Genesis

Discussion in 'ETERNAL DAY' started by Vicvic91, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Vicvic91

Vicvic91 Administrator Staff Member Frogmind

image.jpeg

GENESIS
    by @KPbICC

Missions

image.jpeg

Clones Saved
    Add your own Clone Counts into the Clone Saving Spreadsheet

2. 18111398

18111398 Elite Member

I failed to receive this level.

3. 18111398

18111398 Elite Member

And I expected that
    the first 40 Eternal Day levels should be now available OFFLINE in this update?!

4. dubz131

dubz131 Bot Lover

cool level (beat in one try on first try)...i always like the ones that are badland 2 levels in badland 1 universe....and thanks for making it a clone saving level! only prob so far is i can only save 25 clones total :( and i even know how to get the secret switch which allows you to get the size-down powerup later on in the level

i can even get through the green orb things ok...its just once you get past this part you turn back into normal size and a lot of them get stuck from going through the doorway thingy so i'll be interested to see anyone's video of saving 40+ clones as i'm sooo close to getting 3 kilos now

5. 18111398

18111398 Elite Member

So no one has met the same problem like me?
    Here's still only 39 levels in Eternal Day.

6. Vicvic91

Close the app and open it again.
    Or reinstall it from the store and you will get it :)

7. 18111398

18111398 Elite Member

Doesn't work.
    My savedata will be lost! I have to delete BADLAND first before I could reinstall

8. Vicvic91

If you use iCloud and if your syncronisation is up-to-date, it will not have any problems...

9. 18111398

18111398 Elite Member

...Sounds risky. There seems to be a little problem with my iCloud...
    Okay, I'll do that.

10. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

Seems ok now. Usually it takes a while for an ED level to go online. Try closing the app and restarting it again, just got it on both sides - Android and iOS!
    I'll be honest, I don't exactly like remakes of BADLAND 2 levels in the BADLAND Level World that much. For me, it's just repeating the same, but diminished experience all over again in the old BADLAND. These BADLAND 2 levels are meant to be free scrolling, not fixed to a left-to-right camera. But although I don't exactly like these levels, I appreciate that there are people who are bringing the BADLAND 2 experience to the original BADLAND, which may boost the popularity for BADLAND 2, as it allows people to have a glimpse of BADLAND 2 and urge them to buy to get the full experience. But for those who already owned and played BADLAND 2, I think it's just boring for us to go through pretty much the same thing again.

There's a secret button which you can press which will prevent your clones from growing back to normal. That secret button even allows you to get another small powerup!
    There's a part with where you first encounter the Hexangonal shapes. At the entrance blocked by a door that leads to the button, wait there for a bit and it'll open up, allowing you to press the button.
    @Vicvic91 Also, this level is quite disturbing at times. The camera shake when you open the first 2 doors and hit the circular boulder is too much, please reduce that. It's bound to give people headaches after a while! :(

Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
    Baksbrown likes this.
  11. 18111398

18111398 Elite Member

Thanks to god, it worked!
    Thanks! And also thx to Vicvic and FBI for helping!

12. 18111398

18111398 Elite Member

THERE'RE NO CHECKPOINTS AT ALL?!!?! R U KIDDING ΚΡЫСС?!
    Well... @ΚΡЫСС In the original Genesis level, there are two superclone power-ups hanging in the cogs part, where you're going so fast that you probably didn't see them

13. dubz131

dubz131 Bot Lover

hey fbi, i'm pretty sure that's the button i hit, though - and i still grew back to big at the end...maybe i'm missing something...i'll wait for a video if i don't end up finding it on my own...thanks, though

edit: i'm actually positive we are talking about the same button now, and it does allow me to get an extra small powerup but after repeadted attempts my clones always grow back to normal size and that kills half of them off (half being 25 so there's my 40+ i would get)

14. Vicvic91

Ok, let's say something cool : for the 40th level celebration, I have played with the editor (a little) and... SECRETS ARE BACK !!! :)

15. dubz131

dubz131 Bot Lover

a little help? i seriously can't get more than 22-25 clones and the secret has to be the only way to do it

edit: also, can we make more checkpoints? at least at the beginning: it's annoying when you die at that big boulder you have to push or when you get smooshed by those moving blades and have to start the level all over again and wait for the clone to pop out...too time consuming

16. Baksbrown

Baksbrown Hypercloner Beta tester

This eyes...
    [​IMG]
    (I'm talking about rabbit:mrgreen:)

17. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

Yeah, I played a few more times and realized that the clones growing back to normal size has nothing to do with the button. I believe it has something to do with the number of clones you have instead. Get above a certain number of clones and you should be safe from that growing.

Also, while it's possible to dodge one of the Fast powerups, I actually do not recommend doing that, as it makes the final bouncy balls part a little longer and harder. The normal speed is comfortable in this zone so just go with it. You might find a bit of trouble getting the Small powerup just after the Fast powerups though.

Btw, I tried to go back to the Level World, play the original and open up this level in level editor thinking I could try to uncover the secrets behind the button and the shrinking...damn you Vicvic! :mrgreen: You got me there! These little secrets didn't exist in the original level at all! :eek:

18111398, Vicvic91 and dubz131 like this.
  18. dubz131

dubz131 Bot Lover

haha well damn...i wonder how many you need to have because ive gotten to that part with a lot of clones (as i've gotten all the small powerups, etc.) but they keep growing big :(

thanks for letting me know though....we'll figure this out

edit: vivic is always causing trouble! :)

edit 2: heyy fbi, i see you got all the missions! how many clones do i need to have? i had atleast 50 going through the green orb things

edit 3: ah screw it - can only play so many times doing the same thing - @4slann, please post a video on your youtube account, you are my savior!

Vicvic91 likes this.
  19. Vicvic91

I finally found a way to hide secret for you, ahah !
    I think @FBI Light Rock has a wrong strategy : avoiding a speed powerup is better, so you can try to save more clones.
    But for a better result, I recommend you to avoid them all :)

And yes, there is Clonecount somewhere. You can save 40 clones without it if you are lucky, but with more tricks you should be abble to save more than 60 clones.
    If you want to avoid the effect, you need to save 50+ clones. ;)

dubz131 likes this.
  20. dubz131

dubz131 Bot Lover

awww vivic, do tell! me need clones!

edit: so obviously vivic is saying you can literally skip all 3 speed powerups - but how? hidden wall somewhere??

edit 2: thanks vivic!!! figured it out!!

Vicvic91 likes this.