Surrealism. Your opinion

Discussion in 'LEVEL EDITOR' started by Baksbrown, Jun 4, 2016.

1. Baksbrown

Baksbrown Hypercloner Beta tester

Greet the one of the strangest in the Level World! Surrealism. On the surface it is a simple and not difficult level, which will not be difficult to go even the first try, but in fact it conceals a lot of secrets and interesting moments of Easter eggs, which I will discuss later in another discussion. And now I want to know your opinion on the level. 20160604132039_1.jpg

2. CUBE MAN OFFICIAL

CUBE MAN OFFICIAL Penguin Clony

it's out??? nice!

3. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

The starting is too long. I know it gives player the background to Surrealism, but give us the option to skip it. I believe that it's long intros that made some people complain about @333mmcc's Steampunk level as well.

As for gameplay, thumbs up as well. It's got some nice mechanisms in there that provides varied gameplay. I also particularly love the rock tunnel being formed as you transverse it. It was cool!

I'll make this as brief as possible to not spoil the secrets for others. :mrgreen:

There's the first Easter Egg that involves a spikeball flower. What tone is that though? I don't exactly recognize it. :mrgreen:

There's another one involving the gear-like structure, which was pretty cool to see its teeth pulsating in growth and shrink.

There seems to be one last one just before the end. There's this +10 sign that comes out. Is that supposed to add 10 clones? Also, it seems impossible to get under normal circumstances. I think you need to set a delay before the secret loop kicks in.

Before you activate this secret, there's another that needs to be activated, which is the mid area where another part of the "storyline" for Surrealism kicks in.

@Baksbrown did a great job in trying to hide the secrets and easter eggs, I have to admit. Nice invisible tricks you employed there. :) Any more I missed? :mrgreen:

4. Sheepy

Sheepy Well-Known Member

I really love surrealism! :) If I were choosing, I would put it in ed, but sadly, I'm not. If I were to give any advice, there are a coulple things that I thought could be improved. In the part near the beginning, where you touch the big balls that turn into saws or little rocks, there is no indication as to whether or not they will turn into a saw, and if I were making it, I might put in some little hint, otherwise it is just a guessing game. Storyline wise, I presume that we are supposed to think that the robot in the background is bad and evil. If that is true, that is quite counteracted by the fact that the flowers that it is killing are deadly to you. so If you want to make him more evel, maybe make him kill powerup flowers or something instead of deadly flowers. Overall though, I think that it's a really great level!

5. Baksbrown

Baksbrown Hypercloner Beta tester

@Sheepy One time he tried to kill the clone:wink:. Here:[​IMG]

@FBI Light Rock About the beginning I'll consider. And no, I still have something to surprise:). Full list Easter eggs I'll post later in a separate discussion.