! :)

9. FBI Light Rock

I actually meant the shaking saw at the 1st checkpoint (discount the starting checkpoint). That saw is nearly impossible to get through sometimes. When it's in a bad mood it won't turn clockwise enough for me to get pass it to get on top of it. Then sometimes when I get on top on it it blocks my exit by refusing to turn counter-clockwise enough. It's frustrating. Just make the shaking a fixed pattern. Don't use the random variable to decide its mood.

For the saw emitter, I suggest the turret it's attached to be set to Simple targetting mode instead of Advanced, if not clone savers will find it hard to get through it without all the clones dying.

I saved 55 clones max so far with these changes I made manually in level editor. :mrgreen:

10. Vicvic91

45 clones without any change :)

11. Sheepy

Sheepy Well-Known Member

Ok, I think I made all those changes. I made the turred autoaim simple, and I took away the randomness from the shaky saw. Are there any other changes that I should make?

I personally feel that the saw emitter is a little too easy now, but I'm not sure.

Vicvic91 likes this.
  12. FBI Light Rock

Everything is fine now! :) Simple was pretty easy I have to agree, but Advanced is a little too hard sometimes. If only there was an inbetween...

Sheepy likes this.
  13. Vicvic91

CUBE MAN OFFICIAL likes this.
  14. CUBE MAN OFFICIAL

Vicvic91 likes this.
  15. Vicvic91

image.png

16 buttons ! :)

Hey @CUBE MAN OFFICIAL !
    You really need to found a way to save 1 clone for each button ! Will be a great update for your level !

16. Vicvic91

I just get 17 ! I don't think it's possible to get the 19 buttons !

17. CUBE MAN OFFICIAL

me neither.

18. Vicvic91

19. Sheepy

Sheepy Well-Known Member

I was thinking about that too, (even though I'm not one of those people), and I came up with two strategys.

The first one is that at the end of twenty seconds, instead of the game ending, a portal comes in and picks up the clone, taking him to a place where an emmitter for clone powerups has been triggered every time clony pressed a button.

Strategy number two is that instead of a clone pressing the buttons, you have a 'fake clone' that is controlled by your pressing the screen just like the actual clone, but the real clones are hidden behind a filler in a little box, where a emmitter gives that an extra clone every time the fake clone presses a button. Then when the game ends as usual, you have the right number of clones.

I am trying to implement one of these ideas, but I have not suceeded yet. :(

20. Vicvic91

Thanks @Sheepy for your help ! :)
    Your 2nd idea is the best : it's better to see anything else in the level (no more portal to appears).