Plasmatic

Discussion in 'ETERNAL DAY' started by Vicvic91, May 20, 2016.

1. Vicvic91

Vicvic91 Administrator Staff Member Frogmind

image.jpeg

PLASMATIC
    by Novaninja4

Missions

image.jpeg

Clones Saved
    Add your own Clone Counts into the Clone Saving Spreadsheet

2. dubz131

dubz131 Bot Lover

the checkpoints are redicuously spread out on this level...kind of annoying

edit: and you promised it would be easier...we want more clones too!

edit #2: FIRST level i've ever actually had to skip something because it was so annoying; 2 spinning blades in slo-mo and your clone is clearly too big to fit through...booo

edit #3: aaaand each checkpoint when you die puts you just out of reach of a mine or powerup to keep you from getting the missions/achievements

i'm officially peace out of this level

Last edited: May 20, 2016
  3. CUBE MAN OFFICIAL

CUBE MAN OFFICIAL Penguin Clony

Even though I recommended it, doesn't mean it should be in ED, this level is really hard, I can't even get to the end :(

Why are ED levels driving me crazy now

Good_Smile, Baksbrown and dubz131 like this.
  4. dubz131

dubz131 Bot Lover

ok seriously, someone needs to post a video...i finally f'ng beat it and got the all powerups missiong...and now i'm going for the mine mission but i can't fucking get past the stupd cog wheels that CONSTANTLY smoosh you - it's basically luck....and i'm talking about the part where you hit the swith and knock a roll ball thing down that has to go through lasers and hit a switch to start the cog wheels..but the fucking cog wheels go so fast and are so closely tight that even the smallest touch to them and you get smooshed...i really have no idea how i got through this part the first time but i keep replaying and replaying and replaying...there are way too many hard parts to this level and i find them more annoying than challenging

edit: gamecenter and badland combo screwing me again and not recording my missions beat in eternal day properly either...i let it go for the last level figuring it would be fixed when i played the new level, but nope, i'm still stuck on '110' missions beat even though i'm now at 112.

Baksbrown likes this.
  5. dubz131

dubz131 Bot Lover

i hear ya man, 'doomsday part 2 x 20' is basically what it is now...you have to play each level over a hundred times before you get all the missions and/or beat it depending on what it is.

and i'm having a real bad day at work so when i played this level it just set me off something bad because i was honestly expecting something a little easy as that is what someone told me it would be (well i don't consider the level 'easier' that the button level by any means)

and i know i said this before, but levels like metalparke and tenth vertigo people have always considered 'too hard' - well yea, they may be...but i didn't find beating them within the given missions that hard...to me, 'plasmatic' should have win in 10 tries just because of that cog part and those spinning blades redicuously close together (it's basically luck getting through both which i HATE) so forget trying to go for the 5 tries or less...because once you get to one of these parts, even if you get lucky at the first one and beat it in say 2-3 tries, the next hard part will end your 5 try chance..

plus, i want to save me some clones, man...the earlier eternal day levels were more fun imo because they utilized clone getting/saving along with neat level designs...now it seems to be who can put out the hardest level and beat it

CUBE MAN OFFICIAL likes this.
  6. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

Weird, but the mines missions was easy for me. I managed to carefully scan the level and uncovered all the mines in the first time I did this level in ED. I did play this in the Level World before, but I never took note of the mines.

Agreed on the cog wheels. First time I had no problem, but when I was going for the 5 tries, it squishes me very often. :(

Another crazy hard part was the mechanical wheel which you must carefully push past the laser and onto the button. As always, first time was somehow easy, the rest of my tries...not so much.

Unfortunately, this level is impossible to one try. :( The first shooting out saw will always kill you the first time you enter this zone because the camera has not been reset to On yet, and is still in Follow mode. Fix this and there is a VERY SLIGHT possibility to get one try so long you can nail every part consistently, and hope that the cube emitter part where the cubes slide to be destroyed by the laser don't block your way. Sounds like something only for @Straitorden & @<|-|!<0. :mrgreen:

dubz131 likes this.
  7. Vicvic91

Hey @dubz131 ,

Thanks for your reviews.

Yeah, there is some long checkpoint.
    There is some parts where you need to get some powerups if you want to pass it, I can't do nothing in this case.
    But I will try to add more checkpoint in a very soon update.

It's not an "easy" level, keep focusing on some cool puzzle, but I think it's easyest than Button Rush.
    You will get a clone saving level next week, promise ! :)

I completed this level without any difficult... but I will check what I can do about those cogs and saws hardest part.

