CYCLO Challenge - Who can make a 10-level pack for Cyclo ?

Discussion in 'FROGMIND'S CHOICE & CONTESTS' started by Vicvic91, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Corran

Corran Well-Known Member

I played through the level. When I got to the flamers, they were just deadly white sticks. I have not checked the editor for them yet.

2. Sheepy

Sheepy Well-Known Member

So it did not look like this?

IMG_0014.PNG

Can you show what it was for you?

3. Corran

Corran Well-Known Member

Screenshot_2016-07-15-21-37-10.png ATTACK OF THE DEADLY WHITE STICKS!

In the editor, the have all the correct particles, however, when I go into my editor, I don't have that type of particle...

They are the same in the #Cyclo level as well.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2016
  4. Sheepy

Sheepy Well-Known Member

That is really weird. Can you go back to page 2 of this thread and copy the design posted there to make yours look like that? (Each one of the particles in Vicvic's screenshot is a stack of like 15 particles btw)

5. Corran

Corran Well-Known Member

Yay! Restarted my tablet, now the particles work!

6. Corran

Corran Well-Known Member

False alarm, my tablet slows way down before deciding to not show them. Guess this level is going to be before the flamers.

7. Vicvic91

Vicvic91 Administrator Staff Member Frogmind

What is your device model and iOS version ? Do you have the last android update ?

8. Corran

Corran Well-Known Member

Samsung Galaxy Tab A, Android Lollipop. Not sure how to get Marshmallow yet.

9. Vicvic91

Can you also check that you have the last game update ? (Update from 14.7.2016)

10. Corran

Corran Well-Known Member

I have the latest update.

11. Corran

Corran Well-Known Member

Yay! Using a different particle, I was able to create my own flamer. I also created a fire pit.

Vicvic91 likes this.
  12. Corran

Corran Well-Known Member

Here is my first contribution to this! #Cyclo SUPERHUGE. Ifor there's something I should have or shouldn't have done, please let me know.

#Cyclo SUPERHUGE

13. Corran

Corran Well-Known Member

I forgot, I thought of missions for it too.

1. Finish in one try
    2. Collect all power ups
    3. Don't touch any saws

Vicvic91 likes this.
  14. Vicvic91

Great job ! Your level is cool ! :)

Your big button could be redesigned to be more "graphical" but the mechanism runs good !

Here some other feedbacks :
    . Your saw+big Clony is doomsday ! Ahah :o
    . Maybe missing extra puzzles and zones to make it longuer
    . I miss some chalenge with clones to collect

Btw, congrats for this level ! :)

15. Corran

Corran Well-Known Member

Ugh, that button took forever to make and trouble shoot. It has two buttons in it: one to do the actual button job, the other to stop the button top from moving.

With the saws, I wanted to show some of the disadvantages of being huge. For example, way harder to control.

I thought it was rather short as well, I'll get back to work on it for an update.

16. Sheepy

Sheepy Well-Known Member

I like the level! I have some comments about the part with the flamers though. There aren't any powerups that make you small again, but If you die, you can go through it regular sized. Also with the second flamer, it takes up the whole pathway, so you don't really know which parts are deadly and which arent't. Overall a good level though.

17. Corran

Corran Well-Known Member

It is possible to roll over the second flamer. I wanted it to be sort of challenging to finish the level in one try, after all Doomsday and Daydream aren't easy are they?

Was it bad that it is possible to go through as small?

18. Vicvic91

When I try to avoid the big powerups, the pipe never broke

19. Corran

Corran Well-Known Member

I know. If you look at it in the editor, I set the pipe to break if you were big enough. Big pipes = strong pipes.

20. Corran

Corran Well-Known Member

Okay, I'm stuck. Got any puzzle ideas? If someone taught me how to make a squisher, I could make a couple more.