Jumpy

Discussion in 'ETERNAL DAY' started by Vicvic91, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Vicvic91

Vicvic91 Administrator Staff Member Frogmind

image.jpeg

JUMPY
    by Novaninja4

Missions

image.jpeg

Clones Saved
    Add your own Clone Counts into the Clone Saving Spreadsheet

CUBE MAN OFFICIAL likes this.
  2. dubz131

dubz131 Bot Lover

oooo this one looks fun : )

edit: *double-take* wait what? 70 powerups?!?! whoa nice...at first i thought it said 70 clones haha

3. 18111398

18111398 Elite Member

Is this a BL2 level?
    It seems that I've played a similar level before, but I can't find it

4. 18111398

18111398 Elite Member

And 70 Powerups...
    Now I'm thinking of some more strange missions. Like no more than X powerups?

5. Vicvic91

In this level, all the missions can be unlocked without difficulty.
    70 powerups = all the powerups without the 2 final multiclones.

КРЫСС and 18111398 like this.
  6. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

It's an adaption of many BL2 levels, including Freezy (The part shown in the screenshot above, dropping flat spike ball contraptions, falling boulders blocking the lasers, as well as the conveyor boulders part), Issues (the fragile walls part), Next (The circular saws part where you must duck under and slide along, etc.

КРЫСС likes this.
  7. dubz131

dubz131 Bot Lover

im going on record...that stupid big rolly ball part is f'ng stupid..it's that one part of the level that is harder than the rest and keeps me from getting 3 tries or less...also, i got the lasers to turn off one time by pressing one button....on another playthrough i pressed two buttons and they were both still on...whats up with that?

edit: i'll wait for your video 4slann...i'm annoyed and in a bad mood today...can't handle this levels nonsense (big ball)...i need a walkthrough on how to get all 70 powerups and not die at the ball part...i know you're the man for the job to show me how

edit 2: shitty ass laser/ball part too...almost impossible to get 2 clones to survive to get one to hit the button....you can easily get 2 clones down (usually 3)...but oh wait, STUPID screen of death is coming, the ball smashes one of your clones usually, AND last but not least the fucking button for the laser turn off has a delay which causes one of your clones to roll into the laser and die OR you try to fly to avoid dying by the delayed laser and die by the laser about you.....OH GREAT! and here's a NEW one....you finally get both clones through and both clones accidentally go up to hit the button and you die by screen of death because you always rushing around because of screen of death

Last edited: Jul 1, 2016
  8. 4slann

4slann Member

@dubz131 I'll upload a walkthrough this weekend. 1 mission alone is easy but when I try to do 2 at the same time it don't work :(

At first I thought I'll do a video where I solve all missions and get the 2 multiclones at the end. But that's too hard for me. I need luck and I don't have luck at the moment :(

dubz131 likes this.
  9. dubz131

dubz131 Bot Lover

thanks 4slann....i'm just in a really bad mood today and it effects my playing, but i finally got the 70 powerups mission....so now i just need to beat in 3 tries or less, though i preferrably like to do 1 try....the one part i constantly die at is the speed run/rolling ball...i know how to get on top of it to get ahead of it, but sometimes it just doesn't work (like you'll get on top of the ball and die by the spike above you/the rolling ball ends up coming faster once you get ahead of it and it smashes you into the wall/or it just doesn't let you get ahead of it even though you do exactly what you're supposed to)...so figure you'll die 3 times alone on that and bye bye mission....and then even if you make it through that part perfectly and get the slow powerups..when you blow up the mine to get the small powerup, sometimes the second mine explosion throw you across the screen and you can't get the small powerup anymore - and dead....there's a few parts like this is the level too where you should be able to do something once you play it enough and memorize the level, but there's random stuff that can happen that's out of your hands and will cause your death (i hate when luck is involved becaue it's not actual strategy/skill)...but at least since i can just focus on not dying, i can skip the stupid button parts and not worry about the ball/laser section and getting the button for powerups...i think if you focus on one mission at a time in this level you have a much better chance...that's what i had to do at least.

10. dubz131

dubz131 Bot Lover

ugh, burn it with fire...i finally got all 3...but i still want to see your walkthrough...you always figure out cool ways to do things...but i seriously don't see coming back to this one...the rage was fierce

11. Vicvic91

Ahah, great job Dubz ! qnos you need to cqn try the secret mission "Save 20+ clones".
    There is a way to get the 1st try, but you need to avoid a Slow powerup if you want to get the required speed to pass your Ball zone pefectly.

And for the mine part, there is no random here, just try to keep down before the explosion, and you will get always the Small powerup.

There is no luck in this level, just a straegic way to pass each part perfectly :)

dubz131 likes this.
  12. dubz131

dubz131 Bot Lover

yea, not a good day for me on this level..

alright yea i'll try that just for the complete in 1 try thing (i was figuring something was up since every time you get to the ball thing the first time you are way slower than it)

and as for the secret '20 clones +' - don't you need to have like atleast 15 at the end? i noticed below the last clone powerup there is a 'XV' which would be '15'...so my guess is in order to get that last laser to turn off you need to save atleast 4 clones all the way through to the end part, then collect the clone powerup that will give you 10 more clones (assuming you hit the switches of course) and that would give you the 15 to open it up.....orrrr maybe i'm just overthinking this...though there are 3 buttons in the level...i know the two that turn off the first lasers...not sure what the other button does though...

13. Tomd

Tomd New Member

My big issue with this level is the ball falling through the lasers. You need to come through that with 2 clones, one to hit the button (it gets trapped by a plant) and the other to continue the level. This is the part I really am depending on luck.

14. Vicvic91

Hey @Tomd ! Welcome :)
    If you try to get the 3 tries mission, you can pass this zone with 1 clone only.
    -> just try to fall the zone at the same time with the ball, to avoid each laser

15. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

Got 27 clones, then 29 clones! Woo!

Ok, so this level is an ED level with the weirdest secrets yet. Videos don't exactly explain what's going on in this level. There are 3 out-of-the-way buttons to press. You must press all 3 to open up the first superclone powerup. BUT, the weird thing is, unlike other levels, it does NOT matter if you die after securing each of the 3 buttons. It will still be recorded, which is a HUGE relief for a hard level like this. It's because the disabling event for the lasers use a very special property - The "Reset at Checkpoint" is off.

The second checkpoint is much easier to get, it's just have 15 clones or more at the last part.

The fast spinning propeller that flings you across the 3 lasers need to have the collision property Precise, @Vicvic91. Sometimes hits on Clony doesn't register properly.

16. Vicvic91

I'm not a monster, eheh ! :)

17. Tomd

Tomd New Member

We'll be the judge of that. Did you design this level?

n0phun likes this.
  18. 18111398

18111398 Elite Member

The creator of this level is Novaninja4. You can see it above the icon of this level.
    Actually Vicvic hasn't made any level for a long time (or I just don't know that)

19. Tomd

Tomd New Member

Has anybody managed a single play through yet. I'm avoiding picking up one of the 3 slow powerups at the beginning but then it's too fast to get by the ball dropping through the lasers. There is one slow powerup after that stage but I can't seem to avoid it. Is there a knack for giving it the slip?

dubz131 likes this.
  20. dubz131

dubz131 Bot Lover

nope...i honestly believe a single playthrough is impossible due to one part of the level where you are forced to die and start at a checkpoint