Ok, I checked every checkpoint again, and there is only 2 of them where you can miss some powerups.
    The mine mission is more easy to get : no matter if the mine still there when you restart a checkpoint, the mission keep in mind that you explosed it before.

I will do my best o improve it again.
    Promise. :)

CUBE MAN OFFICIAL likes this.
  8. dubz131

dubz131 Bot Lover

yea, i finally got the mines...it was more or less just getting through what i consider the '2 impossible parts' that take you like 20 tries each.

but my bad for the outrage, i'm just really pissed off about work today and it's translating to the game and i play worse when i'm angry.

so i'm gonna go cool down on my drive home

suprising i just have one more mission to get, though (5 tries) - maybe i'll give it a try later if i'm feel better or wait for 4slanns video to see if he has any useful tips (usually does)

9. dubz131

dubz131 Bot Lover

no your right about the checkpoints and missing powerups/mines....i thought as i was going through it that it was happening before i got the missions...but once i got them i realized that it wasn't skipping over them in the checkpoints...my mistake

10. Vicvic91

Ok, I have worked on a better version, coming tomorrow :
    . More checkpoints in all the level
    . Some improvement in the doomsday part with the wheel and the button
    . A "camera on" before the speedrun saw zone
    . Cogs are now better to run and a better way to avoid this frustrating killing moment
    . More clone powerups in the cube part, to let you get a tricky opportunity to save more than 1 clone
    . A better cube generator
    . Mission "survive in 5 tries" will become a "survive in 7 tries"

Hope you will enjoy this upcoming update :)

Last edited: May 21, 2016
    dubz131 likes this.
  11. 18111398

18111398 Elite Member

This level features the hardest saw part ever.
    And I agree with dubz131, these checkpoints are really placed inappropriately, for me, the first one is placed even in the middle of one part! It splits a part into halves!
    But, ignoring how many retries I took, I completed the first two missions in my first go...

12. dubz131

dubz131 Bot Lover

you the man, vivic....after a good nights sleeping and not playing all last night after work...i wake up this morning and see you made very good improvements on the level as i was playing..i could tell right away with the cog part.

any way, i just beat in 4 tries so, thanks again vivic

now i just wish gamecenter would stop hating me...it still says i only have 110 missions completed in erternal day..like it just stopped working i don't get it

edit: oh i just realized you said you were going to change to 7 tries lol...hmm mine still says 5 and oh well, i'm just happy i got it....but that extra 2 tries will definitely be helpful to people

13. Vicvic91

I don't updated the level already, ahah ! Actually IS THE SAME LEVEL you was hating yesterday ! :)

dubz131 likes this.
  14. dubz131

dubz131 Bot Lover

lol uhhh well then.....just goes to show how much better a person can play when they are calm and not stressed out...cause the level felt much smoother and easier and i haven't had an issue with the cog (i played 3 times this morning and only died once on it)...the spinning blades got me twice, but i was able to conquer it obviously.

but it's still a very hard level, i see so far only you, another person (sorry don't know their name) and me have beaten all three missions so far..but i'm sure the other way better than me top players will get it soon (but to a regular player it could be real difficult so i'm glad you are making improvements).

and i finally fixed gamecenter again...just had to delete badland from my itouch and redownload it...ugh...i hate that i have to do that, but thank god for icloud save...could you imagine if i lost ALL my data and had to get achievements like 'god status' etc.again?

i got my clone count up to 2,830 too! day 2 levels ive replayed have helped but i just can't seem to get the big push i need...sucks i have to resort to eternal day to get more clones but it is what it is

15. 4slann

4slann Member

I did it but I was very lucky

Here is my walkthrough

dubz131, Straitorden and Vicvic91 like this.
  16. Vicvic91

New version is out : try to save 2+ clones if you want an extra challenge :)

17. dubz131

dubz131 Bot Lover

hmm, it seems the same - do i have to re-download or something? it also still shows 5 tries instead of 7 - did you decide to leave it at that?

edit: like i was trying to go for 1 try and i still keep dying at that saw blade part that comes down and kills you because you aren't going fast enough

18. Vicvic91

Mmmm... maybe you need to reinstall the game, just to be sure to get the last update...

19. dubz131

dubz131 Bot Lover

i just tried - no change at all

it did say 'new' on eternal day but when i clicked into it the level didn't say 'new' and it still says '5 tries' and i still die at the spinning saws

edit: can you post a video of what the new level should look like so i can know what to look for? i'll keep trying to unistall/re-install if i have to

20. Vicvic91

image.jpeg

You will get it with the next ED update this thursday/friday so...