General Badland Ideas

Discussion in 'GENERAL DISCUSSION' started by Pizzaandy, Mar 24, 2016.

1. Pizzaandy

Pizzaandy Elite Member Beta tester

I guess there's no equivalent to what this thread is, so I'm taking the liberty to create it! (First thread I've created, no less!)
    Have ideas for game features or levels? If you'd like to share, put it here!
    Making up new ideas for a video game is always fun :)

2. 18111398

18111398 Elite Member

Now enough new items(?) and I want some new Power-ups!
    Like...reducing/increasing gravity?

3. Pizzaandy

Pizzaandy Elite Member Beta tester

The existing powerups tend to change mostly core mechanics, (timing, speed, size, velocity). Most of the core mechanics are taken, but it's fun to make some up anyways!
    I like the gravity powerup! Maybe someone could recreate that :smirk:
    Some ideas I've had:
    • Invinsibilty powerup that replenishes with collecting another invincibility powerup (Someone may also recreate this one :smirk::wink:)
    • A special clone powerup that makes one clone. Then that new clone spawns another clone after one second. Then that new clone, after one second, spawns another clone, etc. All new clones from this powerup are glowing to mark them. When one glowing clone dies, the spawning ends.
    • Camera follows clones powerup
    • A powerup that binds all the clones together in their places, as if invisible rods were holding each one together. This could then be used to make L shaped clone swarms to press buttons, etc
    • Inflated clone powerup/portal (High linear damping, low density)
    • Clone shell powerup, gives all clones a one-use protective shell that breaks when any clone runs into a deathbringer, saving its life
    • Ice clone: Low friction, can break when at high speeds, dies to lasers immediately

4. Sheepy

Sheepy Well-Known Member

You should be able to report a level for "blatant copy of an already existing level". I've been seeing a lot of copys of the official singleplayer levels, and level world levels that other people made

MisterM likes this.
  5. Hj326

Hj326 Hypercloner

A powerup that doubles your current clone total would be cool. Sort of like a super-reward for super-savers.

6. Sheepy

Sheepy Well-Known Member

Another thing you should be able to report a level for - 'Level isn't actually a level, would be better off as a forum post.'
    Then it could do something like send a message to the maker with a link.

CUBE MAN OFFICIAL likes this.
  7. Mr. X

Mr. X Elite Member

Adding the bl2 roller clone might be nice....

8. CUBE MAN OFFICIAL

CUBE MAN OFFICIAL Penguin Clony

however, not everyone is on the forum!

9. Sheepy

Sheepy Well-Known Member

Yes that is why people make levels that are just messages, so it could tell them about the forum so that they wouldn't clog up the level world

10. InterludeDude

InterludeDude Elite Member Beta tester

Well this is already possible (with joints, rotate events and touch triggers), so I don't see the need to make it a poweru
    You might notice that clones do not obey gravity laws. Not fully, anyways. If a Gravitor is pointing anywhere but straight down, clones will still fall straight down when you let go of the screen/keys/buttons/WHATEVER. Maybe a special type of Gravitor that has the clones obey gravity too?

Last edited: Jul 16, 2016
  11. InterludeDude

InterludeDude Elite Member Beta tester

Not much else but some naming ideas for the next BL2 pack? Maybe keep the themes the same, but instead of the standard names I'd use overgrown, permafrost, hellscape, and omega? Tell me if you like them :)
    P.S. Is this post even active?
    P.S.S. CAMERA IS TOO FAST D:<